PDA

View Full Version : Shortening 6 Year Medical programmes to 4/5 Years possible?

Changski
07-31-2018, 06:07 AM
Has anyone got any knowledge regarding shortening six year programmes to 4 or 5 years by gaining credit from a previous biology/medical science degree? Has anyone here heard of any students who have successfully shortened their studies by gaining such credit?

blueoveredu
07-31-2018, 07:05 AM
Yes, I know a person who completed 2 Years part of 3 Years graduation program in India and is admitted to join 3.2 Years MBBS course in Jamaica in All American Institute of Medical Sciences (https://www.mbbs-md.com/american-institute-medical-scienceaaims-jamaica/) starting from 3rd September 2018. His Whatsapp number is +91 8005451589. Please be noted in Jamaica Medical Graduation Course duration is 4.2 Years including Internship/Clinical Rotations.

devildoc8404
08-01-2018, 05:09 AM
Has anyone got any knowledge regarding shortening six year programmes to 4 or 5 years by gaining credit from a previous biology/medical science degree? Has anyone here heard of any students who have successfully shortened their studies by gaining such credit?

Yes, it has definitely been done. However, the rules and allowances in this regard can vary so much between schools (and countries) that it behooves any applicant to speak directly with the admissions personnel at the schools s/he is considering.

I know that at some schools there have been cases where advanced standing was allowed for one student and then denied for another student.

Changski
08-03-2018, 12:07 AM
You've previously mentioned you received advanced standing, what was your previous degree that enabled this?

devildoc8404
08-03-2018, 02:48 PM
You've previously mentioned you received advanced standing, what was your previous degree that enabled this?

Associate's degree.
+
Bachelor's degree with all premedical science coursework completed.
+
Master's degree in Health Sciences with Graduate Gerontology Certification.
+
One year of US medical school.

Changski
08-08-2018, 06:12 AM
Fascinating. When applying did you simply provide you university transcripts or were you forced to dig up your highschool grades from way back? Correct me if in wrong but it appears that most Eastern European countries require a high school transcript in addition to your Uni results.

devildoc8404
08-08-2018, 12:47 PM
Fascinating. When applying did you simply provide you university transcripts or were you forced to dig up your highschool grades from way back? Correct me if in wrong but it appears that most Eastern European countries require a high school transcript in addition to your Uni results.

Yes, I needed a certified copy of my HS transcript, which was (thankfully) readily available from the school district where my now-non-existent HS was located.

I also needed to provide my university transcripts as well as a course prospectus from EVERY university class in which I wished to apply for transfer credit. I had kept almost everything, thank goodness, and some of the other courses that I took had the prospectus available on-line, but it was a huge pain in the butt and took literally months.

Note that I also did not receive credit for every single class -- there were some in which I had to take an exam, and some in which I just had to complete all (or part) of the course.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.