PDA

View Full Version : How to transfer to St. Christopher's?

DrMuscles
11-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Hi guys.

I am an American citizen studying at AKU medical school in Pakistan. I want to transfer to St. Christopher's after my second year of studies...meaning I want to do my clinicals under SC (in America).

I went to UC Berkeley for 3 years prior to going to AKU med school.

What is the procedure for transferring to St Christophers? What are my chances? When do I need to take my Step 1 by? What are the dates for admission?

Please help me out.

Thanks.

bts4202
11-26-2004, 06:18 PM
You have to have already passed the USMLE step 1 before applying. If you have passed, i don't think transfering is too difficult.

Contact the school: http://www.stchris.edu/contact.htm

DrMuscles
11-28-2004, 11:29 AM
Thanks a lot.

stchrisrep
11-28-2004, 11:34 AM
Hi guys.

I am an American citizen studying at AKU medical school in Pakistan. I want to transfer to St. Christopher's after my second year of studies...meaning I want to do my clinicals under SC (in America).

I went to UC Berkeley for 3 years prior to going to AKU med school.

What is the procedure for transferring to St Christophers? What are my chances? When do I need to take my Step 1 by? What are the dates for admission?

Please help me out.

Thanks.

Admissions

http://www.stchris.edu/admissions.htm

Applications

http://www.stchris.edu/downloads.htm

If you're transferring, you also need to fill out the transfer supplement form. It's at the end of the application.

AUCMD2006
12-02-2004, 01:15 PM
same way you transfer to any for profit school:

show up to admissions office with an approved loan application or your amex gold card..... :roll:

Skipper
12-02-2004, 01:27 PM
same way you transfer to any for profit school:

show up to admissions office with an approved loan application or your amex gold card..... :roll:

actually amex black card....the only credit card without a set limit and you can only get it via invitation from amex......now i bet ya no one will get turned down with one of those....

the skipper

curious_george
12-02-2004, 02:56 PM
school does not accept Amex :hiding:

AUCMD2006
12-02-2004, 03:59 PM
then you could get traveler's checks :x

stchrisrep
12-03-2004, 08:42 AM
school does not accept Amex :hiding:

For new students going to England, I recommend that you don't bring an AMEX card. They are worthless in England. They accept more Visa and Mastercard. Traveler's checks are fine but some banks will charge you a processing fee.

DrMuscles
12-10-2004, 03:55 PM
After reading many of the posts in this forum, I think I wont be applying any more. :(

ValuelessMD
12-10-2004, 04:55 PM

stchrisrep
12-10-2004, 06:20 PM
After reading many of the posts in this forum, I think I wont be applying any more. :(

Best wishes to you.

OLDPRO
12-10-2004, 09:22 PM
I think it is a shame that people rely on a few posters on the internet to make decsions. There are about 5 posters (who do not go to the school or have seen the school ) who constantly claim to know it all about this school.
Good luck to you :wink:

microphage
12-10-2004, 10:02 PM
I think it is a shame that people rely on a few posters on the internet to make decsions. There are about 5 posters (who do not go to the school or have seen the school ) who constantly claim to know it all about this school.

hey, YOU FORGOT ABOUT ME!!!

OLDPRO
12-10-2004, 10:19 PM
Well now that you mention it maybe 6 or 7 or..........
( I hate to be left out too) :wink:

neilc
12-10-2004, 11:11 PM

nobody claims to know it all...many claim that the risk is too high for the return. there are many better options at this point in time....

how does listening to somebody at the school or visiting the school make the risk less? neither of those will chang the facts...there are no licensed grads, there may be charter issues, and it is reasonable to be concerned about the UK allowing schools like this in england. for now, it is a huge risk. period.

ActionPotential
12-11-2004, 01:39 AM
the notion of transferring into st chris reminds me of what people were saying about the firefighters after 9/11......while everyone else was running out of the burning buildings, they were running in.

ValuelessMD
12-11-2004, 03:40 AM

basinas
12-11-2004, 03:47 AM
Please be ultra careful about st christopher. There are things that some of these places dont tell you until you are well and truly ensconced in a degree with them. Man....... this college gives me the creeps, they sent an acceptance letter to one of my friends and trust me it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out that it was dodgie. Trust me STAY AWAY from it people.

ValuelessMD
12-11-2004, 03:52 AM

OLDPRO
12-11-2004, 08:02 AM
Yes going to a new school is a risk, but that is true with any new school outside the US. You are at the mercy of what the school tells you and the charter, WHO, and IMED listing is the only info that is NOT BIASED.
I have a problem with many OUT TO GET THEM POSTS on this forum.
Yes, I have read posts for almost a year now. Some are true debates but some are nasty in your face biased posts. Nothing risked nothing gained.

Wow I feel better! :wink:

AUCMD2006
12-11-2004, 11:47 AM
"First, I think it is shameful to suggest that firefighters are less than intelligent to be going into a burning building."

so are you saying that SC students are less intelligent because they went to SC? :lol:

i get the connection its not a intelligence relation it is going against common sense, survival, fight fright whatever you want to call it......

everytime someone mentions 911 i remember two things clearly, 1) my wife calling and waking me up at 8:30 (just got home from night shift) watching the planes burn, remembering strenght of materials class and telling my wife the beams are going to melt as we watched people running into the buildings...and 2)palestenians celebrating in gaza and even some suburbs of chicago out in the streets dancing......sick world and a connection in poor taste :?:

ValuelessMD
12-11-2004, 01:20 PM

AUCMD2006
12-11-2004, 09:43 PM
you've discovered my kryptonite...just pretend to agree with me

ValuelessMD
12-12-2004, 10:48 AM

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.