PDA

View Full Version : previous loans

domarask
01-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Since St. Chris does not have DOE code, previous federal loans and other loans may not be deferred while at St.Chris, however, I would like to know what students with previous loans are currently doing? forbearance, hardships? etc. Thanks.

bts4202
01-11-2005, 07:22 AM
I know some people with loans who are using hardship to defer them.

neilc
01-11-2005, 10:48 AM
I know some people with loans who are using hardship to defer them.

that sucks....there is a max of three years economic hardship, so it won't last all of med school, AND you will be repaying loans in residency, as your hardship deferments will be used up.

graduate
01-14-2005, 01:14 PM
as a former st. chris student. I would like to tell you that my stanford loans were differed...

TXRN
01-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Since St. Chris does not have DOE code, previous federal loans and other loans may not be deferred while at St.Chris, however, I would like to know what students with previous loans are currently doing? forbearance, hardships? etc. Thanks.

Some students are using forbearance, but it's only for 3 years, so you will have to find another way to pay your previous loans after 3 years. Whatever you do, don't mess up your government loans. They will come after you until the end of time. The best thing to do is to go to the website of your lender and read more about the deferment rules to see which one you may qualify, forbearance or harship. I am glad that you know ahead and are inquiring about this matter.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to email me if you need further help.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.