PDA

View Full Version : Rent near Sackler ?

OUmedical
03-17-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm searching for info about Sackler.

If I end up there I would be there with my wife and two young children.

Anyone know the average rates for living there? (rent, utils., etc.)

I've had difficulty finding it clearly on a map, but I believe it's right next to Tel Aviv in the city of Ramat Aviv, Israel.

Anyone have any pics of the city or any useful info ?

Average scores for those accepted (mcat, gpa) ?

Thank you,
Johnny

punchberry
10-14-2005, 05:35 AM
Anyone know the average rates for living there? (rent, utils., etc.)

Most students live with one or more roommates and pay between $300 and $450 per month in rent. Because you have a wife and two kids, you will probably rent a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment. Within walking distance of the school, this is is going to cost between $700 and $1200. Keep in mind that the school is located in one of the most expensive areas in Israel, and that you can get cheaper housing as you move further away. Israel has an extensive public transportation system, or you can get a car here. I would probably add about $100 /month for utilities, although this is an estimate. You can get a discount on taxes for being a student. Food, textbooks, restaurants, transportation are all a LOT cheaper than in the states.

If you want to look at some examples of specific apartments, check out www.homeless.co.il and www.walla.co.il. Keep in mind that the convention in Israel is to count the living room + bedrooms, so a "3 room apartment" is a 2 bedroom apartment.

I've had difficulty finding it clearly on a map, but I believe it's right next to Tel Aviv in the city of Ramat Aviv, Israel.

Ramat Aviv is a neighborhood of Tel Aviv, not a separate city. It has a very suburban feel. Many upper year students and some first year live downtown instead.

SMUGrinch
11-03-2005, 07:40 PM
wow, what a rapid responce.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.