PDA

View Full Version : Interview for Irish Medical School

zeeyo987
02-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Hi. My name is shan, I havent posted for a while. I have an interview tommorow for the Royal College of Surgeons and wanted to know some tips or pointers to keep in mind. I already got the names of the guys doing the interviews and know to wear a suit and such. I also looked at the schools website. Could someone please give me some information to what else I should know and prepare for, and some current medical news as well in case they ask for anything of this nature.

thanks

Donno70
02-12-2005, 01:27 AM
All I can say is be relaxed and BE YOU! Have your answers for the standards: Why and when did you decide to be a doc? why here? Why should we pick you? Additionally, know your strengths. And finally, be prepared to explain/account for your weaknesses, if you have any (ha ha). From my experience, they try to capitalize on this and see how you maintain composure when the subject comes up.

As far as relevant Irish medical news? Do some research...quickly! Nice school. Sounds like a great opportunity. Good luck.

DM

Stewie
02-14-2005, 12:36 PM
Some of the recurring types of questions that I see are:

-How will you be able to pay their tuition?

-What can you contribute to their school?

-If you are a FMG, do you realize what you have to go through in order to get licenced back home?

I've also read that most people that are interviewed, get accepted.

For more information, check out:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/

Go to the Europe forum and you will find lots of info.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.