livvydoc
05-31-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey is there anyone starting Xavier in Sept '05 :?:

sums
06-01-2005, 12:20 AM
me!! :D

duttycup82
06-05-2005, 01:51 PM
i will be starting at the new aruba campus! is there anyone else here that will be going there?

sums
06-07-2005, 11:50 AM
i'll be there too! u in pre med or med?

duttycup82
06-07-2005, 10:57 PM
first year med

mongo18
06-08-2005, 05:34 PM
What were deciding factors that made you decide to go to Xavier as opposed to other med schools?

Mongo

Tiger-Maikku
06-16-2005, 04:25 AM
Hello all,
I will be attending Aruba in 09/05. Anyone familiar w/ area on the island the school is located, I am trying to find an Apt.

G-Doc
06-16-2005, 05:43 AM
I am hoping to be there in Aruba in Sept. Anyone know the forcast for the size of the in-coming class

lmoliver
06-16-2005, 07:24 PM
I just applied the other day. I appear to have all the qualifications, so I'll just wait to see what happens. I still have all my transcripts and letters to go in.

Have you all applied and been accepted? Have you applied for financial aid?

what is the difference between Aruba campus and Bonnaire campus?

Linda

sums
06-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Hey all.. im also startin pre med in sept 05.. ive been speakin to some of the admin there and rumor has it that the bonnaire campus will actually be moving to the aruba campus, i asked my counsellor and he said its best that i head to Aruba... theres a lot more there than in Bonaire....hm.. :?

frankenstone
06-16-2005, 11:18 PM
That seems to be the big question and nobody of importance has come out and said anything. Tommorrow I am gonna dig for as much nfo as I can about the condition of the Aruba Campus. And if they are really moving the Bonaire campus to Aruba. They need to make a decision and stick with it. That is the best move to move to Aruba but the need to announce it sooner than later.

I will get some answers tommorrow and post in a new thread for everyone.

Frankenstone

G-Doc
06-17-2005, 12:25 PM
I just rec'd my acceptance letter yesterday, will be starting MS-I, I am bouncing off the walls :D

duttycup82
06-18-2005, 08:55 AM
congratulations g-doc!!!

i know that you cant wait to get there! i know i cant!

frankenstone
06-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Great!! I guess you will be attending the Aruba Campus.

So far as Bonaire moving to Aruba..... The rumors are all over campus that the Bonaire Campus will move to Aruba. Which is good because like I said in my earlier posts, the immigration on this island wants too many things to get registered. The other Antillian island are A LOT easier to deal with and they are supposed to be under the same government. I can tell you that the immigration on this island makes it their joy in life to make it very difficult for foreigners to live on the island. They like it that way. I have seen them make people cry, insult teachers wives, etc.

There is nothing from any official authorites yet but students are telling me that there parents have called and they are being told that. But there should be something official in the next week or so if it will happen.... stay tuned...

Frankenstone

G-Doc
06-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Thanx u all for the congrats,
no I can't wait to get there! good things happen over time, great things happen all at once...well this is such an occasion. Everything is happening so fast, I am trying to sell my car, house, furniture, etc.

Bree
06-19-2005, 11:10 AM
I have applied, and had my interview. Now I am playing the waiting game to see if I get accepted. I'm searching about for Financial aid, just in case. Any suggestions? E-mail me privately if you wish...anyone with help and suggesstions @ [email protected] Any older students apllying or been accepted? Anyone with families?

Bree

I just applied the other day. I appear to have all the qualifications, so I'll just wait to see what happens. I still have all my transcripts and letters to go in.

Have you all applied and been accepted? Have you applied for financial aid?

what is the difference between Aruba campus and Bonnaire campus?

Linda

Bree
06-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Congratulations!!! I know you must be extremely excited. Best of luck to you.

Bree

I just rec'd my acceptance letter yesterday, will be starting MS-I, I am bouncing off the walls :D

xodus
06-23-2005, 06:25 PM
I just got accepted for sept and was wondering does anyone know how the apts. are over there. Has anyone spoke with anybody abt it, or is anyone looking for roommates.

G-Doc
06-25-2005, 08:39 AM
I spoke w/ someone from Adm. Apparently somewhere near the end of June/beg of July an e-mail will be sent to the entering class with info regarding immigration, housing, & travel. I had been trying to get info from DINA regarding immigration info & rec'd several different #'s & P.o.C's everytime I called.

"Congratulations!!! I know you must be extremely excited. Best of luck to you." Thanx Bree, Same to u, Hope to c u on the isle!

Someone asked about older students???
I am a 34y/o M, From Florida,married-0 kids
Maj: B.S. Biochemistry-University of Tampa
Grad: MBA-Univ. of Phoenix
Been working as a chemist for 5 yrs in the Pharmaceutical industry

Anyone entering Sept '05 play racquetball or have read "The House of God"??

livvydoc
06-25-2005, 11:20 PM
There's another med school on the island and I was looking at the pictures they have on their website of the apartments that their students rent and they look really nice. Hopefully the apartments that we are able to rent are of similiar quality and not run down or anything. I doubt that there are any run down buildings on the island, however, given the high standard of living that exists there. Both schools are located in the capital so I just looked at their slideshow and pictures of the island to get some overview of what it's like over there.

Jmalu
06-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Im hoping to get in for th e Sept 5th sem.

JLea
07-05-2005, 07:25 PM
I will be seeing y'all in September. I got my acceptance letter too. I am in! :D

frankenstone
07-06-2005, 12:26 AM
Great for all of you. Im sorry I won't be seeing you guys in Aruba. Off to Atlanta. I'll let you know how 5th Semester is.

Frankenstone

sums
07-06-2005, 11:35 PM
well gluck frankenstone! we'll keep u updated with our crazy stories from aruba! :D right guys???

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.