PDA

View Full Version : computer got stuck.

Asclepius1
06-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Hi,
On the 2nd day of my step3, my computer broke down and got stuck up during the last five minutes final box session in a CCS case. I could not type in the diagnosis and the extra orders. The staff came in and had to restart the computer.But it started right from the next case and it didn't let me in and go to the spot where I actually stopped. The staff said he reported the problem electronically. I am wondering if any one had similar problem or have an idea of what to do and can help me out in this regard.Do any one know if it has to be reported either through email or phone to FSMB and what could be the outcome if any.

thanks in advance for ur valuable suggestions.
anconeus.

Unregistered
12-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Hi
I also had similar problem in my step 3 exam.Did you contact FSMB ,If you know more details about dealing this problem please let me know.
Thank you.

Unregistered
12-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Hi
I also had similar problem in my step 3 exam.Did you contact FSMB ,If you know more details about dealing this problem please let me know.
Thank you.

Unregistered
01-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Hi
Thank you.

Hi
I had a similar problem.I took the exam in Dec 2005. NBME wrote me and told me that the ccs portion was considered incomplete and offered me 2 options:
1. to repeat the ccs portion of the test as i am still within the eligibility period
and they'll take the score from the multiple choice previously done and the retake of the ccs if i decide to do that or
2 leave it as is , they'll deduct the marks for the 1 cunfinished case due to technical difficulties, they'll score the other 8 and give me a final score.
I'M NOT SURE which option to choose.

voodooMD
01-13-2006, 07:45 AM
That definitely sucks that the computer's problem has become your problem but there is a very big "up side" to this occurence. You just got the oppurtunity to take some of the real test and then go home and study some more with those questions and things still in your head and thennnnn come back and take the test again. It really sucks to have to retake these kinds of tests but you could turn this to your advantage for sure.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.