PDA

View Full Version : London med school IS IUHS? :S

Chemist_11
08-30-2005, 11:43 AM
Hi, if you are enrolled with the london medical school, are you enrolled with IUHS, are they the same place, but LMS is just their UK campus?

thanks.

maximillian genossa
08-30-2005, 03:53 PM
If you graduate from London Medical College, your degree will be granted by IUHS. Same as St. Chris, they have a campus in Luton, but your diploma comes from Senegal, M.C.L. will come from U.S.A.T.(MONTSERRAT), KIGEZI from Uganda, and another one, I think is London College of Medicine , which in fact is COMHS, St. Lucia.

It is an alphabet soup, like the boxing organizations, you don't know who controls what.

The British GMC has already issued an opinion about these "satellite" campuses. Check it out.

Do not let the label mislead you, it is bad marketing.

Avou roir

Max

:microwav:

azskeptic
08-30-2005, 03:59 PM
If you graduate from London Medical College, your degree will be granted by IUHS. Same as St. Chris, they have a campus in Luton, but your diploma comes from Senegal, M.C.L. will come from U.S.A.T.(MONTSERRAT), KIGEZI from Uganda, and another one, I think is London College of Medicine , which in fact is COMHS, St. Lucia.

It is an alphabet soup, like the boxing organizations, you don't know who controls what.

The British GMC has already issued an opinion about these "satellite" campuses. Check it out.

Do not let the label mislead you, it is bad marketing.

Avou roir

Max Like buying a Chrysler from an independent dealer....will the warranty be any good when it is needed? Who knows.......study carefully the risk

:microwav: Like buying a Chrysler from an independent dealer....will the warranty be any good when it is needed? Who knows.......study carefully the risk Kigezi is no more, St. Luke is no more...who is next?

maximillian genossa
08-30-2005, 04:53 PM
St.Luke is in court, so, don't bet on that horse being out of the race yet.

By the way, I don't like Chrysler, I drive a Nissan.

azskeptic
08-30-2005, 04:55 PM
St.Luke is in court, so, don't bet on that horse being out of the race yet. WHo would bet on a horse that has been pulled before in a race?

maximillian genossa
08-30-2005, 05:00 PM
A guy now facing embezzlement charges(Sherriff). Nice rule of law!

But what can I expect from a Google searcher, not researcher.

Ouch!!!!

azskeptic
08-30-2005, 07:17 PM
A guy now facing embezzlement charges(Sherriff). Nice rule of law!

But what can I expect from a Google searcher, not researcher.

Ouch!!!!

The issue is moot anyway, per an email I saw from WHO, ECFMG, and state boards and country boards.

Search or research, it all adds up to a school biting the dust and you are an apologist for the school.

Ming
08-30-2005, 09:23 PM
Hi, if you are enrolled with the london medical school, are you enrolled with IUHS, are they the same place, but LMS is just their UK campus?

thanks.

The London School of Medicine was being run by a previous student of IUHS. He was renting office space to use as a "campus". If I am not mistaken, the arrangement between IUHS and LMC was discontinued more than a year ago. There was a great deal of discontent due to the amount of time that was not being spent with the couple of students enrolled and the amount of money for which the students felt they were paying. There is only one person attached to LMC - he was the administration, the only teacher, etc. However, they may have reinstated their agreement with IUHS.
The British government was ruling against the recognition of this school as they are falling in line with how North Americans are feeling about on-line medical degrees. The degree does come from IUHS which belongs to their distance learning program since the lectures are not originating from live professors.
If you have the ability to visit LMC before making any decision about attendance, I would suggest that course of action. Also, I would not pay for a full term in advance......try a monthly payment plan....just a suggestion

maximillian genossa
08-31-2005, 10:07 AM
Call me an apologist if you wish, it doesn't bother me, you won't change my mind I won't change yours, I just investigate the facts deeper than you can dream about my Google expert friend.

It will not surprise me at all if the school gets its ECFMG listing or WHO listing back. It will not be the first school doing so, but that is not up to you or me to decide.

One thing is undisputed here, beyon our opinions, some West African countires are not good places for business investments. The governments are currupted and the rule of law is questionable.

Max

maximillian genossa
08-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Excellent posting!

azskeptic
08-31-2005, 11:21 AM
Call me an apologist if you wish, it doesn't bother me, you won't change my mind I won't change yours, I just investigate the facts deeper than you can dream about my Google expert friend.

It will not surprise me at all if the school gets its ECFMG listing or WHO listing back. It will not be the first school doing so, but that is not up to you or me to decide.

One thing is undisputed here, beyon our opinions, some West African countires are not good places for business investments. The governments are currupted and the rule of law is questionable.

Max Max, as a science person, never assume what I am doing,eh? You don't know if I am searching or researching and obviously you are assuming that I am just a google person.

West Africa has secured major hits to its integrity due to bad actors indeed.

sarahr
09-01-2005, 05:45 PM
The London School of Medicine was being run by a previous student of IUHS. He was renting office space to use as a "campus". If I am not mistaken, the arrangement between IUHS and LMC was discontinued more than a year ago. There was a great deal of discontent due to the amount of time that was not being spent with the couple of students enrolled and the amount of money for which the students felt they were paying. There is only one person attached to LMC - he was the administration, the only teacher, etc. However, they may have reinstated their agreement with IUHS.
The British government was ruling against the recognition of this school as they are falling in line with how North Americans are feeling about on-line medical degrees. The degree does come from IUHS which belongs to their distance learning program since the lectures are not originating from live professors.
If you have the ability to visit LMC before making any decision about attendance, I would suggest that course of action. Also, I would not pay for a full term in advance......try a monthly payment plan....just a suggestion

That was well written. I was recently told that LMC is running but on their own. I don't think they can be running independently because they would require to be connected to a school that has a charter.

diogenes
09-02-2005, 04:12 PM
I was recently told that LMC is running but on their own. I don't think they can be running independently because they would require to be connected to a school that has a charter.

Assuming that the LMC to which you refer is in fact LCM (londonmedicalschool.org on the web!) they have indeed got a link with a degree-awarding body- COMHS of St. Lucia.

Ming
09-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Assuming that the LMC to which you refer is in fact LCM (londonmedicalschool.org on the web!) they have indeed got a link with a degree-awarding body- COMHS of St. Lucia.

I do think we would need to make certain we are discussing the same school. LMC, LCM......London Medical College, London College of Medicine, neither of these are the London Medical School.....it's a small discrepancy, however, the one to which I am referring was being run by a Dr. S. This school was a rented office in London, with Dr. S being a past student at IUHS, with he being the only person attached in any way to the school. There is no administration, no other profs, no other staff. This school was essentially a franchise of IUHS until they parted ways. As I stated earlier, if you have the opportunity, visit the school before joining as a student. Also, you should speak with the local government. The british government was moving toward no licencing for the school due to its distance learning program.

diogenes
09-03-2005, 03:49 AM
I do think we would need to make certain we are discussing the same school. LMC, LCM......London Medical College, London College of Medicine, neither of these are the London Medical School....... , the one to which I am referring was being run by a Dr. S. ..... As I stated earlier, if you have the opportunity, visit the school before joining as a student..... The british government was moving toward no licencing for the school due to its distance learning program.

I agree we need to get the name right, which is why I posted that mail.
Ming's Dr. S. has been running a skeleton operation for some time- it is LCM (but, confusingly, the web address is londonmedicalschool.org). I believe he has only ever hosted LCM. It was hooked up with IUHS until an acrimonious divorce in November 2004; it is now offering degrees from St. Lucia.
Perhaps it is the multiplicity of similar names which leads Ming to say that its licence was to be withdrawn. I am not aware of any publicly stated move by the GMC in that direction. At least 2 U.K. schools, including LCM, are offering distance courses and are listed by the GMC as PLAB acceptable. The listings are valid only to Sept. 2005 because the territorial govt. has only granted provisional licensure to that date.
I do agree with Ming that anyone interested should thoroughly check out LCM. It has a particularly bad reputation for inflated claims and poor delivery. If anyone wants to know more about LCM in its IUHS days, PM me.

maximillian genossa
09-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Like I said before, this alphabet soup is worse than boxing organizations! It only creates confusion.

One thing is true, Ming is absolutely correct, the LCM is indeed ran from a small office with no administration or whatsoever, it is ran by a one man gang in London that now does business with COMHS St.Lucia.

I know someone who visited the so called campus and came back so dissapointed he went into an NP Doctor program.

Carmen
09-04-2005, 04:16 PM
It is unfortunate that Dr. S is still allowed to continue with LCM activities. Apparently he received money from the students and then did not offer them any type of teaching.

IUHS aligned with the LCM and Dr. Sidhu without researching the school. All that mattered was the $$.

Ming
09-04-2005, 08:24 PM
It is unfortunate that Dr. S is still allowed to continue with LCM activities. Apparently he received money from the students and then did not offer them any type of teaching.

IUHS aligned with the LCM and Dr. Sidhu without researching the school. All that mattered was the $$.

You are correct. It is unfortunate that he is still allowed to continue with any teaching program. I would consider what he is running is akin to a franchise operation. If he is now aligned with another school, I wonder what curriculum his students are following.

maximillian genossa
09-07-2005, 11:24 AM
You are right, the only catch here is I am basing my assumptions in observation, and what I observe is you just post stuff you find all over the place without researching any further or bothering to find out BOTH sides of the story. You seem to just post one side plus your opinion and that is irresponsible from you as a reporting source.

Don't take it personal, but the day I see from you a posting that brings on the table BOTH sides of a story I will definitely consider you an objective person, until then you are practicing one-side-story reporting.

If you want to keep arguing, PM me, I will be more than glad to reply. I don't want to hijack this forum on this issue.

azskeptic
09-07-2005, 11:29 AM
You are right, the only catch here is I am basing my assumptions in observation, and what I observe is you just post stuff you find all over the place without researching any further or bothering to find out BOTH sides of the story. You seem to just post one side plus your opinion and that is irresponsible from you as a reporting source.

Don't take it personal, but the day I see from you a posting that brings on the table BOTH sides of a story I will definitely consider you an objective person, until then you are practicing one-side-story reporting.

If you want to keep arguing, PM me, I will be more than glad to reply. I don't want to hijack this forum on this issue. I post what I find and rarely post my opinion unless I have one. That you don't like what is said would require you to find an article or journal to refute it.

maximillian genossa
09-07-2005, 11:31 AM
You are amusing, I just told you, PM me if you want to keep arguing this.

Chemist_11
09-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Lol, thats one way to build posts up :D

Chemist_11
09-10-2005, 05:20 PM
....... By arguing on my thread!!!!! :D

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.