PDA

View Full Version : Histo Geeks

Junito
10-12-2005, 10:31 PM
A Jewish couple comes into your office with their 23 month old daughter. They complain that their child is easily startled and has become less responsive to visual stimulation. You check her eyes and note a cherry red macula. Okay, we all know it is Tay Sachs, but what cell organelle is typically involved, give me the enzymes involved too. What builds up?

mog
10-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Ganglioside builds up, and Hex-A is deficient (but I don't know why it's absent). also I don't know what organelle is involved. Hmmm...

Nimmuk
10-13-2005, 07:49 PM
A Jewish couple comes into your office with their 23 month old daughter. They complain that their child is easily startled and has become less responsive to visual stimulation. You check her eyes and note a cherry red macula. Okay, we all know it is Tay Sachs, but what cell organelle is typically involved, give me the enzymes involved too. What builds up?

the enzyme involved was disccused already. The enzyme is absenst from the lysosome becuase it was never targeted from the golgi body to the lysosome.

Edited for spelling

Junito
10-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Very good! Here is another one for you: Where is the Macula densa located? a) proximal tubule b) loop of henle c) distal tubule d) collecting duct e) papillary duct What is its functiion? (No MC for this question.

MDiva
10-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Loop of Henle. Secretes renin w/JGA in response to decreases in both bp and sodium ion concentration.

mog
10-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Isn't it in the distal tubule?? This thread helped me to correct my confusion between JG cells and macula densa locations - thanks!!

What's (no MC)?

Junito
11-04-2005, 06:55 PM
Isn't it in the distal tubule?? This thread helped me to correct my confusion between JG cells and macula densa locations - thanks!!

What's (no MC)?

What is the function? (no Multiple Choice for that question).

Junito
11-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Loop of Henle. Secretes renin w/JGA in response to decreases in both bp and sodium ion concentration.

Correct. We have a winner! Come up with more questions, I'll try to post some more in the future...

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.