PDA

View Full Version : Israeli Med Schools

Hanson
02-26-2003, 07:18 PM
Sackler?
by EL (no login)

Hi....can you tell me what you know of Sackler? Being an Israeli born citizen (but now residing in Canada), I would love to go to Israel for med school...I am fluent in Hebrew and I don't view Israel at all as a hot spot. It is safer than Dominica. But I think my GPA (2.8) and MCATs (7,8,8) are to low for Sackler. How realistic is obtaining a residency in the U.S/Canada after going to Sackler (which I view as a higher standard - both education and as a place to live - than the Carribbean)?

thank you

Posted on Dec 29, 1999, 8:00 AM
from IP address 209.90.133.107

Touro-Haifa Technion?
by Al (no login)

Does anybody have any information about this program? I heard it's 5 years. First year in Touro College in NY and 4 more years in Israel, but they charge tuition only for 4 years, so financially it's not so bad.

Posted on Dec 29, 1999, 9:00 AM
from IP address 209.244.179.130

Oh, Dominica is not unsafe.......less chance of terrorism than telaviv!
by Anonymous (no login)

Your chances of getting into Sackler are slim to none. Speaking Hebrew will help, but the admissions standards are very high and comparable to US standards.

Sackler grads fair very well come residency time, the school has affiliations with several top ranked US institutions.

Posted on Dec 29, 1999, 9:18 AM
from IP address 208.202.163.69

Do some research
by Dominicanightmare (no login)

I dont know much about Sackler....I applied and interviewed over 4 years ago now, but the have an easily accessable web site, I'm sure you have checked it out.

Your grades are on the very low side for their standards, I have a 3.96 GPA and 30 composite MCATS, and I was told that I was lucky to be considered and even luckier to be admitted.

Telaviv vs Dominica for safety.....hmmmmm there hasn't been a car or bus bombing in Dominica since, ummmmmm never! Don't confuse Dominica with the Dominican Republic now.

Posted on Dec 29, 1999, 4:14 PM
from IP address 166.62.150.103

Sackler School of Medicine
by DD (no login)

Sackler School of Medicine, New York State/American Program is taught entirely in English and is generally less expensive than attending Ross. It can be contacted at 212-688-8811 in New York City.

Posted on Dec 30, 1999, 2:40 PM
from IP address 63.27.117.45

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.