PDA

View Full Version : Info about 6 years M.D at SC

hydprince4u
02-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Hi everone out there.
My name is Mir and I am interested in persuing a career in M.D, currently I am a high School Junior in the States in Florida, with a G.P.A of 3.3 and havent taken the SAT exam till now.

I just want to know that if any one of you got accepted into 6 years M.D, what was you G.P.A and what was the S.A.T scores and how many high school credits you have had.

Is it worth applying to SC? I AM A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT, what should be my requrements? plz reply

I am little confused when you guyz talk about the premed and 6 years M.D. Is it necessary to have 90 credits for applying to 6 years M.D?? I know the requirements but you all are mixing up 6 years M.D and premed.

So if anyone is kind enough to mail me the details, I would really appreciate it. If you dont want to post your details like G.P.A and SAT scores, you please email me the info at [email protected]

Thank you in advance
please help me out.

drzed
02-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Hi everone out there.
My name is Mir and I am interested in persuing a career in M.D, currently I am a high School Junior in the States in Florida, with a G.P.A of 3.3 and havent taken the SAT exam till now.

I am little confused when you guyz talk about the premed and 6 years M.D. Is it necessary to have 90 credits for applying to 6 years M.D?? I know the requirements but you all are mixing up 6 years M.D and premed.

Thank you in advance
please help me out.

The 6 year med program, here at St. Chris, consists of 2 years of PRE-medical studies, followed by 4 years of Basic Sciences (the last two of which are completed in hospitals - "Clinical Rotations").

I think most here would advise you to try to complete your undergrad in the USA with the hopes of gaining admissiong into a US MED or DO school. Going to a 'foreign' school is considered a second (or third) chance for most of us here.

Either way, goodluck with your pursuits.

bts4202
02-02-2005, 05:33 PM
I agree with drzed, try to go to a US school and get a bachelors first. There is always hope to get into a US medical school and you should try for that if it is possible. Save st chris as a last resort.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.