PDA

View Full Version : Got accepted to Semmelweis University

Cortney1111
04-28-2018, 09:38 AM
I got accepted to Semmelweis. Is there anyone else got accepted or already study there? I have a few questions

Changski
08-09-2018, 06:38 PM
Just curious but what was the appeal of Hungarian medical schools as opposed to Croatian/Romanian...? I do know Hungarian schools charge around twice as much, does this correspond to better Education though?

magnificentstars
08-10-2018, 02:40 AM
I got accepted to Semmelweis. Is there anyone else got accepted or already study there? I have a few questions

Congrats! You did great! Its one of the oldest school but ranks best among other universities in the world.

Changski
08-10-2018, 04:11 PM
Very interesting, now I know the curriculum is based on the US curriculum hence the better education standards for prospective US residency applicants.

Idktriple6
08-11-2018, 12:22 PM
Very interesting, now I know the curriculum is based on the US curriculum hence the better education standards for prospective US residency applicants.

Hungarian medical schools are not recognised by the WFME and do not follow a United States medical didactic or clinical curriculum because simply put, they are not appropriately accredited. I already explained this in another thread called "First Year Students" on the Hungarian medical school forum.

Changski
08-11-2018, 03:58 PM
Oh no, this is a big conundrum. Does the OP know this? Have they specified the reasoning for Hungarian degrees no longer being accepted?

Idktriple6
08-11-2018, 05:34 PM
Oh no, this is a big conundrum. Does the OP know this? Have they specified the reasoning for Hungarian degrees no longer being accepted?

I've had a discussion with OP about this topic in the past and I think she was looking at Hungarian dental schools and I told her I am not aware of the international accreditation for Hungarian dental schools. However, there is no specific reason as to why Hungarian medical schools do not follow a U.S. based medical curriculum. That is on the Hungarian schools and accrediting bodies themselves because the ECFMG made a worldwide announcement back in 2010 about moving forward with accreditation. So far, 8 years later there has been no update on the WFME website about the medical education accreditation agency in Hungary beginning the process for appropriate accreditation for 2023 ECFMG requirements.

Cortney1111
08-14-2018, 08:51 PM
I’ve done lots of research and found out that the Hungarian schools are the best options compared to other eastern or Central European schools if you are planning to move to us / Canada.

Idktriple6
08-15-2018, 09:32 AM
I’ve done lots of research and found out that the Hungarian schools are the best options compared to other eastern or Central European schools if you are planning to move to us / Canada.

I'm assuming you are referring to Hungarian dental schools.

Cortney1111
08-15-2018, 10:50 AM
Well both dental and medical schools . I have many friends who are doctors or dentists who graduated from Hungarian medical and dental schools and passed the board exams in the us and Canada . But had a few friends who studied in Poland and couldn’t come back to the USA

Idktriple6
08-15-2018, 11:01 AM
Well both dental and medical schools . I have many friends who are doctors or dentists who graduated from Hungarian medical and dental schools and passed the board exams in the us and Canada . But had a few friends who studied in Poland and couldn’t come back to the USA

Well come 2023 graduation year, Hungarian and Polish medical schools will no longer be an option for medical school in the future if their respective countries, medical education accreditation agencies do not get recognised and accredited by the WFME by than.

Rapamycin
08-15-2018, 12:50 PM
Well come 2023 graduation year, Hungarian and Polish medical schools will no longer be an option for medical school in the future if their respective countries, medical education accreditation agencies do not get recognised and accredited by the WFME by than.

According to what I have seen, almost none of agencies in Europe are being recognized by WFME, except the Irish one.
The rest either has no information provided or are still in application process (the french and Dutch one)
Are they all crappy to you? Even those in the Western Europe?
Are you one of the person being effected by WFME accreditation requirement?
If so, I understand why you are so neurotic. Just calm down and be professional.

If you worry about that, ask the agency and your school for help.
Also, professional player will always have their second option. Either you don't practice medicine in US, or do so in other place.

Rapamycin
08-15-2018, 01:05 PM

Although I feel "Idktriple6" is too neurotic about WFME issue, he is correct at some point.

1. Hungarian medical schools don't follow the US curriculum.
Almost every country has its own way to teach medicine, even in the EU, and thus it actually cause many dramatic issues.

2. Patients in places other than North American are also different from those in the North American.
There are lots of demographic and ethnic and other concerns. Expecting exactly the same education is unrealistic.

3. The only thing people can make sure is that they learn qualified information. You Just won't know how you will learn that.
Although Hungarian agency are not recognized by WFME, but the majority of European Schools haven't been recgonized yet by Aug 2018.
WFME is also not the only accreditation for medical school in the world. Beyond WFME, Semmeweis is approved in many different ways.
The US is also not the only god in the world ruling every aspects of medicine and other areas.

4. In conclusion, Semmelweis is qualified for teaching medicine, but is not specialized in helping students to go back US.
Also till now in Aug 2018, due to lack of WFME accreditation,
those graduates after 2023 will have no chance to be certified by ECFMG and thus no possible residency practice in US thereafter.

Idktriple6
08-15-2018, 01:06 PM
According to what I have seen, almost none of agencies in Europe are being recognized by WFME, except the Irish one.
The rest either has no information provided or are still in application process (the french and Dutch one)
Are they all crappy to you? Even those in the Western Europe?
Are you one of the person being effected by WFME accreditation requirement?
If so, I understand why you are so neurotic. Just calm down and be professional.

If you worry about that, ask the agency and your school for help.
Also, professional player will always have their second option. Either you don't practice medicine in US, or do so in other place.

Dude, calm down. You started replying to people after I explained the WFME accreditation process to you first, lol. So stop being salty because I knew about the WFME process first and explained it to you. I also am not neurotic and most likely a moderator will email you to tell you to edit your comment, so I am doing you the favour. Also I never mentioned in any of my posts that European medical schools are "crappy." I clearly mentioned the word "respective" towards European medical schools. So your a liar and you are just jealous and probably young and immature. Furthermore, you wrote "Are you one of the persons being being effected by the WFME." First of all it's "Are you one of the people being affected by the WFME. Second you called me a derogatory name "neurotic" which clearly I'm not because i can type an English paragraph and you have a hard time typing a sentence.

The only one being unprofessional is yourself because for some reason you seem jealous because I knew about this before you did. I told you about the WFME accreditation and after you said thank you for my post and than began to say it's not that important right now. Than I showed you a link to the 2010 agreement to move forward with accreditation. Than you started replying to everyone and calling me neurotic, lol.

Rapamycin
08-15-2018, 01:16 PM
Dude, calm down. You started replying to people after I explained the WFME accreditation process to you first, lol. So stop being salty because the truth hurts. I also am not neurotic and most likely a moderator will email you to tell you to edit your comment, so I am doing you the favour. Also I never mentioned in any of my post that European medical schools are "crappy." I clearly mentioned the word respective towards European medical schools. You wrote "Are you one of the persons being being effected by the WFME." First of all it's 'Are you one of the people being affected by the WFME. Second you called me a derogatory name "neurotic."

The only one being unprofessional is yourself because for some reason you seem jealous because I knew about this before you did. I told you about the WFME accreditaion and after you said thank you for my post and than began to say it's not that important right now. Than I showed you a link to the 2010 agreement to move forward with accreditation.

I think there are some misunderstanding between us.
1. I appreciate and feel thankful for your information that I didn't know before. I also think it is important to be optimistic as I said earlier.
A professional way is to have a backup plan all the time.

2. I feel you are neurotic because you statements looks very salty against various University simply because the lack of WFME accreditation.
However, the majority of European agencies are not recgonized yet as I said.
If I misunderstood you, I apologize, but please calm down.
If you really would like to help new students, share the information and tell them other way around to resolve the problem, instead just telling them how screwed the University is.

3. I think or hope we still share some of the same interests to provide right information to help others around.

Idktriple6
08-15-2018, 01:23 PM
I think there are some misunderstanding between us.
1. I appreciate and feel thankful for your information that I didn't know before. I also think it is important to be optimistic as I said earlier.
A professional way is to have a backup plan all the time.

2. I feel you are neurotic because you statements looks very salty against various University simply because the lack of WFME accreditation.
However, the majority of European agencies are not recgonized yet as I said.
If I misunderstood you, I apologize, but please calm down.
If you really would like to help new students, share the information and tell them other way around to resolve the problem, instead just telling them how screwed the University is.

3. I think or hope we still share some of the same interests to provide right information to help others around.

Being neurotic has absolutely nothing to do with feeling salty towards universities, lol. Your the only person who needs to calm down. I am not salty, I am simply stating facts and guess what...the truth hurts. So deal with it and don't call people names you don't know the meaning of and can't use in the right context. Being neurotic means I am disturbed and unstable. Like I clearly said before, I am typing coherent paragraphs and sentences to you. So instead of trying to play it off as nice this time, learn the actual definition of neurotic and stop being jealous of people.

Rapamycin
08-15-2018, 01:25 PM

I don't know the exact statistical data about that. Without professional data, I neither support nor deny that.
However, as of in Aug 2018, as said by "Idktriple6", WFME accreditation is critical for whether you can be matched to residency program in the US or not, and Hungarian schools are not recognized by this yet. (Majority European Schools except Irish ones have not been approved.)
You have to contact your school and local agency (I suppose Hungarian Accreditation Committee [HAC]) for more information and ask them to move on in solving your issues.

In the worst case, be prepared that you can't practice medicine in US.
Unlikely, IMG can practice medicine in Canada (doable but hard).
Thinking about doing that in EU, or find alternative ways.

I am optimistic about this issue and wish you the best luck. Staying positive is very important.

Rapamycin
08-15-2018, 01:35 PM
Being neurotic has absolutely nothing to do with feeling salty towards universities, lol. Your the only person who needs to calm down. I am not salty, I am simply stating facts and guess what...the truth hurts. So deal with it and don't call people names you don't know the meaning of and can't use in the right context. Being neurotic means I am disturbed and unstable. Like I clearly said before, I am typing coherent paragraphs and sentences to you. So instead of trying to play it off as nice this time, learn the actual definition of neurotic and stop being jealous of people.

I clarified enough in my last paragraph responding to you, regardless of whether you take them or not.

Again, if I misunderstood you, I apologize, but please calm down.

I think or hope we still share some of the same interests to provide right information to help others around.

If you kept concerned with the word "neurotic" that much, you are really neurotic and losing eyes to see the big picture. Calm down my friend.

Idktriple6
08-15-2018, 01:37 PM
I clarified enough in my last paragraph responding to you, regardless of whether you take them or not.

Again, if I misunderstood you, I apologize, but please calm down.

I think or hope we still share some of the same interests to provide right information to help others around.

If you kept concerned with the word "neurotic" that much, you are really neurotic and losing eyes to see the big picture. Calm down my friend.

Good one, dude. I like the effort... the only one concerned with the word neurotic is yourself because you brought it up and called me it in the first place. The reason why you're relevant on here and made any comments to people was because I initially told you about the WFME accreditation process. Just remember that, man.

Rapamycin
08-15-2018, 01:56 PM
Good one, dude. I like the effort... the only reason why you're relevant on here and made any comments to people was because I initially told you about the WFME accreditation process in the first place. Just remember that, man.

lol, I have thanked you and appreciated your information for multiple times, if you are not so concerned with the word "neurotic".
Nonetheless, providing certain information doesn't make you the god in the forum.
We all have our own unique identity, knowledge and experience. You will not be superior to other people simply because you think they "owed" you some of the information.
Just realize that, man. Being arrogant will end up being ignorant.

Again, thank you for your information and that's it.

Idktriple6
08-15-2018, 02:03 PM
lol, I have thanked you and appreciated your information for multiple times, if you are not so concerned with the word "neurotic".
Nonetheless, providing certain information doesn't make you the god in the forum.
We all have our own unique identity, knowledge and experience. You will not be superior to other people simply because you think they "owed" you some of the information.
Just realize that, man. Being arrogant will end up being ignorant.

Again, thank you for your information and that's it.

See man, that is your problem with your ego. I can tell you are very insecure. You talk like "doesn't make you the god." No one is referring to me as a God except now you and I don't consider myself a God and never will. You than say you will not be superior, so now you are referring to myself as being superior... well thanks for the compliment, lol and also say I think people "owe" me information. I don't consider myself any of those things man and nobody owes me anything my guy. I just happen to be a very smart individual with a wealth of knowledge. You really need to read your comments because they sound like they are being articulated by a jealous 16 year old with aspirations to go to medical school some day....if you can see what I mean.

Rapamycin
08-15-2018, 02:14 PM
See man, that is your problem with your ego. I can tell you are very insecure. You talk like "doesn't make you the god." No one is referring to me as a God except now you and I don't consider myself a God and never will. You than say you will not be superior, so now you are referring to myself as being superior... well thanks for the compliment, lol and also say I think people "owe" me information. I don't consider myself any of those things man and nobody owes me anything my guy. I just happen to be a very smart individual with a wealth of knowledge. You really need to read your comments because they sound like they are being articulated by a jealous 16 year old with aspirations to go to medical school some day....if you can see what I mean.

Do you know "metaphor"? You keep losing the big pictures of my words.
Again, being arrogant will end up being ignorant. Just remember that, man.

Idktriple6
08-15-2018, 02:18 PM
Do you know "metaphor"? You keep losing the big pictures of my words.
Again, being arrogant will end up being ignorant. Just remember that, man.

I thought that was it...lul. So clearly you are triggered and of course I know what a metaphor is. That has nothing to do with why you referred to me as a God and superior, lol. Which I am neither fyi. Being jealous of people after they helped you will only end up making you insecure for the rest of your life. Just remember that, man.

LisaPowell
08-16-2018, 12:37 AM
Congrats!:D How much time did it take you to get in?

Cortney1111
08-17-2018, 06:34 AM
A few days after submitting my application I got exemption from entrance exam and got accepted

Changski
08-17-2018, 11:03 PM
How were you able to gain exam exemption? Do you have a prior degree? If so were you able to gain credit and shorten the degree length?
Thanks

Cortney1111
08-18-2018, 05:30 AM
How were you able to gain exam exemption? Do you have a prior degree? If so were you able to gain credit and shorten the degree length?
Thanks

Yes I have a science degree. I’m not sure about credit transfer but i didn’t apply for it I don’t think Semmelweis offer credit transfer

Changski
08-18-2018, 04:51 PM
I'm also interested in studying Medicine in Europe but as I will already have an undergraduate degree I'm trying to find unis that would give me credit and shorten my studies. Did you provide your High School transcripts or were you accepted on the basis of our uni GPA?
All the best with your future studies!

Cortney1111
08-19-2018, 07:53 AM
I'm also interested in studying Medicine in Europe but as I will already have an undergraduate degree I'm trying to find unis that would give me credit and shorten my studies. Did you provide your High School transcripts or were you accepted on the basis of our uni GPA?
All the best with your future studies!
I think Irish schools offer 4 years program to students with a higher degree

Changski
08-20-2018, 10:14 PM
But its considerably cheaper to go to Eastern Europe than UK/Ireland.

TRD2000
10-31-2018, 12:29 AM
HI Cortney ,

congrats on your admission into Semmelweis university .

I am studying A level - IGCSE cambridge board at Nairobi, Kenya with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths . I want to pursue career in medical or dentistry . does the university have medical/ dentistry courses in english language .

Also kindly inform me if I have to learn Hungarian language while studying medical . I came to know that it is mandatory to learn and give exams for Hungarian language also.

Thanking you in advance .

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.