PDA

View Full Version : Did I fail?

babydaddy75
09-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Just finished my step 2 CS, I think I did pretty well on all of the cases except the very first one. I started off thinking I would be better if I typed my notes so I tried this on the first case and unfortunatly I was not all that fast. When the 2 minutes left announcement came I was finishing my physical exam. Then I accidently mouse clicked on the meaningless grey area instead of the first space for my differential and I proceeded to type them all seperated by a tab which normally takes you from one differential blank to another. When I looked up they were all at the bottom of my PE note and by the time I properly higlighted and deleted them time was up. Leaving my differential spaces and my tests ordered sections ALL BLANK!!!!! So basically all due to a mistaken mouse click I ended up having to submit with NOTHING written for my differential or studies. In about 90 seconds and with one little mis-click of the mouse I saw my 1000 dollars down the drain. Or did I? Is it possible to make such a collosal error on the first case and have the rest of my notes balance out such a big omission or is there some sort of minimum that you have to do on each case and bombing one means the whole day is a wash? Does anyone know. The USMLE web page is very non specific on CS grading and I am freaking out. Thanks for your thoughts.

Unregistered
09-19-2005, 04:24 PM
Woohoo 100 views 0 replys. Thanks guys. this forum ROCKS!!!!
P.S. Drinking has become my solution. 6-8 weeks of solid CAGE time!

bts4202
09-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Just finished my step 2 CS, I think I did pretty well on all of the cases except the very first one. I started off thinking I would be better if I typed my notes so I tried this on the first case and unfortunatly I was not all that fast. When the 2 minutes left announcement came I was finishing my physical exam. Then I accidently mouse clicked on the meaningless grey area instead of the first space for my differential and I proceeded to type them all seperated by a tab which normally takes you from one differential blank to another. When I looked up they were all at the bottom of my PE note and by the time I properly higlighted and deleted them time was up. Leaving my differential spaces and my tests ordered sections ALL BLANK!!!!! So basically all due to a mistaken mouse click I ended up having to submit with NOTHING written for my differential or studies. In about 90 seconds and with one little mis-click of the mouse I saw my 1000 dollars down the drain. Or did I? Is it possible to make such a collosal error on the first case and have the rest of my notes balance out such a big omission or is there some sort of minimum that you have to do on each case and bombing one means the whole day is a wash? Does anyone know. The USMLE web page is very non specific on CS grading and I am freaking out. Thanks for your thoughts.

an error like that on only one case should not make you fail. BTW, i got my results after only 4 weeks... so you may know sooner than you expect.

babydaddy75
10-22-2005, 04:46 AM
Well 7 weeks later I can tell you the answer is NO I did not fail. ERAS showed an updated status report yesterday afternoon so when the dog woke me up ths AM I checked OASIS trick again and sure enough it says I passed. So if anyone else hugely botches 1 of the notes like I did then take heart. All is not necessarily lost.:lolup:

anencephalic
10-22-2005, 11:23 AM
Well 7 weeks later I can tell you the answer is NO I did not fail. ERAS showed an updated status report yesterday afternoon so when the dog woke me up ths AM I checked OASIS trick again and sure enough it says I passed. So if anyone else hugely botches 1 of the notes like I did then take heart. All is not necessarily lost.:lolup:

Congrats, and thanks for taking away some of the anxiety!

Aloha,

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.