PDA

View Full Version : 3rd term advice

TXRN
01-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Any advice from upperclass people on how to manage 3rd term and pass it successfully? 3rd semester courses (8a-5p M-F) : pathology1, microbiology, immunology, genetics, and epidemiology. :shock: Yikes.

lavender
01-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Dont sweat it. its not bad at all. everything you study in path will help you in all the other classes. genetics is not too bad you will cover part of that in path as well. get the small robbins for path. for genetics and the other courses if you attend class and pay attention you will pass them with no problem. for me i cut my study time in half by attending classes and going over the handouts and work sheets after class. Path the instructor will give excelent reviews if you use web path and the robbins study guide questions you will pass with no prblems. Epi im not sure about this semester because there will a new instructor the last ones were very hard but exclent teachers. you will be fine dont stress it sounds like alot but it all flows together.

bts4202
01-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Lavender is right, Just keep reading and you will do fine. I disagree about baby robbins though. I think it is missing a LOT of stuff. Try reading big robbins or any other path book. But baby is just too condensed for initial learning.

VCJ
01-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Any advice from upperclass people on how to manage 3rd term and pass it successfully? 3rd semester courses (8a-5p M-F) : pathology1, microbiology, immunology, genetics, and epidemiology. :shock: Yikes.

Hey...i finished basic sciences last term and am studying for the MLE right now...so started reviewing the relavent stuff...

know ur micro...there is no escaping that one (use that micro made simple book)..have it down like u are the prof.

for path. read goljan ...the path book has tooo much useless info....use webpath and the Robbins questions book for supplemental questions and pics. Focus on Blood (RBC, WBCs, coagulation, platelets)...make ur own charts and do questions: its very HY and easy, once learnt properly. Dont go in depth in neoplasia as u understand it better in systemic

for immuno and genetics, I would STRONGLY recommend that u read the big robbins book for their pathology and goljan also....if u did not understand the genetic mapping and the testing in biochem, prefect time to get that done with is NOW.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.