PDA

View Full Version : defering admission

Yvonne
10-28-2004, 12:42 PM
hey guys...i know this is a question for the admn but i was wondering if ne one here has an idea..
i was admitted to join st.chris this jan but cos' of some problems in the university i'm currently attending...i dont think i can leave...n also i'm waiting for the list of licenced graduates from st.chris...
so can i tell them i wanna join in may or sep instead?will i ahve to repeat the whole admission process?can i directly join for clinicals?
thanx...

stchrisrep
10-28-2004, 04:14 PM
hey guys...i know this is a question for the admn but i was wondering if ne one here has an idea..
i was admitted to join st.chris this jan but cos' of some problems in the university i'm currently attending...i dont think i can leave...

And why not? Any student should be able to leave a school freely.

n also i'm waiting for the list of licenced graduates from st.chris...

Well, that's up to the administration to release.
The college is still young so it will be a couple more years
before we see anything.

so can i tell them i wanna join in may or sep instead?

You can do whatever you want.

will i ahve to repeat the whole admission process?

It depends on a number of factors. The administration will dictate this for you. In the past, the college has made transfers from Kigezi repeat most of their classes. Other schools (i.e. - Caribbean and Eastern European) have had better results.

can i directly join for clinicals?
thanx...

Transferring directly into clinicals requires a passing Step I score.
Please read the admission requirements here:

http://www.stchris.edu/admissions.htm

You must submit the transfer supplement form as well. It's attached to the application.

ansgenius
10-28-2004, 04:55 PM
When I asked about deferring when I first started, they said I could defer for one semester and after that I would have to reapply. You'd probably still get in again anyway. Don't know if that policy has changed. The first round of licensed grads should be done by the end of the year. Even if the school doesn't post a list, someone here will when they find out. Where would you go instead if you didn't want to do basic sciences here?

bts4202
11-26-2004, 06:31 PM
i was admitted to join st.chris this jan but cos' of some problems in the university i'm currently attending...i dont think i can leave...n also i'm waiting for the list of licenced graduates from st.chris...
so can i tell them i wanna join in may or sep instead?will i ahve to repeat the whole admission process?can i directly join for clinicals?
thanx...

I doubt they will have much problem letting you defer until May.

If you finished basic sciences at another school and transfered into clinicals, you would just need to make sure and pass the USMLE before applying.

Yvonne
12-15-2004, 01:36 AM
i know everybody is tired of this Q!
i have been deferred to May'05, so thats not a problem...but seriously i NEED to know something about licensed grads before i go to st.chris...
ANY BODY.....who can tell me ANYTHING?! :cry: :(

dontyouwonder
01-04-2005, 05:46 PM
lets see. i thought SC had been around since 1998? someone should be up this year...did SC really open in 1998? when i read through the posts on the Kigezi site BTS seemed to tell a diferent story than he/she does now.i guess maybe the charter in 2000 might have some effect on those that started in 1998. attending a school with no charter is like not attending school at all. how many students were at SC in 1998? zero? one? two?
let me repeat "try for better schools, work your way down, if SC is the only place you can go, then it doesnt matter about the list now does it!" dont worry BTS the school should be around for you to finish. but, will it be there for others? i know how this works. i watched Kigezi fall due to SC's slander, now SC will go down because they brought down Kigezi! Karma. i must be a nightmare for BTS. no site to rage back on with other screen names! :twisted:
oh, and BTS, do you get paid for all your "unbiased" posts or just the ones when you sign on as BTS420?

drzed
01-04-2005, 05:56 PM
lets see. i thought SC had been around since 1998? someone should be up this year...did SC really open in 1998? when i read through the posts on the Kigezi site BTS seemed to tell a diferent story than he/she does now.i guess maybe the charter in 2000 might have some effect on those that started in 1998. attending a school with no charter is like not attending school at all. how many students were at SC in 1998? zero? one? two?
let me repeat "try for better schools, work your way down, if SC is the only place you can go, then it doesnt matter about the list now does it!" dont worry BTS the school should be around for you to finish. but, will it be there for others? i know how this works. i watched Kigezi fall due to SC's slander, now SC will go down because they brought down Kigezi! Karma. i must be a nightmare for BTS. no site to rage back on with other screen names! :twisted:
oh, and BTS, do you get paid for all your "unbiased" posts or just the ones when you sign on as BTS420?

lol, you have some serious issues dude(tte). i think it's time to seek some good counsel. it seems as though you have lost it...i hope things get better for you.

dontyouwonder
01-04-2005, 06:07 PM
nope havent lost it. just trying to send a message. if you go to SC, you might end up working in senegal (or are you recognized there?) UK, oh wait you cant work in the UK...USA? well, maybe... 8)

ansgenius
01-04-2005, 07:18 PM
I love how you are squatting on the st chris forum. You're basically the only one enjoying the anonymity of your screen name. We know who bts is. And I wasn't aware that someone died and made you the Jesus of medical licensing. We're still waiting on licensed graduates. When you have word of some real news instead of the crap you've been posting, then you can hit me with a big fat "I told you so". Until then, try to be a little more constructive with your posts.

dontyouwonder
01-05-2005, 05:45 PM
"I told you so!" :(

ansgenius
01-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Congrats, you've got one for you. I agree that the hiring of the guy is negative but you want to show me states that have rejected our graduates? Yeah, good luck with the transition from med student to permanent valuemd resident.

sarahtarah
01-18-2005, 10:38 PM
so are there any licensed grads from st. chris anywhere in the world?

Picard
01-18-2005, 11:34 PM
Take this for whatever it's worth...

There is a Kizegi graduate in the U. of Conneticut residency program who had to start over because her former program in MA booted her out
because she was not eligible for MA licensure (? charter issue, not spending enough time in charter country?). This occured before the closure of Kizegi. Anyways, according to her, the only two states on the East coast that will "may be" license her were CT and PA, and she chose CT. Don't know what this means for SC when SC grads are up for licensure. We will see.

P

bts4202
01-19-2005, 02:19 AM

There is a Kizegi graduate in the U. of Conneticut residency program who had to start over because her former program in MA booted her out
because she was not eligible for MA licensure (? charter issue, not spending enough time in charter country?). This occured before the closure of Kizegi. Anyways, according to her, the only two states on the East coast that will "may be" license her were CT and PA, and she chose CT. Don't know what this means for SC when SC grads are up for licensure. We will see.

P

Kigezi has a licensed grad in NJ.. take that for whatever you will.

But then again, remember that Kigezi did not offer biochemistry to most of their students until only a year ago or so.. that is more likely the reason for her denial.

graduate
01-19-2005, 02:25 PM
do you know that by law the school can if they wish to post the names of the licensed graduates...

when the school states that they dont want to post due to privacy issuses.. they are just bull..............

That information in public records..

worst comes to worst look up the docs in the state website for licensed physicans and it will state the name of the schools they attended, residency locations.. and their address and where they are practiing..

bts4202
01-20-2005, 12:11 PM
do you know that by law the school can if they wish to post the names of the licensed graduates...

when the school states that they dont want to post due to privacy issuses.. they are just bull..............

That information in public records..

worst comes to worst look up the docs in the state website for licensed physicans and it will state the name of the schools they attended, residency locations.. and their address and where they are practiing..

You are absolutely right that the info is public record. But, (just to play devils advocate) that still doesn't mean that the school has to list it if they choose not to.

I don't think that is an issue at st chris though since the school is planning to release all fully licensed grads as they become approved.

stchrisrep
01-20-2005, 08:57 PM
so are there any licensed grads from st. chris anywhere in the world?

The college is still young. It is working on that.

Picard
01-21-2005, 12:25 AM
Picard wrote:

P

Kigezi has a licensed grad in NJ.. take that for whatever you will.

But then again, remember that Kigezi did not offer biochemistry to most of their students until only a year ago or so.. that is more likely the reason for her denial.

No, it wasn't because of Biochem... that could have been remedied by attending the biochem course at her previous residency-associated med school. She said it wasn't curriculum-related issue.

P

ValuelessMD
01-23-2005, 02:30 AM

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.