yogurt
Tuna in foil packs
microwave popcorn
home permanents and hair dyes
what snack foods?

Lmoliver

sums
08-06-2005, 03:02 PM
hey.....from wat ive heard, there are mini marts there and im sure u cud get the food there.. as for the hair dyes.. uh... just buy like a few boxes from ur home town and bring them with u...incase u know.. ciao :)

lmoliver
08-08-2005, 05:16 PM
sums, I'm sure you meant well, but you sure didn't give me any information I didn't already know. Thanks anyway.

lmoliver

GoodFella
08-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Are the following available in Aruba?

yogurt
Tuna in foil packs
microwave popcorn
home permanents and hair dyes
what snack foods?

Lmoliver

Yes, yougurt, all different types, yoplait, gogurt, dannon, all american brands in different flavors, check out ling and sons. We bought some light and fit dannon in the personal packs. Plus normal plain yougurt in the bigger containers.

You mean the star kist tuna in the flavor fresh packs instead of the can? Yes, they have that, in all the different flavors that the flavor fresh packets come in as well, like lemon and smoked tuna, etc.

Microwave popcorn, yes Orville Redabucher's I saw, and we bought it too, all different types.

Home perm kits and hair dyes, yes, just like America, Loreal, John Frieda, try the drug stores (many of them owned by Chinese people.) They will have that, I saw them, plus all skin care products Oil Of Olay, Neutrogena, Noxema, all reasonably priced. Soaps for guys and girls body washes, toothpaste. Oh bring a loofa if you use it, I couldn't find one. All types of makeup and nail care products. Take it from me, Im a guy but only Pantene Pro V touches my hair and Estee Lauder skin care lotions and soaps for my skin, I hunted the stuff down. Now if you need the good stuff like Estee Lauder, go to one of the high end stores in down town or the malls, trust me, take it from some one who has been there, if you need it you can find it.

When it comes to snack foods go to Ling and Sons IGA, you name it they have it. To much stuff to name. Hope this helps. Post again if you have anymore questions.

-GoodFella

p.s. also, there are tons of salons and spas in Aruba,so they can help you with your haircare needs.

lmoliver
08-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Thank you so much. I won't waste my luggage space bringing it down there. What are you guys bringing along that you can't get down there? I understand some snacks are hard to get, like Oreos. But I don't eat that kind of things much. A student from Ross told me that most of the students bring back meat, yes, meat. She said it had to be Grade A. Know anything about that?

Lmoliver

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.