PDA

View Full Version : Not what I expected

VictoryMD
08-31-2016, 11:51 PM
I started on May of this year, and I am now in 2nd semester. My impression of 1st semester is:

Gross Anat: corrupted faculty, forces you to buy an app from the Apple Store the woman and her husband makes, and tells what comes in the NBME shelf.

Histo: both profs make the course too difficult, as if both ignored Histo is worthless

EBM: too disorganized an unimportant

PD: like a first aid course for housewives

I hope this semester is better!

Med grad
09-04-2016, 08:41 PM
If you had spent a little money on a plane ticket and sat in classes before enrolling, maybe you would not be as shocked as you are now!

axiomofchoice
09-05-2016, 09:58 AM
So what makes anatomy too hard? Do they expect you to know every structure? Are test questions secondary (i.e ask about relationship of structures to each other, clinical correlations etc.)

Out of all topics in medical school - anatomy is the most standard you'll see....

It seems like with EBM and PD being a joke as you say - you should have plenty of time to properly learn human anatomy.....

caribmedstudent5
09-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Two professors teach gross anatomy at SMU. Both have significantly different teaching and testing styles. Dr. Rao is a PhD in anatomy so he asks questions very specific to structure (origin, insertion, etc). Dr. Bulgova an MD asks more clinically based questions. Classes aren't "too hard" as you say, however, there is little to no consistency with teaching and testing. A common trend throughout basic sciences at St. Matthew's.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.