PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Website!!!!!!!!

Xavier Admissions
10-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Our brand new website is up, at the same address!!!!!

edu.XUSOM.nl

Brainy
10-12-2005, 08:17 PM
I tried but the website doesn't work. The new website also looks shady like the administrators.
Try to fix it.

DrShikima
10-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Our brand new website is up, at the same address!!!!!

edu.XUSOM.nl

I think you exceeded the exclamation mark limit and caused the website to crash. Way to go.... now we'll never get to see it...

Brainy
10-12-2005, 08:39 PM
May be one day you will never see xavier in Aruba. Watch out guys be careful.

ghostwriter
10-16-2005, 02:11 AM
This new website is...uuhhh...interesting. I got the line in my title from the flash intro, which was, btw, very 'flashy' i must say...lots of people smiling; guess they dont know much about xavier :P Not only is the quote factually WRONG since they dont have WHO, thus not being "fully accredited," (cant wait for the xav admin to reply with something like "for the FINAL time, we have sent the who letter!!!, we're accredited by MFMG/IMED, why dont u call me, etc.," hahaha), but its reaking of bad grammer. tsk tsk :| I know what it means, but still...I mean C'MON!!!

But my favourite line from the flash intro has to be the very first line:

NO MCAT REQUIRED!!!

lol...oh man...what can I say, atleast they're upfront about this...a little too upfront. can u imagine if mcat WAS required?? lolllllllll

AUCMD2006
10-16-2005, 02:38 AM
"XUSOM has the honor to be the only International Medical School with a Board of Trustees and Board of Directors made up of the United States trained and licensed physicians."

wonder if that is the "ER" doc from SC?:lolup:

"XUSOM has pre-clinical studies thought by extraordinary doctors and hundreds of teaching clinical sites in the South eastern United States"

wow, they have hundred's of clinical sites

"Effectively, we have already set the milieu for what all other offshore medical schools thrive to achieve in the decades to come"

quite an achievement to set the standard for schools that have been there for decades yet not have a single licensed doctor or even a WHO letter

"As we prepare for our first graduating classes, Xavier is already set to grow into a contemporary coed campus with the ability to learn and grow through an internationally recognized, and peer-admired medical education program"

they are "set to grow" yet are decades ahead of all other schools? and exactly which "peers" are so enamored with the program?:rolleyes:

seriously though, they have set goals for the future, hopefully they will deliver on the promise to build library and 30,000 sq foot campus and all that for their students...

snipper
10-16-2005, 12:43 PM
The xavier admin tried to emphasize that the administration decided to do things differently from when they were in bonaire, but if the administration hasn't changed, then how can anyone expect them to change their ways of running things?
The website is so pretty, isn't it? Too bad it's filled with more ** and lies.
Notice how they still haven't outright stated that they don't have WHO listing? "it will be done by December!" yet, they claimed before that the WHO never gives out time frames. hm. And they're citing 'delayed meetings'... why don't you just say you don't have it yet?

"Charters
Xavier University School of Medicine is one of the few prestigious Medical Universities with the honor of Dual Charter from two different Governments."

Honor of a dual charter? hahahah! What the heck is that supposed to mean? Right below that, they state that the Bonaire campus was MOVED to Aruba, so that means the bonaire campus is inoperational, right? So are they pretending that the students who graduate from Aruba have the honor of being able to say that they have a dual degree from Bonaire as well? hahahah! What an honour, what a prestige, and how advantageous! What rubbish, is more like it....

Netherlands Antilles

Xavier University School of Medicine was chartered by the government of Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles on November 7, 2003. The inauguration semester began on May 17, 2004 with the assembly of all pre-medical and medical school classes.

Aruba

The second charter was awarded to Xavier University School of Medicine on November 10, 2004 with the formal agreement being signed between the Minister of Public Health and Environment and Xavier University School of Medicine foundation. The inauguration classes will be initiated on September 12, 2005 after the Board of Trustees unanimously voted to move the Bonaire campus to Aruba.

What about the actual campus...
THE PHYSICAL STRUCTURE

Xavier University campus in Aruba is 10,000+ square feet of fully secured compound, with nighttime and weekend security officers on site. The campus encompasses a vibrant multicultural atmosphere. We are in the process of renovating our future campus facilities of about 30,000 square feet. This campus will encompass state of the art facilities, with modern medical library, multi disciplinary educational programs, health fitness center, and magnificent auditorium. There is fully functional on campus cafeteria that provide breakfast and lunch including Indian and American menu, which puts all of parents at ease as they don't have to worry about their children nutrition.

Doesn't it sound SO familiar? They said they would do the same in Bonaire... empty promises of course. Or is it just more lies? State of the art facilities? Modern medical library? Weren't they supposed to get that in Bonaire? And since they MOVED their bonaire campus to Aruba, doesn't that mean they should have brought all that stuff along with them? Yet they don't even have the basic lab equipment? How long has Xaviers been around? Can we see some pictures of this fully functional cafeteria? Why won't you post anything on valuemd, since you guys apparently seem to market heavily in here, and call administrative meetings based on the content posted here... Oh yes, may I know the address of your 30,000 sq ft campus that is currently being renovated? Since it's in renovation, that means it must actually exist at a specific location, right? I'd like to visit it. Thanks in advance.

LABORATORY AND CADAVER

The laboratories for all required basic medical science courses are held regularly at the campus. The anatomical dissections are performed at the morgue at the Dr.Horacio E.Oduber Hospital. Students are also given exposure to clinical science as they take physical diagmosis class and are exposed to the patient at the hospital.

What's in your laboratories? You barely even have plastic models. Now you're trying to claim that you have cadavers? Nice way of putting it... "anatomical dissections performed at the morgue" = "we have cadavers"
LOL, nice one... do you really think potential students are that gullible?

Xavier has over 100 ACGME clinical rotations; all of which take place in the United States.

That's another laugh.. they went from having about 5 hospitals in the Atlanta area, to "we will get more in Chicago" and "working on Aruba", to 100 clinical rotation sites?

This reeks of desperation.
I also heard that there's an inquiry going on concerning their Teri Loans, and that they may lose that too... but of course, how much does anyone want to bet that the XUSOM Administration will try and deny everything. It's already established that they lie.... has anyone noticed how selective they also are when it comes to answering forum questions?

Don't call another administrative meeting on account of this post! :lol:

p_in_da_wind
10-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Xavier Administration + MD program + Their Promises = FRAUD

Like i mentioned before in the earlier from, Xavier admitted me in the PRE-MEDICAL program when i applied for Basic Science program and they want me to take all the pre-medical classes over again which does not make any sence... I got into 5 other schools (Basic Science Program)...

During the interview, they told me that they ONLY have clinicals in Atlanta... THAT is when i decided i would not go to this school even if they offered FREE education... Because it just did not sound right to me....

They must think that their school is the ONLY school i applied in... Good thing i found all this about Xavier now...

Students: Do your self a favor and go to a different school... This school just sounds like a big SCAM.... Any other school would be a better bet than this school....

options
10-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Xavier Administration + MD program + Their Promises = FRAUD

Like i mentioned before in the earlier from, Xavier admitted me in the PRE-MEDICAL program when i applied for Basic Science program and they want me to take all the pre-medical classes over again which does not make any sence... I got into 5 other schools (Basic Science Program)...

During the interview, they told me that they ONLY have clinicals in Atlanta... THAT is when i decided i would not go to this school even if they offered FREE education... Because it just did not sound right to me....

They must think that their school is the ONLY school i applied in... Good thing i found all this about Xavier now...

Students: Do your self a favor and go to a different school... This school just sounds like a big SCAM.... Any other school would be a better bet than this school....

nice work, now you can go to a well respected school like CAHSU

p_in_da_wind
10-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Well! I am having a hard time deciding if i should go to MUA-Nevis, SMU or CAHSU....

ghostwriter
10-16-2005, 08:05 PM
I can't help but wonder what xavier students think of all this...they're the ones that are really affected by everything. Not everyone can get into the medical school they want and some go to xavier because they don't have many other choices. I hope my commments haven't offended or stressed out any current or prospective xavier students in any way... that was never my intention. It just sucks that even a school with bright students can seem shady sometimes just cuz their administration works a certain way. I really do hope that the school improves and eventually gets WHO recognition, and that the students aren't negatively affected in any way, or in the least way possible. I never hate on fellow students :)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.