PDA

View Full Version : All Saints University of Medicine (ASUM,

azskeptic
01-29-2005, 10:47 PM
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/1/prweb196134.htm

All Press Releases for January 12, 2005
All Saints University of Medicine (ASUM, Aruba)
ASUM, Aruba is an accredited medical school committed to providing quality medical education at an affordable tuition.

(PRWEB) January 12, 2005 -- All Saints University of Medicine (ASUM, Aruba) surfaces as the brainchild of eminent Doctoral Professors possessing more than fifteen (15) years of experience in the International and Central American/Caribbean medical education system backed by expertise from Administrators of global repute.

Established in 2002 as a medical school consultancy, we have been providing prospective medical students information and admission services to medical schools in the Caribbean ever since. Our services proved to be vital to the growth of some Caribbean medical schools, by enriching and expanding student population. Through our organization, hundreds of students have gained admission to medical schools in the Caribbean and United Kingdom. In January of 2004, MEERC was incorporated and MCAT/premedical/USMLE tutorials were conducted. Experienced and qualified staff and faculty have served to ensure a 100% success rate of students entering Basic Science Programs at universities of their choice, and successful completion of the MCAT and USMLE. Our students have come from varied backgrounds and ethnicities (Canadian and US Citizens, Trinidadians, Jamaicans, South Americans, Indians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans, Nigerians, Koreans, Zambians, Fijians, etc. to name a few!).

True to its goal of expansion and success, in late 2004, MEERC has now established its own medical School - All Saints University of Medicine, chartered by the Government of the Island Republic of Aruba. ASUM will provide highly qualified, compassionate and efficient medical doctors with strong ethical backgrounds.

ASUM is ECFMG/FAIMER recognized, and also accredited by both the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education in Aruba. ASUM is listed in the IMED, due to its recognition by the respective agencies in Aruba. Students will be eligible to sit for the exams required for licensure in the United States and Canada. USMLE styled testing familiarizes students with the board examinations.

Silenthunder
02-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Being from Toronto, it was a fairly large surprise that a new medical school
campus had been opened there.

something smells fishy to me: how can a school in aruba operate
a satellite campus in Toronto?

While other caribbean schools have done it (held preclinical classes outside of the country they are based from), it seems to me like
AUSM is saying you can do the bulk of your basic sciences in Toronto.

The pictures of the Toronto campus seem a bit less than posh -

I wonder if anyone has used them for USMLE of MCCEE prep?

Cheers,

Silenthunder

Siddman
02-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Being from Toronto, it was a fairly large surprise that a new medical school
campus had been opened there.

something smells fishy to me: how can a school in aruba operate
a satellite campus in Toronto?

While other caribbean schools have done it (held preclinical classes outside of the country they are based from), it seems to me like
AUSM is saying you can do the bulk of your basic sciences in Toronto.

The pictures of the Toronto campus seem a bit less than posh -

I wonder if anyone has used them for USMLE of MCCEE prep?

Cheers,

Silenthunder

Hey Silenthunder,

I have personally seen the place where they carry out their MEERC activity..its merely a 3 to 4 room industrial unit operated by two owners.....where they offer pre-med courses, USMLE preparation courses and Canaidan exam preparation...and these couses are taught by Canadian doctors. The time i visited them in july ...they were in process of opening Xavier. I guess All Saints University of Medicine is also opened by them. To be honest they are just business men that were with St. James a while back and decided to open Xavier. I haven't gone back to the MEERC place again...so dont really know if they are offering basic science courses there.....but as per Canadian law its illegal to operate a medical school or any of its counterparts.....soo i am pretty sure they are just offering pre-med courses.......or courses that student need to get into Xavier or All Saints University of Medicine.....if i am wrong can anyone correct me .......

Hope this helps,

Siddman

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faith it seems, is not without a touch of irony

jcmauth
02-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Born2BFree is the son of the guy who runs All Saints.

He writes in a previous post:

"Chances are you won't have to be working in a factory and living at home with your parents with your valueless MD"

( http://www.valuemd.com/valuemd-146110.html&highlight=#146110 )

this is a rather ironic statement he is making. Perhaps he is referring to himself!

He went to St James, finished the basic science program in August of 2003 and to this day has not even passed USMLE Step 1, and is. . you guessed it. . .living at home with his parents.

And even if people are working in factories, at least they are doing HONEST work.

Not going around lying to young gullible Sri Lankan kids and their parents, to recruit them to go to St James or now All Saints.

It is better to work in a factory and earn an honest dollar then to be a criminal like -----!!!!

Edited by mod for personal names

stephew
02-15-2005, 09:53 PM
insults and flamming as you well know will NOT be tolerated. The admin is reviewing this thread.

Born2BFree
02-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Born2BFree is the son of the guy who runs All Saints.

He writes in a previous post:

"Chances are you won't have to be working in a factory and living at home with your parents with your valueless MD"

( http://www.valuemd.com/valuemd-146110.html&highlight=#146110 )

Edited by mod for personal names

I shall restate this for the LAST TIME, you have me mistaken for the wrong person. And how you came to something like that is beyond me.

To all other viewers of this forum - due to his misguided and rather desperate sounding attempt to discredit me, jcmauth has inadvertently only succeeded in revealing his own true identity.

After receiving a rather rude and abrasive PM from jumauth yesterday, berating me for defending ASUM and accusing me of being this other person, I got curious and made a few calls and it is startling clear what is transpiring.

Jcmauth is none other than an ex-employee of ASUM, who was fired recently due to several factors - sexual harassment of female students, with-holding personal background/past information, and general incompetence. He was also giving out exam information to select students. A couple of students along with their parents came forward concerning the sexual misconduct.

This person also owns and maintains a website called caribbeanmedicine.com and he is an extremely bitter invidual, whose motives are all the more clear now, as upon being fired, he publicly announced that he would launch a "smear campaign" against ASUM whatever it would take, so I guess none of this is surprising.
Judging from his posts, it appears that this was to be his final climax.

He was a graduate of Saba, and yet was unable to obtain a residency, which is a disgrace to a reputed school like Saba. It was later revealed that, having no other options or alternatives, he was working at a factory or something prior to being employed by ASUM, and lived/lives with his parents. It certainly explains his post above and his need to point out that factory work is HONEST work, which has absolutely no relevance to the thread at hand. Seems rather defensive. I simply stated my comment in humour, but it seems to have struck a chord with him.

It is puzzling that so many of his peers take him to be an expert on matters in relation to going through the Caribbean Medical school system, when he himself was unsuccessful in the attempt, being still unable to gain a residency anywhere due to his own past mistakes or incompetence. I suppose his source of income is supplemented by sales made from his e-books, and what is really ironic is that he has to come to a forum on ValueMD, which gives out this information for free,
in order to make a point. Secondly, as someone who has been exposed as a sexual harasser, it is no wonder that he hasn't gone anywhere in life.

=====================================
Edited by Mod. Owner of website asked to have any personally identifying information removed. Therefore the web address has been blocked.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.