PDA

View Full Version : Saba university review

Harsh421
08-15-2018, 05:39 AM
I was thinking of applying to saba university for 4 year medicine course.
Can someone tell me about the university
Is it worth it
And what is the residency match rate?

VidDr
08-15-2018, 07:57 AM
Among the Caribbean schools, Saba surely is one of the better ones. But life can be tough on the islands, and you have to work hard and score well to make it coming from the Caribbean.

mambostrike5
09-25-2018, 08:24 PM
I am a current student couple semester in. I advise you to rethink coming down here for other reasons. This school has a very unorganized and failing curriculum. From semesters 1-5 our class hours are almost double that of the average med school in the caribbean or the US (check AAMC yourself and compare the credit hours listed on the school website). They barely give you any time to study. The school's president himself has shown concern about how the NMBE basic sciences comprehensive final pass rate has dropped from 80-90% to 40-50% since they changed curriculum about 2 years ago. On top of that there is a great deal of nit picky corrupt and double standard things they do down here that have screwed over so many students, I will not get into the details as you can check my countless posts on this site about those.

Also they falsely advertise as a 4 year school. Check the saba websites "gainful employment" page where it shows that this is actually a 56 month program! Which means they can fail you 2 extra semesters and put up numbers to compete with other Caribbean schools...of course they'll have better numbers when they have the advantage of 2 extra semesters! This place is run by crooks.

Please stay clear of the schools owned by R3 Education.

Leighton20
08-27-2019, 03:15 AM
I was thinking of applying to saba university for 4 year medicine course.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.