PDA

View Full Version : SC students transfering to Xavier

azskeptic
10-10-2005, 10:10 AM
I have been asked by some students why SC students can't transfer to Xavier,owned by the same management of SC (see attached registration). Has the reason behind this been disclosed?

Nebakanezer
10-10-2005, 10:35 AM
I believe it is the other way around. Xavier students not being able to transfer to St. Chris.

azskeptic
10-10-2005, 10:57 AM
I believe it is the other way around. Xavier students not being able to transfer to St. Chris. Heard from SC students that they can't transfer to the President's other school, Xavier.

OLDPRO
10-10-2005, 02:12 PM
Heard from who? Do know of some who wanted to transfer to St. Chris but the school was not WHO listed so it could not happen. Don't know about recently.

azskeptic
10-10-2005, 03:47 PM
I have been asked by some students why SC students can't transfer to Xavier,owned by the same management of SC (see attached registration). Has the reason behind this been disclosed?

I see that St. Chris's moderator has removed the copy of a NJ report showing the ownership of Xavier as being the owner of St. Chris. Normally that would have been discussed in the moderator list first but its ok with me.

maximillian genossa
10-10-2005, 04:24 PM
What I find interesting is how they market themselves as St. Chris, Luton, England when in fact they are not a UK school. Its charter is from Senegal, if I am not wrong. Nothing wrong with being chartered in Senegal, but, why pretent to be something they are really not? Luton is simply a campus, a branch, the diplomas, I asume read Senegal.

OLDPRO
10-10-2005, 04:38 PM
The Diplomas don't say the country. This is no missleading in where the campus is and the official school web site explains about UK and Senegal.

If it is an issue for you don't go to the school, but it's not hidden.
The school is not chartered in the UK. There are 2 other Medical schools one in London and one near London chartered outside of the UK too.

Jabroni
10-10-2005, 04:44 PM
There are 2 other Medical schools one in London and one near London chartered outside of the UK too.

I've heard less than good things about those two med schools to say the least.

bts4202
10-10-2005, 04:51 PM
I believe it is the other way around. Xavier students not being able to transfer to St. Chris.

That is much more likely the case.

azskeptic
10-10-2005, 04:54 PM
That is much more likely the case. It is the common owners decision on if his students can transfer between his 2 schools,eh?

bts4202
10-10-2005, 05:01 PM
It is the common owners decision on if his students can transfer between his 2 schools,eh?

Well, I actually do not listen to gossip and take it as fact, so i can't comment. What i do know is that if any part of what your saying is true.. then it is much more likely that Xaviers students can not transfer to st chris rather than vise versa.

maximillian genossa
10-10-2005, 08:38 PM
The Diplomas don't say the country. This is no missleading in where the campus is and the official school web site explains about UK and Senegal.

If it is an issue for you don't go to the school, but it's not hidden.
The school is not chartered in the UK. There are 2 other Medical schools one in London and one near London chartered outside of the UK too.

I know which medical schools you are talking about, and, at least one I know, states that their diplomas are from St. Lucia. The other two cases I know about were Liberia and Uganda. Oh, and St. Kitts.

Based on my personal experience, all medical diplomas I have seen state the date and place they are issued. If your school does not state this basic information on their diplomas then it just builds up my theory that they must be ashamed of being chartered in Senegal and use Luton as their main marketing scheme. Again, nothing wrong with saying your school is from Senegal.

I do not need to go to the school because I am already done with all that, so I guess I missed the flight from Senegal to Heathrow or Gatwick and the train (or bus)to Luton.

:lolup:

bts4202
10-10-2005, 09:02 PM
I do not need to go to the school because I am already done with all that, so I guess I missed the flight from Senegal to Heathrow or Gatwick and the train (or bus)to Luton.

I don't get it? Maybe you are too smart for me, but was that a joke or something? :|

microphage
10-10-2005, 11:03 PM
I don't get it? Maybe you are too smart for me, but was that a joke or something? :|

no worries, i didn't quite get it either...

OLDPRO
10-11-2005, 03:24 AM
I know which medical schools you are talking about, and, at least one I know, states that their diplomas are from St. Lucia. The other two cases I know about were Liberia and Uganda. Oh, and St. Kitts.

Based on my personal experience, all medical diplomas I have seen state the date and place they are issued. If your school does not state this basic information on their diplomas then it just builds up my theory that they must be ashamed of being chartered in Senegal and use Luton as their main marketing scheme. Again, nothing wrong with saying your school is from Senegal.

So your not posting here to do anything but start trouble? :twisted: Theres a word for that.

TAFKA
10-11-2005, 11:04 AM
edited to remove text

AUCMD2006
10-11-2005, 08:41 PM
a diploma simply states that a degree has been conferred by an institution... you won't find "USA" anywhere on your college or high school diplomas, either.

some do say it in the opening when it states under whose authority the degree is confered by. could someone post a pic of a SC diploma with the name blacked out? if it says nothing, ok maybe they are ashamed of the african charter maybe they are not...if on the other hand, it states in huge letters something along the lines of:

By authority of the Board of Trustees of Saint Christopher's College of Medicine and upon recommendation of the Senate at Luton, United Kingdom/Great Brittain/England....etc.

then if it says the degree is conferred from the luton campus then it is misleading....

many don't say where the degree was issued though, **** is right. who cares in the end if a SC grad is ashamed of the african connection its no different than the ross grad i met who said he went to med school at Ross in New York or the many AUC grads who probably do the same....

microphage
10-11-2005, 10:06 PM
some do say it in the opening when it states under whose authority the degree is confered by. could someone post a pic of a SC diploma with the name blacked out? if it says nothing, ok maybe they are ashamed of the african charter maybe they are not...if on the other hand, it states in huge letters something along the lines of:

By authority of the Board of Trustees of Saint Christopher's College of Medicine and upon recommendation of the Senate at Luton, United Kingdom/Great Brittain/England....etc.

then if it says the degree is conferred from the luton campus then it is misleading....

many don't say where the degree was issued though, **** is right. who cares in the end if a SC grad is ashamed of the african connection its no different than the ross grad i met who said he went to med school at Ross in New York or the many AUC grads who probably do the same....

i went to med school on valuemd

bts4202
10-12-2005, 05:38 PM
i went to med school on valuemd

Hell, i probably spent more time here than in class :?

.... actually, i really shouldn't be admitting that huh? lol

microphage
10-12-2005, 05:40 PM
Hell, i probably spent more time here than in class :?

.... actually, i really shouldn't be admitting that huh? lol

see, i got ya beat... I usually did both at the same time. We had internet in lecture hall 2 so I'd just sit there and be posting away....

bts4202
10-12-2005, 05:47 PM
see, i got ya beat... I usually did both at the same time. We had internet in lecture hall 2 so I'd just sit there and be posting away....
haha, actually, we had wireless internet too, so when I was pretending to listen to a boring lecture, I was actually surfing valuemd and trying not to type so loud that my proff could hear!! HAHA..

microphage
10-22-2005, 09:47 PM
haha, actually, we had wireless internet too, so when I was pretending to listen to a boring lecture, I was actually surfing valuemd and trying not to type so loud that my proff could hear!! HAHA..

too bad I can't do that while on call. that reminds me, I need to do a survery of the percentage of people who like being on call. Any guesses?

studentMD
10-22-2005, 11:19 PM
too bad I can't do that while on call. that reminds me, I need to do a survery of the percentage of people who like being on call. Any guesses?

call sucks.. im on q2 house call for cardiothoracic surgery all next mth.. :-tongue there goes sleeping..

bts4202
10-23-2005, 04:51 PM

I LOVE call..lol.. riiiiight :rolleyes:

teratos
10-23-2005, 07:21 PM
Call is great. Of course, in the twilight of my career, I never leave my bed during call.....

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.