PDA

View Full Version : Recent concerns

Doc
06-25-2003, 10:26 PM
Attention Users:

It's come to our attention, by various users and Moderators, that ValueMD has recently been the host of less-than-desirable posts. ValueMD was, in part, intended to be an upgrade to our old Network54 forums. Some of those old forums were censored and some were not moderated at all. We would like to avoid either of those two extremes here. This is why so many Moderators have come together to help create a universal set of guidelines to help maintain clean and professional forums without the use of censorship. For example, all posts are recorded, a panel of Moderators must agree upon certain disciplinary actions, Site Administrators monitor all activity, etc.

I find it hard to believe that future physicians would even need to be warned about this immature behavior?? But just to remind the users, despite recent posts, personal attacks, vulgar language, racial and religious slurs, spam, etc. are not permitted on this site and will NOT be tolerated. This is a place for respectful conversation, and even friendly debates (both positive and negative aspects), regarding medical education and other related topics. If you would like to discuss something not related to these topics, feel free to use the Relaxing Lounge. But please try to be civil....we're all professionals after all :roll: .

I know that only a very small minority of users have participated in these recent discussions. But rather than address each one individually, I thought it would be more efficient to address the entire ValueMD community. However, if this doesn't apply to you specifically (overwhelming majority of users), please disregard this post. For those that it does apply, keep in mind that the Moderators have been extremely lenient in order to continue to uphold free speech, but please try not to take advantage of this by using your free speech to offend others :twisted: . Please continue to help us make ValueMD the best source for medical educational information for the benefit of all users.

As always, we thank you for using ValueMD and we hope that you're enjoying the site.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.