PDA

View Full Version : To ALL IUHS Students...

HID77
11-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Can you please provide any solid evidence against what all of the other posts allege, ie, that IUHS is not a legitimate medical school. I have posted other messages to the current students to try to research this issue, but thus far, I have not received a single response. I feel that, as IUHS med students, YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF to protect and enhance the reputation of the school you have chosen to attend. In doing so, you help dispel the negative statements on this forum that have tarnished the image of this school, and begin to provide the groundwork for healing...

ANYONE???

lswiltshire
11-21-2004, 07:23 AM
The persons who have been posting against IUHS have spoken the truth and presented the evidence.

****** (so called Professor of Medicine at IUHS---LOL) spent a semester at XUSOM after resigning from IUHS. He went down there and wanted to take over and run the DEan. He left when he found he could not push around folk and have his own way as he used to do at IUHS.

The other major players at IUHS resigned earlier in the year.

Perhaps 8 students in all ever passed step 1- 6 were reported to have done so in a post presented here about a year ago.

Most of those students have probably transferred to other schools. They all know that they cant be licensed at IUHS.

Information to that effect from the BOARDS was posted on the old forum about 2 years ago.

lswiltshire
11-21-2004, 05:06 PM
Found this on old network 54 forum

[Please visit network 54 for original message]

Related links
http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=156286&messageid=1061598266
http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=156286&messageid=1063513675
http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=156286&messageid=1063669181
http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=156286&messageid=1063719797
http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=156286&messageid=1064699051
http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=156286&messageid=1064795589
http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=156286&messageid=1064796485
http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=156286&messageid=1064847159
http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=156286&messageid=1065123761

keyshaw
11-21-2004, 08:57 PM
Found this on old network 54 forum

[Please visit network 54 for original message]

Related links
http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=156286&messageid=1061598266
http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=156286&messageid=1065123761

Hilarious! :lolup:

Repression
03-08-2005, 10:31 AM
Can you please provide any solid evidence against what all of the other posts allege, ie, that IUHS is not a legitimate medical school. I have posted other messages to the current students to try to research this issue, but thus far, I have not received a single response. I feel that, as IUHS med students, YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF to protect and enhance the reputation of the school you have chosen to attend. In doing so, you help dispel the negative statements on this forum that have tarnished the image of this school, and begin to provide the groundwork for healing...

ANYONE???

Repression
03-08-2005, 10:32 AM
I AM NOT A MEDICAL STUDENT BUT A NEUTRAL AND SOBBER THINKERS, I WOULD LIKE TO BELIEVE.

I is so so sad to see how much ghost wroters and many other undesirable entities of our society work hard to earn their living today. Even if it means denegrating the most discent things there are in our society today. Or even if it means supporting total rubbish. We see that in our society today and everyday,let alone the USA. How many of the rubbish writings in support of a medication that has not been proven at all or that there is not enough evidence about their therapeutic ability still make it to the American Journal of Medicine because ceritain pharmaceutical company paid a ghost (who happens to hav a PhD in the field with no job). And anybody reading it from the Journal of Medicine so respected would believe and yet it is all RUBBISH. This is indiscent Capital and Imprialism at its best.

I know it hearts to see that people in life have so many alternative ways of achieving their goals without being trapped in "Politics of Recognition and Bureaucracy" which is a source of repression and dominancy of those that want to maintain the status quo that enable them to have manipower planning and repressive control.

I know it hurts when others outsmarts us in life but hey! gut real. Even the first hear surgeon was not a caucasian doc. It was a black guy in South Africa who due to apartheid he had to hide behind our fellow Caucasoid man to avaid the blamn. Medicine itself did not start in the west as we would like to believe. It was in Africa. Why do we want to call it western medicine? Fotr the same reason we would like to believe that it was a white man who conducted the first heart transplant.
In life their are those that talk and write ribbish and thinkers who take no credit for their work.

IUHS has just a great program and they are using technology as a way of information dissemination just as Harvard and many Universities in Europe (UK) and others are doing. And they do their clinicals in real hospitals. It is a great programme and all normal intellectuals (not political ideologues)know that. It hurts because it is from St. Kitts originally. Period.

Get real and get a life, IUHS is hear to stay. Like it or not. There standard is international and most of their students have medical background already, from colleges and universities that you are not even targetting. And have been practising. They really do not need your recognition, apart from what they have already been given by the WHO and the world at large. And That must hurt to hear, because you wish they had none.

To those of you who are looking for advice in life, here is my golden advice "don't ever listen to anyone who tells you not to listen" Or never follow the advice of anyone who tells you to take his/her advice at face value without allowing you to make your own judgement of value based on the info. you have gathered. Because, any such person is a lier. Last, remember some humans have multiple personalities and they can write as if theyu represent the world when it is just one miserable person (programmed mind) working for a system that is repressive and sickly dominant.

Be wise and live happily

Matt

wolfvgang22
03-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Have fun outsmarting us all at IUHS. :roll:

p.s. -- I think Amazon has dictionaries on sale this week.

FLK
03-09-2005, 07:30 AM
To those of you who are looking for advice in life, here is my golden advice "don't ever listen to anyone who tells you not to listen" . Because, any such person is a lier.
Matt

so I shouldn't listen to you?

tiredintern
04-04-2005, 12:36 PM
To those of you who are looking for advice in life, here is my golden advice "don't ever listen to anyone who tells you not to listen" . Because, any such person is a lier.
Matt

so I shouldn't listen to you?

forkin lol..

If you really want an answer, call the state medical boards in the areas you may want to practice and ask them if they will license you as a grad of IUHS medical correspondence school. Prepare to be laughed at and hung up on. I'm sure IUHS is here to stay as there are plenty of suckers out there, but no MD will ever practice medicine in the US with a VALID MEDICAL LICENSE coming out of this place.

Vasquez
07-23-2005, 01:17 PM
Get out as fast as you can. Evidence abounds if you look around you. More and more states barr students from IUHS and their "degrees" from obtaining credentials in their states. Try calling another school and see if they will take you as a transfer....you will hear laughter because they know what IUHS is up to giving poor poor education, by unacceptable methods only to leave students hanging when it comes time to get verified credentials. Yet another registrar has left, the web site is down still, financial aid will not be obtained for anther 6 years....what else do you need to see as evidence. This is no joke they are a dying institution and you will lose your ability to transfer to somwhere/ anywhere if they go out of business while you are still there. Try calling to get a transcript it will not be easy...GET OUT

lswiltshire
07-25-2005, 08:43 AM
"Get out as fast as you can" is GREAT ADVICE.

That "Evidence abounds if you look around you" is also true. SINCE OCTOBER 2002 Georgie posted on the Old forum the results of letters from several state boards that made very clear that IUHS was not acceptable.

BUT THE SHORT CUT MEDICAL STUDENT CORE DID NOT LISTEN
So who is correct now? Coco man! LOL

Try calling another school and see if they will take you as a transfer....you will hear laughter because they know what IUHS is up to giving poor poor education, by unacceptable methods only to leave students hanging when it comes time to get verified credentials.

Well actually SJMS was taking IUHS credits in 2002. I know for a fact that they have accepted credits from another school FROM STUDENTS WHO FAILED AND GAVE THEM PASSING GRADES. So you can try ..........LOL

what else do you need to see as evidence?

The answer to this friend is that IT IS UNVELIEVABLE BUT FIOLK ARE WILLING TO BELIEVE TO REMAIN UNBELIEVERS

If they dont wanna hear the truth and believe it they will believe a lie and IUHS will continue laughing to the bank.

You can bet that "they are a dying institution " ....... I will do by very best to see that!

Ming
08-27-2005, 06:07 PM
I AM NOT A MEDICAL STUDENT BUT A NEUTRAL AND SOBBER THINKERS, I WOULD LIKE TO BELIEVE.

I is so so sad to see how much ghost wroters and many other undesirable entities of our society work hard to earn their living today. Even if it means denegrating the most discent things there are in our society today. Or even if it means supporting total rubbish. We see that in our society today and everyday,let alone the USA. How many of the rubbish writings in support of a medication that has not been proven at all or that there is not enough evidence about their therapeutic ability still make it to the American Journal of Medicine because ceritain pharmaceutical company paid a ghost (who happens to hav a PhD in the field with no job). And anybody reading it from the Journal of Medicine so respected would believe and yet it is all RUBBISH. This is indiscent Capital and Imprialism at its best.

I know it hearts to see that people in life have so many alternative ways of achieving their goals without being trapped in "Politics of Recognition and Bureaucracy" which is a source of repression and dominancy of those that want to maintain the status quo that enable them to have manipower planning and repressive control.

I know it hurts when others outsmarts us in life but hey! gut real. Even the first hear surgeon was not a caucasian doc. It was a black guy in South Africa who due to apartheid he had to hide behind our fellow Caucasoid man to avaid the blamn. Medicine itself did not start in the west as we would like to believe. It was in Africa. Why do we want to call it western medicine? Fotr the same reason we would like to believe that it was a white man who conducted the first heart transplant.
In life their are those that talk and write ribbish and thinkers who take no credit for their work.

IUHS has just a great program and they are using technology as a way of information dissemination just as Harvard and many Universities in Europe (UK) and others are doing. And they do their clinicals in real hospitals. It is a great programme and all normal intellectuals (not political ideologues)know that. It hurts because it is from St. Kitts originally. Period.

Get real and get a life, IUHS is hear to stay. Like it or not. There standard is international and most of their students have medical background already, from colleges and universities that you are not even targetting. And have been practising. They really do not need your recognition, apart from what they have already been given by the WHO and the world at large. And That must hurt to hear, because you wish they had none.

To those of you who are looking for advice in life, here is my golden advice "don't ever listen to anyone who tells you not to listen" Or never follow the advice of anyone who tells you to take his/her advice at face value without allowing you to make your own judgement of value based on the info. you have gathered. Because, any such person is a lier. Last, remember some humans have multiple personalities and they can write as if theyu represent the world when it is just one miserable person (programmed mind) working for a system that is repressive and sickly dominant.

Be wise and live happily

Matt

Please tell me you are joking. IUHS started out as a possibly good investment of a number of retirement age Floridian physicians. Unfortunately, nobody attached to this investment were academics/educators. In fact, the accountant who currently runs the school became one of the largest investors by trading his accountant skills for shares in the school.

It was unfortunate that this individual thought up a scheme for which the school paid the ultimate price of losing their Sally Mae loans. This act alone set the stage for all the fiasco happenings that followed.

The admission criteria changed from time to time depending upon who had the best idea. Advanced status was even given to individuals without real basic sciences. This resulted in individuals not having the background to pass USMLE. I am wondering if they have been given an MD degree.

I recently viewed the new website. This information is equally as interesting. There are Canadian family physicians now listed as lecturers, current students listed as lecturers and one individual who has my interest to see if he is practicing as an MD or just lecturing.

If you have a lot of inside knowledge of IUHS, you couldn't POSSIBLY say the above and actually believe it. PSYCHOLOGICALLY, you must be in total denial. If you wish to debate the psychology of that statement, let me know.

I am intimately aware of the machinations of IUHS, its administrators, its lecturers and many, many of its students. I would further suggest that I have far more inside knowledge of this corporation than you would have the ability to adequately investigate.

IUHS is trying to hang on until maybe one of its original students gets a licence to practice. Until then, I am expecting a few trips back to their investors to keep going.

I wouldn't usually ask this question, but I would like to know what your background given your level of command of english. Am I safe to assume you have poor keyboard skills or poor english skills? This of course has nothing to do with your level of science knowledge, but if you state IUHS has a great medical program, I would now have to question your science background as well.

Good Doctor
08-28-2005, 03:45 PM
The writer known as "Matt" is currently working as a lecturer for IUHS. According to the past administration, he was a student at IUHS. I don't think anyone who is receiving a salary from IUHS can give an honest opinion.

To Ming - I will p.m. you and see if I can convince some of the previous administration to tell you the honest truth. I have remained friendly with several of them since I left IUHS. The reason that the people who know the truth, are afraid that the IUHS lawyers will launch an attack.

To anyone considering this school, please do not waste your time or energy.

Ming
08-29-2005, 05:28 AM
The writer known as "Matt" is currently working as a lecturer for IUHS. According to the past administration, he was a student at IUHS. I don't think anyone who is receiving a salary from IUHS can give an honest opinion.

To Ming - I will p.m. you and see if I can convince some of the previous administration to tell you the honest truth. I have remained friendly with several of them since I left IUHS. The reason that the people who know the truth, are afraid that the IUHS lawyers will launch an attack.

To anyone considering this school, please do not waste your time or energy.

I am not sure it matters if he was a past student. Often people will work for universities to which they once belonged. However, I would ask if he was a GOOD student? If he was not, then I don't expect he has anything to pass along and that also doesn't include the fact that he may not have a talent for teaching.
I don't think anyone should worry about telling the truth. Nothwithstanding, anything that is already in the public domain has no basis for litigation.
I don't have any necessity to contact anyone to learn anymore truth than I already know.

Carmen
09-04-2005, 05:23 PM
It is amazing to look back 3-4 years and see all the negative posts about IUHS. I can't believe students will still go there.

All that matters to the administration is the money! I have heard about students leaving the school and not having an appropriate medical education. Distance learning is fine for a portion of the education, but clinical skills, scientific skills, etc. must be done with the students. IUHS graduates students that they have never seen!

I hope the state licensing boards see this because I am very nervous about these students treating patients! Would any of you want to be treated by an IUHS grad who went to correspondence school?

Unfortunately it is also the government of St. Kitts & Nevis who are negligent. If you pay them enough money, the will accredit anything.

FrankieIUHS
09-04-2005, 05:34 PM
For people who say IUHS is so bad.. Many have transfered out to USA schools as well as St. Chris schools and yes the majority into Xavior School of Medicine. These people joined Xavior and are now trying to fight the school because they are cheap and don't want to pay the money they owe IUHS.

They claim that IUHS didn't give them what they needed, yet they passed step 1, they transfered out and yes they are now doing residencys in the usa.

For the people who complain, it doesn't matter what you think, you don't write the rules and regulations of the states who want or need doctors.

You people need to check some facts. Look at Australia, Europe and see where medicine is headed. They all have internet programs for medicine.

Do I think IUHS should continue the internet teaching... NO WAY. Everybody should be moved to the campus. Thats where I am and I love it. Nice peaceful island.

Keep In touch and see you in rounds.

Carmen
09-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Frankie - are you a student at IUHS? If yes, you are one of the two students there. Do you have a lab, cadavers, clinicals skills teaching? I know that you don't. If you have been to a "proper" medical school, you will know how bad IUHS is.

So far, nobody at IUHS has a permanent license. About four students have reached residency stage and do have licenses in a few states. Many of the students who managed to get through the USMLE exams had to seek outside help in order to pass. The problem-based learning doesn't work well in a "correspondence" course.

Do not be deceived by the sly accountant. I know much about IUHS from the inside and what people are saying on the forum is true.

Carmen
09-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Also, the people who don't pay the money they owe IUHS is that they didn't get an appropriate education. They basically wasted their money and don't feel that they owe anything to the school.

Before you discuss something like IUHS, you should obtain all information.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, feel free to p.m. me. I don't fear IUHS and will tell the truth since what they are doing is wrong.

Ming
09-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Also, the people who don't pay the money they owe IUHS is that they didn't get an appropriate education. They basically wasted their money and don't feel that they owe anything to the school.

Before you discuss something like IUHS, you should obtain all information.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, feel free to p.m. me. I don't fear IUHS and will tell the truth since what they are doing is wrong.

Carmen, you are right about what you are saying and also your opinion appears to be well founded. Unfortunately, most people looking for an off-shore education don't have the ability to find out the past information about IUHS. When you consider the fashion in which students make their choices, it's quite sad. They are usually students who generally can't get into regular medical schools for a variety of reasons. The reasons are from low BSc grades and MCAT scores, to not having the ability to be mobile since they often are married with children. These reasons make Caribbean campus schools and the distance learning program very attractive. By the time students find Value MD, they are usually already in trouble with a bad choice and are looking for resolutions. Some students like those who have been at IUHS for a long time, are in too deep financially to cut their losses by the time they find out all the real problems.

I have also heard there are only 2 students on the campus which make sense, as they no longer accept BSc grads. They apparently only accept Physician Assistants and Family Nurse Practitioners. These students usually only apply for the distance learning program since they are employed full-time. I am amazed the St. Kitts government grants them a charter, but given the annual fee in US dollars for the charter, it doesn't surprise me too much.

diogenes
09-05-2005, 01:15 PM
.......They claim that IUHS didn't give them what they needed, yet they passed step 1, they transfered out and yes they are now doing residencys in the usa.............
For the people who complain, it doesn't matter what you think,

I'm sorry to see that another IUHS student has adopted the persona and tactics of the administration. It matters very much what these students think, especially if they feel that IUHS or one of its affiliates made false claims about the course and the facilities.
Though at least Frankie doesn't go as far as some I have seen on VMD and in IUHS who dare to suggest that wanting what was promised on the promotional website is somehow weak; that those who can't hack IUHS with all its deficiencies are unlikely to have the intellectual rigour or moral fibre to study and practise medicine. How nasty can they get? If I insist that the car I buy should have basic safety features e.g. foglights and find that these don't work I don't expect the salesman to tell me that I must be a pretty poor driver if I require these things: "foglights are only for spineless idiots. Doing without them develops faster braking rection time".
IUHS and its apologists simply will not face up to the fact that it is a business which advertises a service and then fails to deliver that service in the way that was promised. If they were selling a product or service in the U.K., U.S. or Canada and had unambiguous legal status there they would have been succesfully sued a hundred times over.

Ming
09-05-2005, 07:52 PM
For people who say IUHS is so bad.. Many have transfered out to USA schools as well as St. Chris schools and yes the majority into Xavior School of Medicine. These people joined Xavior and are now trying to fight the school because they are cheap and don't want to pay the money they owe IUHS.

They claim that IUHS didn't give them what they needed, yet they passed step 1, they transfered out and yes they are now doing residencys in the usa.

For the people who complain, it doesn't matter what you think, you don't write the rules and regulations of the states who want or need doctors.

You people need to check some facts. Look at Australia, Europe and see where medicine is headed. They all have internet programs for medicine.

Do I think IUHS should continue the internet teaching... NO WAY. Everybody should be moved to the campus. Thats where I am and I love it. Nice peaceful island.

Keep In touch and see you in rounds.

Let's look closely at your statements. Students in good US schools almost never transfer out. Any medical school that has the history of student transfer that IUHS has, definitely has a major problems.

You are wrong about those students transferring out to US schools. I would challange that statement. Some students transferred out to other schools such as Xavier and St. Christopher's. No, they are NOT all in residency programs. A few students have secured residency programs. I am familiar with many of the european schools. Please name the ones that have complete distance learning for the basic sciences.

Yes, you must be one of the two students left at the school. I applaud your ability to study medicine in the environment of the IUHS campus. You must have adequate private funding since there are no government loans for IUHS. I will be interested to know if you plan on staying with IUHS for your clinicals. I guess that isn't a fair question to ask you publicly while you are a pre-clinical student.

Of equal interest is the fact that you are having a peaceful pre-clinical existance. That's not generally the life of most US medical students who are fully involved in study and clinical exposure.

Carmen
09-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Frankie, there has never been a student transfer from IUHS to a U.S. medical school in its history. The problem-based learning makes it impossible to transfer credits. A proper medical school will make you begin again.

As Ming states, there is no research done at IUHS (amongst other educational needs). I will be interested to see what happens to these IUHS students when they go for licensing.

Also, it is true that some IUHS students write the USMLE step 1 3 to 4 times before they pass. The reason any of them pass is because they go to the Falcon or Kaplin review courses. IUHS should be monitored by the ECFMG.

I wonder Frankie, if you are one of the IUHS administration members who go on the site. A few of them go on as an anonymous name and try to defend IUHS. Beware of them!

iuhsms4
11-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Good luck to everybody who aspires to become a doc!

rxhamza
01-23-2006, 01:52 PM
I just found your post. I am a 2nd yr at IUHS. I think it is unfair of anyone to state that IUHS is an invalid Medical program. My class is one of the largest intake classes they have had. Most of my classmates are PhD, NP's, or hold at least a Master's degree. In our clinical settings were are competitive with all other Med student's and sometimes excell over them.
We depend on being very driven, there is no pampering or spoon feeding in our program. Not everyone is cut out for this type of education but I feel the program is competitive with most out there. Plus being the wife of a practicing MD we were very careful in selecting programs. We both felt that IUHS had a credible program and though a young program would be an good one.

Thanks,

RxHamza

lmoliver
01-23-2006, 02:59 PM
What state are you planning to be licensed in?

I just found your post. I am a 2nd yr at IUHS. I think it is unfair of anyone to state that IUHS is an invalid Medical program. My class is one of the largest intake classes they have had. Most of my classmates are PhD, NP's, or hold at least a Master's degree. In our clinical settings were are competitive with all other Med student's and sometimes excell over them.
We depend on being very driven, there is no pampering or spoon feeding in our program. Not everyone is cut out for this type of education but I feel the program is competitive with most out there. Plus being the wife of a practicing MD we were very careful in selecting programs. We both felt that IUHS had a credible program and though a young program would be an good one.

Thanks,

RxHamza

rxhamza
01-24-2006, 10:26 AM
Don't know yet.

lmoliver
01-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Don't know yet.
One member has recently been doing research with State Licensing boards. I notice you are from Va. That is one state that has replied that it will not accept online education.
http://www.valuemd.com/state-medical-licensing-information/81270-online-classes-state-licensure.html

leadsled
01-24-2006, 11:39 AM
To Rxhamza,
Does the government of St. Kitts grant licensing as a physician to graduates of IUHS?

Thanks for your response,
Leadsled

comment: I find it sad that so many countries that "charter" all these medical schools won't even grant graduates licensure as a physician in the country of charter. I believe it reflects poorly on the medical school's validity.

Carmen
01-26-2006, 12:48 AM
I don't think that anyone has any doubt that many students at IUHS are well educated. The problem is that the medical program is deficient and no matter what education you have before you enter IUHS, this does not make up for the lacking in medical education.

I also understand that your practicing MD husband is also a teacher at IUHS.

Chemist_11
01-27-2006, 04:36 AM
It isn't the PBL which makes credits 'un-transferable', its the fact that the basic sciences are done 'online'.

PBL is used widely, and ISN'T the same as online basic sciences.

P.S. Rx, i think that you should get to grips with the fact that IUHS is know to be a medical school interested in profit ($$$), rather than the quality of education it gives, and this is why people do not rate the school.

If you were to ask each potential medical student on these fora, if they would considder attending IUHS, i can guarantee that 99%+ would say NO. Why is this? because IUHS has a reputation that it will NOT be able to shake off!.

Many students may be well educated, but their serious lack of common sense soon shows through when they choose to attend IUHS.

Ming
01-28-2006, 01:47 PM

Thanks,

RxHamza

RxHamza,

I think you should question a medical school that only accepts NPs, PhDs or Masters degrees. If a school doesn't have a curriculum capable of teaching students holding a BSc, that should be telling you something.

I guess it's a question of perspective, but my perspective is obviously different from yours.

There has been a great deal of trouble with IUHS finding good teachers with excellent academic backgrounds that they simply chose to enroll students that didn't require as much attention.

I am also guessing that your personal situation requires you to find a school teaching on-line. That is the major criteria for all the IUHS students. Poll them and you would discover this to be a fact. All of the IUHS students hold down jobs which doesn't allow them to enter medical school full-time and in spite of holding their variety of degrees, they may not have the academic background to be accepted locally.

It's truly hard to imagine that anyone who had the ability to compete to enter a regular medical school and/or attend the most accepted such as St. George's, Ross, AUC or Saba, would choose IUHS. There is a big flaw in your decision making or you are not coming forth with the whole story.

maximillian genossa
01-30-2006, 02:26 PM
When you say that you" feel the program is competitive with most out there." What truly makes you believe that? What does IUHS offer that the rest of the pack does not? What truly makes it competitive? Why is it a better product in your opinion?

Thanks,

RxHamza

wellwisher_ueims
02-06-2006, 08:03 PM
i am a current 3rd student at the affliate of IUHS, are these people offering valid justifications based on valid reasons.
or is this some sort of weird discussion where people are misled into Havoc n chaos.
i do hope these people realise that now IUHS has a Number of more than 200 students in the Asian Subcontinent..
and such remarks could cos a misunderstanding.
and for those who claim to have said in the favor of IUHS..
could you please direct me, on what grounds do other universities accept us, the current students into the Clinical rotation programs.
if so how to go about it.
and where n what campuses thro'out the world
the main IUHS site gives no details as per the clinical rotations
n if they do hav an ongoing program at the island
if so do help me out.
thanks,
wellwisher_ueims

maximillian genossa
02-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Your are gonna get a flood of opinions about IUHS, most of them negative for good reasons. In order to avoid another flood of attacks in this forum (which are quite frequent and have even caused some members to violate VMD tos), I recommend you to carefully read ALL previous postings about IUHS, and come up with your own conclusions.

One thing I can tell you, is, when a school is ambiguous about giving students vital information, it raises a red flag and it should be avoided.

Thats all....for now.

i am a current 3rd student at the affliate of IUHS, are these people offering valid justifications based on valid reasons.
or is this some sort of weird discussion where people are misled into Havoc n chaos.
i do hope these people realise that now IUHS has a Number of more than 200 students in the Asian Subcontinent..
could you please direct me, on what grounds do other universities accept us, the current students into the Clinical rotation programs.
if so do help me out.
thanks,
wellwisher_ueims

Ming
02-07-2006, 04:33 AM
if so do help me out.
thanks,
wellwisher_ueims

What is your major objective? Are you a student with IUHS because you have been lead to believe it will give you access to the US and US clinicals? Do you believe attending UEIMS will let you practice in the US or are you intending to just stay and practice in India?

Ming
02-08-2006, 07:54 PM
What is your major objective? Are you a student with IUHS because you have been lead to believe it will give you access to the US and US clinicals? Do you believe attending UEIMS will let you practice in the US or are you intending to just stay and practice in India?

I didn't think that was a difficult question. I can only assume you decided not to answer. Your omission is speaking volumes.

iuhsms4
02-15-2006, 08:06 PM

Thanks,

RxHamza
RX,

I agree with you. Apparently you didn't read all of my posts. In fact, I started the "assumptions" thread. Good luck. If you have any questions regarding clinical rotations, etc... feel free to message me. I will be graduating from IUHS this summer. I am currently in the match.

IUHSMS4

iuhsms4
02-15-2006, 08:08 PM

Thanks,

RxHamza

Rx,

I agree with you. You should read all of my posts. If you have any questions regarding clinincal rotations, etc.. feel free to message me. I am graduating in the summer from IUHS. I am currently in the match.

IUHSMS4

iuhsms4
02-15-2006, 08:19 PM
if so do help me out.

thanks,
wellwisher_ueims

IUHS students are currently rotating at many US hospitals. The program is evolving and enrollment is increasing. Graduates have secured residencies and atleast 1 has been licensed in the US. I suspect that next year IUHS will have atleast 2 more graduates with full licensure. Good luck to everyone who aspires to practice medicine. Attending IUHS was clearly a good choice.

IUHSMS4

SSIUHS
03-03-2006, 07:46 PM
dman man dont lie to the people. It is a farce this thing called IUHS. I just came back form the island and IUHS same place same building and same as 2000. No books no teachers and no students on campus. Please post a few pictures of the campus lol wait the house and the same old sign and same Jaguar and Toyota you know what i am talking about without saying names. The school is a joke even among St kitts physicians... A few that I know personally make jokes about that school. Forget it man i have refrained myself but i wont allow you to sucker anyone into attending IUHS...........................:evil: That is evil man

Unaccomplished
03-08-2006, 09:00 PM
i dont know about the big degree schpeal. i got in without even 90 credits. but im not going here, im going to MUA, but just noting.

Unaccomplished
03-08-2006, 09:05 PM
oh and i also feel that having 1 US practicing physician is ridiculous! i lived in nyc all my life and i would not feel comfortable at all with a school that had only 1.

Carmen
03-09-2006, 08:26 AM
I am very sure that IUHS does not have any licensed grads. Read on the IUHS student association website. There is no news of this at all! I called the admissions lines and asked if there were any licensed grads and apparently they will have one very soon. To me, this states that they don't have any yet.

I would not want to see a physician that had this type of education.

drlerner
03-09-2006, 09:32 AM
That 1 MD will finish residency next year

Carmen
03-11-2006, 12:31 PM
There is no guarantee that this grad will be licensed even with a U.S. Residency. She may be able to get a license in Illinois if she is good enough.

maximillian genossa
03-11-2006, 04:25 PM
There is no guarantee that this grad will be licensed even with a U.S. Residency. She may be able to get a license in Illinois if she is good enough.

So that assertion is correct, however, lets just wish for the best for this person. I hope he or she can get licensed. For what Neil C job a couple of months ago, some states are inconclusive and it seems that Utah has the best shot for this grad.

As I said before, I am not here to ruin someones carrer and work, contrary to some people who get a kick out of it either for personal vendettas that have not been able to settle legally or else. What a pitty.

Carmen
03-25-2006, 01:58 PM
I spoke with Darlene G. in the Medical Licensing office in Utah. She told me that the state goes on a "case by case" basis for foreign medical grads. I asked re: internet learning and she told me that they don't have any problems with any type internet learning, but any medical student must have 80 weeks of pre-clinical education at their school (on-line is not considered to be at the school.) A student who studies on the island would certainly qualify. Regarding clinical electives, they do not require all green-book hospital rotations, but do prefer them. She will take this information re: internet learning to the Board for further clarification and call me back. I have asked for something in writing that clarifies the board's advice and when I receive this, I will post it just in case there are some disbelievers.

She also told me that a student may have graduated from a Residency, but the undergrad information is very important. If the student has not met the requirements of 80 weeks of in-class education and if the student's transcript does not reflect distance learning, this could result in a lawsuit for the Medical Licensing Board, the hospital he or she is practicing in and could cause a student to have to go back and complete the hours. She told me that the Board is aware of the internet schools and while students may receive a great education, their state is very slow to accept this type of change and there are concerns that need to be addressed before this can be considered. They are mainly afraid of lawsuits that may arise if it is found that a doctor who is being sued attended an internet medical school. Even if this individual is a great doctor, the publicity would be terrible for the licensing board.

I hope anyone attending IUHS considers going on-island since this will assist them to be licensed.

I am trying to get to the root of some of the licensing issues and most are not black and white. I urge IUHS grads to make sure that the licensing board knows that they did the pre-clinical via distance to protect themselves later on.

I wish all grads from IUHS luck and I hope any information I post will be of assistance. My main concern is that the public is informed and students do not pay money to this school until they know the facts.

maximillian genossa
03-25-2006, 03:28 PM
It is basically the same info I got via email from them back when NeilC posted it. A gray area.

If at least the school was cheaper huh?

Take care

GM

PS.....I wonder how they did in the match, haven/t heard a peep from them.

I spoke with Darlene G. in the Medical Licensing office in Utah. She told me that the state goes on a "case by case" basis for foreign medical grads. I asked re: internet learning and she told me that they don't have any problems with any type internet learning, but any medical student must have 80 weeks of pre-clinical education at their school (on-line is not considered to be at the school.) A student who studies on the island would certainly qualify. Regarding clinical electives, they do not require all green-book hospital rotations, but do prefer them. She will take this information re: internet learning to the Board for further clarification and call me back. I have asked for something in writing that clarifies the board's advice and when I receive this, I will post it just in case there are some disbelievers.

She also told me that a student may have graduated from a Residency, but the undergrad information is very important. If the student has not met the requirements of 80 weeks of in-class education and if the student's transcript does not reflect distance learning, this could result in a lawsuit for the Medical Licensing Board, the hospital he or she is practicing in and could cause a student to have to go back and complete the hours. She told me that the Board is aware of the internet schools and while students may receive a great education, their state is very slow to accept this type of change and there are concerns that need to be addressed before this can be considered. They are mainly afraid of lawsuits that may arise if it is found that a doctor who is being sued attended an internet medical school. Even if this individual is a great doctor, the publicity would be terrible for the licensing board.

I hope anyone attending IUHS considers going on-island since this will assist them to be licensed.

I am trying to get to the root of some of the licensing issues and most are not black and white. I urge IUHS grads to make sure that the licensing board knows that they did the pre-clinical via distance to protect themselves later on.

I wish all grads from IUHS luck and I hope any information I post will be of assistance. My main concern is that the public is informed and students do not pay money to this school until they know the facts.

babytuck
03-31-2006, 07:47 AM
i want to know something, i'm in my 2nd year of this iuhs program in a college called UEIMS, cochin.. I'm really getting depressed as the way things are going with the college, what i want to know is that is there really any scope after we do complete this course? Are we going to be consider untouchables? Do other universities accept IUHS? Can you name a few?I'm in a position that i can't back out or start all over again due to the lack of funds & the money already spend in this college is irrecoverable. Is it ok if i do my MD in some other university this problem will be solved?

victronics
03-31-2006, 10:25 AM
i want to know something, i'm in my 2nd year of this iuhs program in a college called UEIMS, cochin.. I'm really getting depressed as the way things are going with the college, what i want to know is that is there really any scope after we do complete this course? Are we going to be consider untouchables? Do other universities accept IUHS? Can you name a few?I'm in a position that i can't back out or start all over again due to the lack of funds & the money already spend in this college is irrecoverable. Is it ok if i do my MD in some other university this problem will be solved?

if i were you I'll go somewere else, i'll damn the money because each minute you are there, you are spending more.

maximillian genossa
03-31-2006, 12:41 PM
Since you are studying in a sattellite campus under the auspice of the main campus in St. Kitts, that really limits your options since the sattellite campus DOES NOT have a charter. I do know of people who have transferred from the main campus in St. Kitts to other Caribbean schools after taking and passing the USMLE Step One. Your case is delicate indeed. Can you PM me mre details so we can discuss this privately?

Ming
04-05-2006, 10:06 PM
if i were you I'll go somewere else, i'll damn the money because each minute you are there, you are spending more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytuck

My friend spoke with her contact at IUHS. The question will be what academic credentials you went into UEIMS with. If you are directly out of high school, you will find that even other Caribbean schools will probably not accept you. You will find that even if you finish at UEIMS, if you are an American and try to apply for a residency position in the US, you will discover you would probably not be acceptable. There is a standard for all residents regarding their minimum academics prior to entering undergraduate medicine.

This forum is not the best place to look for answers for such an important question as yours. I would suggest that you send a standard letter e-mail to the State Licencing Boards, lay out your situation, and let them respond.

It wouldn't hurt to also be inquiring at the other caribbean or european schools. They may already be aware of UEIMS and have the answer for you.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.