PDA

View Full Version : Warsaw Medical Academy=University of Warsaw??

Rand79
07-18-2005, 03:03 PM
From the school's website:
"Warsaw Medical Academy took over some buildings formerly belonging to the University of Warsaw and the Infant Jesus Hospital with a complex of teaching hospitals situated in Lindleya St. The building in Filtrowa St. housed the Rector’s Office, the Deans’ Offices and Administration."

So is there even an official affiliation with the University of Warsaw? I have been under the impression the Medical Academy was just a department within UofW.

Thanks

opuscule
07-18-2005, 11:36 PM
During communist years, faculties of medicine at Polish universities were split off into separate, independent institutions. I've been told that the state wanted to separate the education of socially useful professionals (ie. doctors) from more humanitarian pursuits (which tended to bring the government more trouble then benefit). At Jag, the faculty of medicine was only recently reintegrated into the University, and still has a very independent feel to it. Although I don't know the specific history of the University of Warsaw, it seems that the University and the Medical academy have not been officially re-formed into a single institution, and thus remain separate. This might not answer your question as to the degree of affiliation, but hopefully it at least provides some useful background info.

M&Ms
07-26-2005, 03:10 PM
I think "Opuscule" is right.
From what I understand the faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy where part of the University of Warsaw before WWII, after the war (1950) the Medical Academy of Warsaw was founded as independent institute (this was the case for all Polish Medical Faculties), and in the case of Warsaw it still a independent from the University of Warsaw.

Check their homepage, the first part contains some history about the place...thats where I got my info.

http://www.amwaw.edu.pl

UMP
08-26-2005, 01:34 AM
they are two different schools, make sure to mark that on your loan applications, etc... (I made that mistake initially )

jasonalangraves
09-03-2005, 05:12 AM
Hello!

I'm just responding to some of the messages I saw regardign the Medical University of Warsaw. I'm a second year student, and if anybody has any questions, please feel free to ask.

The Medical University of Warsaw does not have any affiliation with the University of Warsaw.

It's an excellent school. Of course, some of the facilities and buildings are not the modernest, but, they do make the most of what they have. The staff is excellent, the curriculum is absolutely demanding, and I highly recommend people interested in medical school to apply, but don't think your education will be easy. It's a major commitment, and you really must study, probably more than you ever have, or will, in your life!

Wheel of Life
01-23-2010, 12:35 AM
The University or Warsaw is not recognise by Board of california is it right? So If any university which are not recognise by board of California, what shall we need to do to work and gain residency in the US? Does passing USMLE suffice?

Is the 4 year MD highly competitive? What is the rate of acceptance for 4 year MD? For example: out for 50 apply, about 10 got accepted?

Do they require any interview/test for the 4 year MD?

Is the 6 years MD highly competitive too?

Wheel of Life
01-23-2010, 12:46 AM
The University or Warsaw is not recognise by Board of california is it right? So If any university which are not recognise by board of California, what shall we need to do to work and gain residency in the US? Does passing USMLE suffice?

Is the 4 year MD highly competitive? What is the rate of acceptance for 4 year MD? For example: out for 50 apply, about 10 got accepted?

Do they require any interview/test for the 4 year MD?

Is the 6 years MD highly competitive too?

Alex Stewart
01-25-2014, 06:48 PM
Hello! i just want to ask about entrance examination,they include biology,chemistry,and physics right?and for preparation which books will be useful or enough? which kind of guestions they are gonna ask? is it that much hard? could u help me with that?

Alex Stewart
01-26-2014, 07:45 AM
I'm trying to get ready for this entrance exam for medical university of warsaw,which books could u recommend to me for biology,chemistry and physics??and which kind of guestions they are gonna ask? is it that much hard?and if somebody took that exam before,if u will share ur experience i will be so thankfull,i really need it

TRD2000
10-26-2018, 03:52 AM
Hi ,

I am studying A level - IGCSE cambridge board at Nairobi, Kenya with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths . I want to pursue career in medical or dentistry . does the university have medical/ dentistry courses in english language .

Also kindly inform me if I have to learn polish language while studying medical . I came to know that it is mandatory to learn and give exams for polish language also.

Thanking you in advance .

TRD2000
10-30-2018, 04:03 AM
Hi ,
I am studying A level - IGCSE cambridge board at Nairobi, Kenya with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths . I want to pursue career in medical or dentistry . does the university have medical/ dentistry courses in english language .

Also kindly inform me if I have to learn polish language while studying medical . I came to know that it is mandatory to learn and give exams for polish language also.

Thanking you in advance .

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.