PDA

View Full Version : science classes at a junior college

Daeguboy
01-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Im a 5th yr at ucdavis in northern california and im graduating in june. I plan to move back home and take bio, chem, ochem and physics at a junior college. Does this sound good? or should i stay at ucdavis and take those courses there?? :?

Daeguboy
01-20-2005, 10:09 PM
st christophers sounds absolutely awesome. My plan is to start in jan 07. :D

Picard
01-21-2005, 12:21 AM
Be aware that graduates from SC are not currently eligible for California licensure -- in case a California license is important to you as you appear to be from California. There is no loophole for this California law. The ineligbility is absolute, regardless of future board certification after residency.

BTW, if you can, stay at UC Davis for the pre-med courses. With a four-year degree, you will be charge outrageous amount of "per-unit" fee at a community college for undergraduate courses.

P

Daeguboy
01-21-2005, 01:44 AM
yea, i called sc's new jersey office and they told me that. Im fine with it as long as i get to practice somewhere. :D

bts4202
01-21-2005, 10:30 AM
Before going offshore at all, just be sure that you have exhausted all chances to attend a US allo school.

If so, and you do not want to be licensed in Cali, and you still want to go.. the Comm College credits are acceptable. But like Picard said, out of state tuition sucks, I would stay where you would get the cheapest tuition.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.