PDA

View Full Version : International Medical Graduate applying for F1/F2 in UK

Sanher
03-27-2016, 07:57 PM
Hi,
As you may have noticed I'm trying to decide where to continue my medical training after I graduate from med school in Uruguay.
As for now, I am considering Switzerland and the UK.
I have EU citizenship, but my degree is from a non-EU country.
I checked with the GMC and they actually find my medical school acceptable and are able to certificate my medical degree. After that, I'm required to take an english exam, and the PLAB (part1 and 2).
What should I do then?
Is it difficult for a foreigner to get into a Foundation 1 or 2 position in the UK?

NelumG
03-26-2017, 02:07 AM
If you are a EU citizen you can apply for the UKFP even though your degree is frpm a non EU country However as soon as Teresa May triggers Article 50 there may be some changes Please check with GMC
You can apply for UK FP F!Y even before you do your PLA B Applications For the Foundation Programme are available via the UKFP programme web site However remember you cannot have done any form of residency/internship if you are applying to the foundation programme . Once your application is accepted and processed and as soon as you qualify from your medical school which is approved by the GMC you can make an application to sit the PLAB exams . YOu have to pass PLAB1 to be eligible to sit PLAB2 the Clinical potion of the exam.
There are some excellent private programmes which coach you for these exams. Check websits for PLAB UK exam and you will find them

Good luck

Be guided by GMC at all times you can phone them on most days and some one will give you relaible information and guide you through the process.
Hi,
As you may have noticed I'm trying to decide where to continue my medical training after I graduate from med school in Uruguay.
As for now, I am considering Switzerland and the UK.
I have EU citizenship, but my degree is from a non-EU country.
I checked with the GMC and they actually find my medical school acceptable and are able to certificate my medical degree. After that, I'm required to take an english exam, and the PLAB (part1 and 2).
What should I do then?
Is it difficult for a foreigner to get into a Foundation 1 or 2 position in the UK?

kalyanbabu
11-09-2017, 11:33 PM
im a indian pharm.D student.how can i join in MD in uk..plz tell me the procedure..
do i need to write any entrance test

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.