PDA

View Full Version : Can you get license for California?

newskoolff282
11-29-2004, 11:32 AM
Heard a lot of rumors that off-shore grads. can't work in California? Is this true about St. Chris? Are they planning on applying for the California or what? What's the status of this? Thanks

ansgenius
11-29-2004, 12:02 PM
St Chris grads cannot be licensed in California. St Chris is nowhere near beginning the application process for California approval.

Skipper
11-29-2004, 01:02 PM
Heard a lot of rumors that off-shore grads. can't work in California? Is this true about St. Chris? Are they planning on applying for the California or what? What's the status of this? Thanks

no not all offshore

AUC, Ross, SGU, and Saba can

the rest no

st chirs is a very long time away from being apporved....if you want to work in cali or have the ability to work in 50 states....go to a school with a proven route...AUC, Ross, or SGU

the skipper

bts4202
11-29-2004, 05:20 PM

no not all offshore

the rest no

st chirs is a very long time away from being apporved....if you want to work in cali or have the ability to work in 50 states....go to a school with a proven route...AUC, Ross, or SGU

the skipper

Not quite accurate anymore... i think only SGU is currently approved in Texas. Ross is being evaluated and AUC has not even begun the process. They have licensed grads in that state, but none after Texas changed their laws.

AUCMD2006
11-29-2004, 06:17 PM
i'm not sure about licensing since no one has tried since they changed the law but when they changed it the school said we already had the clinical research part of it and they were verifying our teaching hospital affiliations for the residency part.

i know we have since been approved or allowed i don't know how to word it, to do clinicals in texas since before apparently you could do them but you wouldn't get a license there if you did...texas really is a different country isn't it? i know a guy that said he was doing rotations in galveston i beleive.....texas is intricate and so is colorado but there are auc grads in both

wolfvgang22
11-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Yes, Texas is shore a whole 'nother country.

Your post has been reported to the Ministry of Truth
-W

Skipper
11-29-2004, 08:50 PM

no not all offshore

the rest no

the skipper

Not quite accurate anymore... i think only SGU is currently approved in Texas. Ross is being evaluated and AUC has not even begun the process. They have licensed grads in that state, but none after Texas changed their laws.

even so...for argument sake remove texas....auc, ross, and sgu still is a proven route....st chris has nothing yet.....no proven licensed grad....

the skipper

bts4202
11-30-2004, 04:06 PM
even so...for argument sake remove texas....auc, ross, and sgu still is a proven route....st chris has nothing yet.....no proven licensed grad....

the skipper

Yeah, u are right. I am not arguing this point at all. Actually, I am not arguing anything. I am just making the observation that almost no caribb school is "approved in all 50 states" anymore. It is now 49.

stchrisrep
11-30-2004, 08:17 PM

If you're from California, don't even think about joining St. Chris. The college is not approved for clinicals, residency or licensure. Don't even think about retroactive approval or anything else. The answer is NO. The college has no intentions of applying for approval in the near future. If you don't mind practicing in another state, then it is up to you.

Please also search the archives. This topic has been covered extensively.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.