PDA

View Full Version : I passed!My step 3 experience!

jar jar binks
08-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Dear friends,I passed my step 3 with a score of 77/189.Not a great score but I knew beforehand(after the exam) that I would pass,but was not sure about my score.I put in a month of preparation.I did kaplan exclusively and did my studying from the notes and Q book.I did the online Qbank and scored 62% overall.I got 77% on the USMLE cd.Since you need to score between 60 and 70% items correctly to pass the USMLE,I knew that I would pass with a Qbank score of 62%.
Overall,in my opinion,step 3 should not be a scary experience.The exam preparation(if sufficient time is available)should focus on theory(the more common clinical conditions)as well as the mcqs.The test itself is like an endurance race and tests your focus and determination.The CCS cases were not at all weird.They were common clinical conditions.Overall,it is my estimate that three-four months is a good time period for step 3.Since I have passed,there will be no more USMLEs and far less tension!That in itself is a rewarding thought!I hope to land a residency this year hopefully.Wish me luck and Godspeed guys!All the best!

MDXRS22
08-02-2005, 12:56 PM
All the best wishes:)
Thanks for posting!

Unregistered
08-10-2005, 02:11 PM
guide me for step 3 , i have ecfmg certificate, didn,t match so, wan,t to finish step3.
indu

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.