PDA

View Full Version : Mass exodus from Xaviers to All Saints

kpp011
10-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Quite a number of students have already transferred and are attending classes already at All Saints. A lot more have already applied to commence their studies from January 2006. Everyday, students walk in and are requesting transfers. Xaviers classrooms should be emptying by January and it looks like this will resolve their lack of space issues which they "claim"... At least now they will have space for the meager library.
Transferring Xaviers students complain that they do not have:
1) ANY laboratories facilites
2) NO microscope, no slides and that computers with a disk are sufficient... hilarious!
3) NO real library. They "claim" their books are in cardboard boxes and of no use to any students.
4) NO student lounge... the stairwell is where the students conglomerate.. how classy..
5) oh yes.. the morgue and the cadavers where the dissection takes place... the most laughable statement on their website.. NO DISSECTION is taking place or has EVER taken place at Xaviers. It is just like their WHO listing!
6) school cafeteria... where? oh, you mean the restaurants down the road or in the malls?
7) NO rotations in Atlanta Medical Center from December. Tenet healthcare kicked out GMC Group due to their SHADY and GREEDY dealings...
8) OH yes.. Their suspicious change of addresses not ONLY of the SCHOOL ITSELF but of their US office.. from New Jersey to Atlanta to Massachusetts... This school is roaming around like nomads. Students are confused and frustrated.

Much more to mention but I don't have time.. I'll get back to you guys later...
DON'T BELIEVE A WORD THIS SCHOOL IS SAYING. THE XAVIERS STUDENTS ARE FRUSTRATED AND UTTERLY DISSAPPOINTED.

godeep85
10-20-2005, 03:09 PM
lol... get a life, spend more time in your books then starting beef with a medical school... its pathetic, anyone who listens to this idiot doesnt deserve to be a doctor, disgruntled people like to take stabs in the dark... simple as that

kpp011
10-22-2005, 04:24 PM
lol... get a life, spend more time in your books then starting beef with a medical school... its pathetic, anyone who listens to this idiot doesnt deserve to be a doctor, disgruntled people like to take stabs in the dark... simple as that

Taking stabs in the dark is far from what I am doing... It is evident you have no idea what you are talking about. People are being enlightened about Xaviers and its shady games... they have been playing with students lives for far too long.. How their empty promises can fool students for so long is beyond me. They say one thing and then change it around then next day. Students are NOT THAT GULLIBLE. There are MANY other better options that Xaviers. If YOU are stuck there, then too bad... but don't let others suffer the same fate as you by disinformation. Everything I have said is VERIFIABLE.
ANd I am NOT the only one saying so... which begets the question... how low are your standards that you would think Xaviers to be a good school. Practically all the students at Xaviers are apalled by the lies their own administration is spewing out. May be you are one of the gullible few.

p_in_da_wind
10-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Like i said before, i think godeep is a member of administration... If you are a student godeep! then i can only wish you GOOD LUCK, because i am sure you are going to need it if you stayed there... If you are a member of administration, then that seems to be the only reason why you are defending your school... Can you seriously say that all the things said in the first listing are wrong.... If wrong then please specify which part is wrong and why... if what "kpp" said is wrong then why dont you tell us the truth, tell us your side of the story, tell us the names of the hospitals your students are doing their clinicls in, give us names of your alumnis, tell me how many grads are practicing and in which states are they practicing in(and NO! "our grads went to other countries" is not the correct answer).... Give us something...
How are you going to just come in here and say that what other person is saying is false when you cant provide a counter statement (or as you would say "the truth")...

Manny22
10-22-2005, 04:42 PM

where's your evidence to establish the contrary

teratos
10-23-2005, 08:39 AM
where's your evidence to establish the contrary

Rebuttal with facts is always preferable to attacks with insults. Just a random thought that popped into my head just now. G

livvydoc
10-23-2005, 01:21 PM
I know that I have always been one to stand by my decisions but c'mon man lets be real... LET'S ALL BE REAL!!!!!!

Now to set the record straight......
(1) Yes, Xavier doesn't have labs as yet but because it is an issuse for the students labs are currently in the process of being set up.
(2) The website arguement... I must admit there are some things that need to be clarified on the website but
if we read it carefully it does say "WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF...." everything after that speaks about plans for the new building. Sooo kids repeat after me..... READ TO SUCCEED!!!!!!!!!! There are no misunderstandings or lies in the statement because they never said they have it, they said we are in the process of meaning we are planning to. Now the morgue crap... we can all agree that that needs to be deleted. But the other stuff... that's good to go.
(3) Yes, All Saints does have microscopes... several of them I might add but I visited the campus and I was afraid to touch the desks because there were kinda filthy. Maybe they should take some of the $$ they used on the microscopes and give the students a place to rest the books they spent sooo much money on instead of providing them with old plastic tables that smell bad even after they are cleaned (and a student at ASUM brought that to light).
(4) Mass exodus???????? Honestly, students did contemplate transferring however only two of them actually transferred. And one of them said that if Xavier got their act together they were gonna transfer back sooooo. Let's talk numbers now because they say that they have alot of people who signed applications and what not but c'mon how many of you filled out applications to med school but only went to one (everyone duuhhhhhh).There's nothing wrong with keeping your options open. There's an old saying that goes "mouth can say anything" and just because people say something doesn't mean that it will always come to pass. Half of them may not even complete the transfer.That's just human nature.
(5) As far as Xavier's administration being unethical. All Saints is no better off. How do you attempt to socially crucify someone for "stealing" students from St James when you yourself are "stealing" students from Xavier. Now don't get me wrong cuz I have a far way to go with this one so plz bear with me. You say that Xavier put a $500 bounty on every transfer they got from St James but the thing is all Saints but a $30 000+ bounty on a specific # of students heads (and you know that I am not lying).

See the thing is, I am not trying to bash Xavier or All Saints but the spirit that's driving the indiviual that started this thread is an immoral one. You cannnot condemn someone for something when you yourself are engaging in the same activities. I will give All Saints their props you know. Micrscopes... BRAVO!!!!! Great professors... I'm all for it. Xavier knows that they still have a long way to go and they are making the steps to correct what needs to be done but DO NOT try to hinder someone else's progress just to make yourself feel better. If they are indeed doing or have done something wrong learn from their mistakes and attempt not to do the same. 'Cause form what I can see you guys are both playing the same game and that is to be expected because all of you guys were in BONAIRE TOGETHER!!!!!!!!! Let's be honest with ourselves now and before we try to shoot someone else down let's ensure that we all have our crap together.

P.S. On a real kpp001 stop handing out w/e it is that you are, stop trying start a "XUSOM SJM BONAIRE" up in Aruba and stop plz stop bashing when you know that you are no better than they are. And do you wanna know why you are no better than Xavier... because if you were you wouldn't stoop this low. And you can reply back to this, you can do w/e you wish but if you want to debate this face to face let me know. Because even if I contemplated transfering to your school I won't because for someone who acted as if they were so moral and ethical I never expected you to do something like this (you know who you are).

Anyway, see you guys whenever we get to clinicals because our main goal is to become doctors and not bash. I know you want more students so that you can start profitting from your business but don't play with your students lives... GET THEIR DINA FORMS STR8 b/c you almost had a mass exodous back to CANADA last week arright. Let's get our heads straight and work to better serve our communities and BUILD others up not attemtp to TEAR them down becasue believe it or not you are not in any bette a position. Well.... at least Xavier students had their forms for over a month now, you guys are still working on yours!!!!! (What does that say about you!!!)

L8TA!!!!!!

Manny22
10-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Rebuttal with facts is always preferable to attacks with insults. Just a random thought that popped into my head just now. G

and i don't particularily favour this school, it just seems wrong to attack something/someone like that and what inadvertantly ends up happening is the opposite of what the accuser had in mind to accomplish

Manny22
10-23-2005, 01:33 PM
I know that I have always been one to stand by my decisions but c'mon man lets be real... LET'S ALL BE REAL!!!!!!

L8TA!!!!!!

i can understand the students' frustrations... they were promised a magic beanstalk

p_in_da_wind
10-23-2005, 01:37 PM
all i want to see is a LIST of alumni...
# of grads from this school practicing in US and in which states...
WHat is their Step 1 pass rate... (and that rate is out of how many students...)

These are the questions asked in almost every school's thread...

livvydoc
10-23-2005, 01:43 PM
You want the stats from XUSOM AND ASUM? I have the stats for ASUM I can get the ones for XUSOM and reply back tomorrow.

p_in_da_wind
10-23-2005, 01:47 PM
i want XUSOM...
* The list of alumni and which states are they licensed and practicing in...(and NO, "our grads went to other countries due to personal reasons") will not be a valid answer.
* Step 1 pass rate for past one year (how many students took step 1, how many passed...)
* names of all the CLinicl sites XUSOM has to offer other than Atlanta(as stated on their website...)

livvydoc
10-23-2005, 04:01 PM
i want XUSOM...
* The list of alumni and which states are they licensed and practicing in...(and NO, "our grads went to other countries due to personal reasons") will not be a valid answer.
* Step 1 pass rate for past one year (how many students took step 1, how many passed...)
* names of all the CLinicl sites XUSOM has to offer other than Atlanta(as stated on their website...)

Dang you ain't got to say the first part wit soo much attitude I am trying to get all the info just like you. I just asked if you wanted ASUM because I can get those too seeing that it's the issue that prompted the thread. But I will get those answers andif I can't get an answer for the first one then don't shoot the messenger because I don't think they have a class that has graduated from clinicals as yet and that's why I am trying to figure out what the debate in Aruba is because both schools just have students in clinicals. But I will see what I can do. I know I can get answers for the other two though.

L8ta!

snipper
10-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Actually livvydoc, maybe you should get your facts straight.
You're trying to say that ASUM is trying to steal students from Xavier by following the same practices as XUSOM, but if you really are a student in Aruba, you would then know that ASUM did not ever actively or passively go after ANY Xavier students, and that ALL of them walked into the ASUM campus of THEIR OWN ACCORD.
Any scholarships awarded were based on student need, according to their own pleas. And if you say anything to the contrary, then you either don't know anything about whats really going on, or else you are simply trying to discredit ASUM by being an agent for Xavier. If offering scholarships to students who have demonstrated a need for it is a bad thing, then perhaps you're not on any high moral ground yourself. Or maybe you're sad that you didn't qualify for any scholarship, and you're upset? That could be another theory that comes to mind.
Or else, please, do present any proof that ASUM tried to lure any students from Xaviers as Xaviers did to SJSM in Bonaire.
ASUM has a policy of offering scholarships not just to any particular school's transferring students, but to everyone in general. The University can afford to do this since it has substantial financial backing. So this bounty you're trying to misconstrue as being a ploy to lure Xavier students is midguided (deliberately or not, who knows).

So you're saying that ASUM basically is a bad school since it has smelly tables? :) I didn't know tables could smell.
And they have good lab equipment and good professors, and yet you say that a student who has transferred into ASUM wants to go back to XUSOM which has none of these and still 'has a long way to go'? Does that make sense to you? Or is that person just a bit weird?

As far as the supposed 'immigration raid'... I suppose you missed the part where it was stated that the Dean of ASUM went and talked to the immigration department and found out that they had nothing to do with it? Are you missing the connection, do you need it to be spelt out for you? If the papers aren't in order, and all this happened, wouldn't the students have BEEN DEPORTED BY NOW in that case? Why would they immigration department turn a blind eye to it now or else suddenly give them more time to get things in order. The temporary residence permit is what is required for students to be allowed to stay there, and the Xavier students didn't have that either when this unauthorized 'raid' happened. (Unauthorized, as in the government of Aruba had nothing to do with it.)

What about the malaria? Suddenly that factors out? Are you choosing to ignore that whole ploy? And how they had sent spies in to ASUM to gather information (are you one of those spies?)

And what about now? They're actually having Xavier students park outside the ASUM campus and watch everybody who goes in and out in an attempt to determine who exactly has or will transfer... what do you have to say about that? Xavier students are trying to walk into the ASUM campus themselves.. no one is pointing any guns to their heads to get them there... the people who transferred into ASUM came of their own accord. And there are more than two people who have transferred in.. so you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

So you tell me, should there be silence when stuff like this is going on? You're getting all highstrung about people pointing these things out, but yet you have nothing to say in defense of Xavier, other than to say "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"?

Were you in Bonaire? Do you know what happened there? If not, then you really shouldn't be talking on Xavier's behalf about ethics and morals.

"GET THEIR DINA FORMS STR8 b/c you almost had a mass exodous back to CANADA last week arright. Let's get our heads straight and work to better serve our communities and BUILD others up not attemtp to TEAR them down becasue believe it or not you are not in any bette a position. Well.... at least Xavier students had their forms for over a month now, you guys are still working on yours!!!!! (What does that say about you!!!)"

Just to get back on this point you seem to harp on.
Xavier students do not have their temporary residence permits yet. They only have the DINA form which says that they have submitted all their papers. The temporary residence permit comes after the health certification issued by the Health Department of Aruba and the Census Department has to give the ok to issue the permit. So basically the DINA paper is not a temporary residence permit, so BASICALLY Xavier students and ASUM students are on the same footing. So BASICALLY, by YOUR reasoning, it would mean that all the students from both universities would have had to be deported.
let me reiterate - the lack of DINA papers are not a sufficient reason for students to fear being deported.
So you're miguided once again. Or the other theory is that someone is giving you false information ;)

I wonder where Xavier Officials are on this? They seem to have disappeared, and suddenly all these people are coming on and giving all sorts of weird misinformation. I guess they've been caught in their own lies too often and need to be able to say "I didn't say that" by not writing anything themselve and using pawns instead.

(1) Yes, Xavier doesn't have labs as yet but because it is an issuse for the students labs are currently in the process of being set up.
(2) The website arguement... I must admit there are some things that need to be clarified on the website but
if we read it carefully it does say "WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF...." everything after that speaks about plans for the new building. Sooo kids repeat after me..... READ TO SUCCEED!!!!!!!!!! There are no misunderstandings or lies in the statement because they never said they have it, they said we are in the process of meaning we are planning to. Now the morgue crap... we can all agree that that needs to be deleted. But the other stuff... that's good to go.
(3) Yes, All Saints does have microscopes... several of them I might add but I visited the campus and I was afraid to touch the desks because there were kinda filthy. Maybe they should take some of the $$ they used on the microscopes and give the students a place to rest the books they spent sooo much money on instead of providing them with old plastic tables that smell bad even after they are cleaned (and a student at ASUM brought that to light).
(4) Mass exodus???????? Honestly, students did contemplate transferring however only two of them actually transferred. And one of them said that if Xavier got their act together they were gonna transfer back sooooo. Let's talk numbers now because they say that they have alot of people who signed applications and what not but c'mon how many of you filled out applications to med school but only went to one (everyone duuhhhhhh).There's nothing wrong with keeping your options open. There's an old saying that goes "mouth can say anything" and just because people say something doesn't mean that it will always come to pass. Half of them may not even complete the transfer.That's just human nature.
(5) As far as Xavier's administration being unethical. All Saints is no better off. How do you attempt to socially crucify someone for "stealing" students from St James when you yourself are "stealing" students from Xavier. Now don't get me wrong cuz I have a far way to go with this one so plz bear with me. You say that Xavier put a $500 bounty on every transfer they got from St James but the thing is all Saints but a $30 000+ bounty on a specific # of students heads (and you know that I am not lying).

See the thing is, I am not trying to bash Xavier or All Saints but the spirit that's driving the indiviual that started this thread is an immoral one. You cannnot condemn someone for something when you yourself are engaging in the same activities. I will give All Saints their props you know. Micrscopes... BRAVO!!!!! Great professors... I'm all for it. Xavier knows that they still have a long way to go and they are making the steps to correct what needs to be done but DO NOT try to hinder someone else's progress just to make yourself feel better. If they are indeed doing or have done something wrong learn from their mistakes and attempt not to do the same. 'Cause form what I can see you guys are both playing the same game and that is to be expected because all of you guys were in BONAIRE TOGETHER!!!!!!!!! Let's be honest with ourselves now and before we try to shoot someone else down let's ensure that we all have our crap together.

P.S. On a real kpp001 stop handing out w/e it is that you are, stop trying start a "XUSOM SJM BONAIRE" up in Aruba and stop plz stop bashing when you know that you are no better than they are. And do you wanna know why you are no better than Xavier... because if you were you wouldn't stoop this low. And you can reply back to this, you can do w/e you wish but if you want to debate this face to face let me know. Because even if I contemplated transfering to your school I won't because for someone who acted as if they were so moral and ethical I never expected you to do something like this (you know who you are).

Anyway, see you guys whenever we get to clinicals because our main goal is to become doctors and not bash. I know you want more students so that you can start profitting from your business but don't play with your students lives... GET THEIR DINA FORMS STR8 b/c you almost had a mass exodous back to CANADA last week arright. Let's get our heads straight and work to better serve our communities and BUILD others up not attemtp to TEAR them down becasue believe it or not you are not in any bette a position. Well.... at least Xavier students had their forms for over a month now, you guys are still working on yours!!!!! (What does that say about you!!!)

L8TA!!!!!!

kpp011
10-23-2005, 06:11 PM
Actually livvydoc, maybe you should get your facts straight.
You're trying to say that ASUM is trying to steal students from Xavier by following the same practices as XUSOM, but if you really are a student in Aruba, you would then know that ASUM did not ever actively or passively go after ANY Xavier students, and that ALL of them walked into the ASUM campus of THEIR OWN ACCORD.
Any scholarships awarded were based on student need, according to their own pleas. And if you say anything to the contrary, then you either don't know anything about whats really going on, or else you are simply trying to discredit ASUM by being an agent for Xavier. If offering scholarships to students who have demonstrated a need for it is a bad thing, then perhaps you're not on any high moral ground yourself. Or maybe you're sad that you didn't qualify for any scholarship, and you're upset? That could be another theory that comes to mind.
Or else, please, do present any proof that ASUM tried to lure any students from Xaviers as Xaviers did to SJSM in Bonaire.
ASUM has a policy of offering scholarships not just to any particular school's transferring students, but to everyone in general. The University can afford to do this since it has substantial financial backing. So this bounty you're trying to misconstrue as being a ploy to lure Xavier students is midguided (deliberately or not, who knows).

So you're saying that ASUM basically is a bad school since it has smelly tables? :) I didn't know tables could smell.
And they have good lab equipment and good professors, and yet you say that a student who has transferred into ASUM wants to go back to XUSOM which has none of these and still 'has a long way to go'? Does that make sense to you? Or is that person just a bit weird?

As far as the supposed 'immigration raid'... I suppose you missed the part where it was stated that the Dean of ASUM went and talked to the immigration department and found out that they had nothing to do with it? Are you missing the connection, do you need it to be spelt out for you? If the papers aren't in order, and all this happened, wouldn't the students have BEEN DEPORTED BY NOW in that case? Why would they immigration department turn a blind eye to it now or else suddenly give them more time to get things in order. The temporary residence permit is what is required for students to be allowed to stay there, and the Xavier students didn't have that either when this unauthorized 'raid' happened. (Unauthorized, as in the government of Aruba had nothing to do with it.)

What about the malaria? Suddenly that factors out? Are you choosing to ignore that whole ploy? And how they had sent spies in to ASUM to gather information (are you one of those spies?)

And what about now? They're actually having Xavier students park outside the ASUM campus and watch everybody who goes in and out in an attempt to determine who exactly has or will transfer... what do you have to say about that? Xavier students are trying to walk into the ASUM campus themselves.. no one is pointing any guns to their heads to get them there... the people who transferred into ASUM came of their own accord. And there are more than two people who have transferred in.. so you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

So you tell me, should there be silence when stuff like this is going on? You're getting all highstrung about people pointing these things out, but yet you have nothing to say in defense of Xavier, other than to say "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"?

Were you in Bonaire? Do you know what happened there? If not, then you really shouldn't be talking on Xavier's behalf about ethics and morals.

"GET THEIR DINA FORMS STR8 b/c you almost had a mass exodous back to CANADA last week arright. Let's get our heads straight and work to better serve our communities and BUILD others up not attemtp to TEAR them down becasue believe it or not you are not in any bette a position. Well.... at least Xavier students had their forms for over a month now, you guys are still working on yours!!!!! (What does that say about you!!!)"

Just to get back on this point you seem to harp on.
Xavier students do not have their temporary residence permits yet. They only have the DINA form which says that they have submitted all their papers. The temporary residence permit comes after the health certification issued by the Health Department of Aruba and the Census Department has to give the ok to issue the permit. So basically the DINA paper is not a temporary residence permit, so BASICALLY Xavier students and ASUM students are on the same footing. So BASICALLY, by YOUR reasoning, it would mean that all the students from both universities would have had to be deported.
let me reiterate - the lack of DINA papers are not a sufficient reason for students to fear being deported.
So you're miguided once again. Or the other theory is that someone is giving you false information ;)

I wonder where Xavier Officials are on this? They seem to have disappeared, and suddenly all these people are coming on and giving all sorts of weird misinformation. I guess they've been caught in their own lies too often and need to be able to say "I didn't say that" by not writing anything themselve and using pawns instead.

Excellent points snipper....
So lets get this straight.. students actually prefer having a nice table as opposed to having the basic necessities for education? Something wrong with that picture...
Xaviers had since 2004 to get it "right" and they are still working on it... they only recently discovered they needed 4 semester's of premed for "national licensing requirements"... so are you saying its fine that the previous semesters at Xaviers are now screwed? Isn't that of more concern, that having a nice table... Isn't having basic education facilities more important than having a nice table? ASUM is a new school and has already superceded Xaviers from its inception. Xaviers has only 2 states for clinical rotations whereas ASUM has already 9 states where students can do rotations. And that too with more affordable fees? So are you telling me students are willing to pay more money at Xaviers for less and be happy about it?
Students are transferring only because they know GOOD from BAD when they see it.
Additionally too, any school can say "we are in the process of constructing, or we are planning to" do this and that... I recall in Bonaire they were "planning" to make a 30,000 sq ft facility... what happened to that? Any school can post up "future projections"... Its what's at hand that's important.
As for the "satellite campuses".. They have one small office in Bonaire to steal students from St James. How they can openly state that a satellite campus and make people believe that is beyond me.
Empty promises, false statements and underhanded dealings are what this school is good for. Not all the students are GULLIBLE.

livvydoc
10-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Funny you should say that because the scholarship that was granted to some of the students was not becasue of any academic or financial merit, they were completely based on how many students you could convince to come into the school. That's the same thing Xavier was accused of doing in Bonaire and that was the basis for me saying that you cannot "socially crucify" someone for certain practices if you are involved in the same activities okay. No need to get all worked up because like I said if you want to argue this in person we can do so. I was there so I know what happened and there is no way that you can tell me different given the fact that you were not.
I am not an agent for Xavier I am speaking from a very objective position. I see the faults in both practices and that's all I am trying to say. I know of both practices and the games they both play. I do not have anything against either school or than the finger ponting and name calling.
Anyway Mr. Snipper if you go to either school or a med school for that matter you will know that we do have alot of work to do so I will catch up with you later arright! WE HAVE NO TIME SO WORTHLESS ARGUEMENTS DUDE. Continue this convo in the Step I forum. Let's try..... What books do we need to better prepare us for Step I and given the fact that we are on the same island is anyone in ARUBA looking for a study partner. FORGET THE SCHOOL ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constantine
11-02-2005, 11:40 AM
Quoting livvy :"That was the basis for me saying that you cannot "socially crucify" someone for certain practices if you are involved in the same activities okay."

"I know of both practices and the games they both play. I do not have anything against either school or than the finger ponting and name calling."

Funny you should say that livvy. I won't socially crucify you but isn't it exactly what you have done.
You came to All Saints University to get enrolled, you rubbed elbows with the president, trash talked Xavier, filled out an application and even attended classes for a couple of weeks while still attending Xavier classes.
Then you suddenly out of nowhere decide to go back to Xavier and come on this forum and condemn All Saints. You got confidential information about student's at All Saints, you were even welcomed at All Saints as a student even when you were still registered At Xavier. Your boyfriend even got enrolled at All Saints. Then after some kind of incentives like your midterms that you missed and the promise of MD 1, your the xavier mascotte.

Come on!!! Your boyfriend would be ashamed of you. Do you realize what you are doing is exactly what you are professing as evil.

Now for an impartial point of vue,

-Both schools are relatively new, but for the 10 months that All Saints has operated, they are pretty well established compared to Xavier.
-Xavier has been conducting classes since May of 2004 but they still don't have any labs set up (Histo, micro, Path and anantomy).
-All saints has cadavers coming this month and a fully equipped microscope lab. (Classes since january 2005)
-Xavier does have the financial backing of the President who happens to be one of the owners of GMC group. Xavier is much more expensive than ASUM though (about 2 times more with clinicals).
-The tuition is not proportional to the services rendered at Xavier, that is obvious, but increasing the tuition in the middle of the term, that is unethical.
-Xavier does not have WHO listing, they have been trying since 2003, and only the next edition in January 2006 will tell if they are ever going to get it. All saints claims to have the WHO listing already, also going to be posted in Jan 2006.
-Xavier has lost Atlanta Medical center but assures us that they have at least 10 other sites in Atlanta with the contract signed for Chicago (Jackson Park), and New York. Which sites? That has not been disclosed.
All Saints has clinicals operational in Indiana, Chicago and Miami (students are attending these sites now).
- Xavier administration has asked at least 3 students and at least 1 prof. to go and gather info about All Saint's. They pretended to be prospective students. On the other hand All saint's has never sent anyone untill this day.
-Xavier does have some excellent professors and that is a great positive for the school. All saint's profs are also pretty good.
- Xavier's campus is not at all what was expected from the students, they do not have a library nor a decent lounge. For 70+ students it is a shame. All saint's has a fully furnished and equipped lounge, pool table, foozball, TV, fridge, microwave etc... But Xavier promises a new building in 2 years.... Not useful for the current students. ASUM does not have a library, they claim that when they move into their new facility in Jan 2006, they will have a fully operational one.
-Xavier has TERI/CANHELP loans, how they got it, many versions, but this is their hidden weapon. The loans are assuring the school's survival. All saints has a medical loan set up but only for canadians. Xavier does not meet the criteria for TERI loans, but they have it, whether they will lose them like St. James only time will tell.
- Xavier used to market the fact that they had a 24 hour library service, now not only they don't have one but if a student wishes to use a classroom after 12 at night they will be individually billed an electricity surcharge.

In my point of view All Saint's is a better school today. Things can change, Xavier has to upgrade their facilities ASAP. GREED is a SIN.
The students many of whom are on financial aid, don't have an option but to stick it out. Self payers consider an alternative.

Now I know there is "bad blood" running since 2003 between both schools but the facts are pretty clear. Please feel free to add any detail of either university I may have left out.

"The cooking pot should not tell the kettle how black she is "

C.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.