PDA

View Full Version : choosing MED SCHOOL & preparatory courses

sofason
12-17-2017, 01:27 PM
Hi!
I'm a 3rd year MS currently studying in a non-EU (Russian) med school & I'm about to leave it Basically, due to several reasons:

the program differs from EU standard way too much
lack of study materials they give us
useless lectures + useless practical classes (I've forgotten about good teaching :noidea:)
diploma not valid in EU
EU med schools don't accept transfers from my university, so I have to start from the 1st year (I'm fine with that !)

I'm only 19 yo

I plan to quit 'officially' in Jan 2019 & I need to decide what med school to choose & where :D
Important for me:

entrance exams (no physics please! only bio & chem :D)
distance from home country (e.g. Poland is the best in terms of that)
cost (the US is too pricey for me & too far away, but 10-16 thousand $ / year would be fine)

My goal is to get admitted to a 6-year MD program in English
I consider attending a 1-year preparatory course (in terms of adaptation + if it helps me to get into the desired university) :?::?::?:
Maybe preparing for entrance exams myself, as I'll be free from January-February 19' and exams start in early summer :confused:

I would really appreciate any help & suggestions,
Thank you :lol:

Edu
01-05-2018, 03:24 PM
Hello,

I'm currently enrolled in a Russian Medical School as a 1st year student, and I'm quite disappointed with how the things work around here, I am looking forward to transfer to Sechenov, in Moscow, or somewhere else in Europe. I'm considering Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland or anywhere else where I can find a good quality of education for around 16K U$. I would like to have a conversation with you, so we can share our thoughts and experiences, moreover, also help each other.

Thanks for your attention,

Best regards,

Eduardo

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.