PDA

View Full Version : Residency/Specialization

JuliaIiyambo
05-24-2016, 06:14 AM
Hello ☺
I'm a 4rth year medical student,5th year this coming September 2016,in kursk state medial university,russia. I would like to do my residency in the UK respectively. I would also like to be working as a doctor with pay if that's possible,I don't know if that can happen simultaneously though...
I would like to know the procedures of what exactly happens and what I have to do after I complete my 6th year here in russia.
I'm Namibian btw
Can anybody be of assistance?

Tricuspid
06-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Unfortunately its not possible, Russia is a non-EU medical school and you aren't an EU citizen, which means the UK is completely shut to you. Sorry to bring bad news.

LilyAsh
08-09-2016, 12:19 PM
"Completely shut" is overly pessimistic. I wouldn't say completely shut. I study in a third-tier non-EU medical school and know many non-EU alumni who have made it to residency programs in the UK. Maybe "competitive" would be a more accurate way to describe it. It's definitely not impossible.

Tricuspid
09-15-2016, 11:46 AM
"Completely shut" is overly pessimistic. I wouldn't say completely shut. I study in a third-tier non-EU medical school and know many non-EU alumni who have made it to residency programs in the UK. Maybe "competitive" would be a more accurate way to describe it. It's definitely not impossible.

Could you give me more information, this would be news to me for sure. Considering the UK currently has an oversupply of local medical students and foundation doctors applying for its specialty positions it would be hard for me to imagine logically that they would also take people from outside the EU who don't have EU citizenship.

icc95
10-03-2016, 10:49 AM
I heard before of an Egyptian guy who made it in the UK after graduating from the middle east.

tillcoll
08-31-2018, 03:43 PM
try to find out, maybe there are interships from your uni to uk
also there are a lot of different programs, try to google ones, i'm sure there should be some

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.