PDA

View Full Version : Step 3 experience

Asclepius1
04-25-2005, 10:14 PM
I just received my Step 3 results and got 93. It was pretty surprising since I just wanted to pass. Before the exam, I studied for 11/2 months about 5-6 hours a day and and only reviewed Kaplan Step 2&3 notes, especially IM and Peds. No Swanson, no ethics reviews, no Firts Aid or any other books. For all of you who have not taken the exam yet, do a lot of questions and review the feedback. It is the most useful thing to do. I used the Kaplan Qbank and Qbook but it sounds as UW Qbank is pretty good too. About CS cases, not a big deal, just think simple, have lots of common sense and master the software.
GL

Asclepius1
05-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Can i email you/i need some guidence regarding step 3.i have already kaplan notes .

Asclepius1
05-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Can i email you/i need some guidence regarding step 3.i have already kaplan notes .

My email address is
[email protected]

Asclepius1
05-16-2005, 03:35 PM
how well were you doing on k qbank?

Asclepius1
06-06-2005, 08:08 PM
hi , I also need help for adivce for step 3.
thanks

Asclepius1
06-06-2005, 08:32 PM
congrats.. did you find the questions particularly long? Obvious answers? Not so obvious? Very "not so obvious" Did you get a lot of peds and ob? Must be psyched... no more usmle!

Unregistered
08-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Congratulations!
It is such an admired achievement I even dare not to dream.
As a successful step 3 conquerer, could you give any thoughts about how to improve reading speed while learning step 3 knowledge ( don't have to do special general English reading course)? I am a step 3 taker for 2 years and repeatedly failed. However I don't think I am a poor learner at all---I had wonderful Toeful score, GRE score >1250 (V + M), step 1 & 2 both above 80s (1st try & 2nd try) and finished residency with very good standing (residency in service tests high above average).
For the step 3 I have studied Kaplan Q book/Q bank,USMLEWORLD, crush step3 and step 3 Practice question. For step 1 I had 5 min left. For step 2 I barely finished. But for step 3 I left 4-5 Qs in each block, just have no way to do it!
Appreciate in advance for suggestions.

Unregistered
08-27-2005, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=Unregistered]Congratulations!
You need to study in a diff. way.
Study notes as Kaplan course step 2 and step 3 notes.
Do one of the courses 10 days live prep or something like that. Then take time to read the notes and do your self questions as if you were in morning rounds

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.