PDA

View Full Version : AUA Bridge to MD or Barry University 18 months MBS

Mickeydog2
03-23-2016, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone,

So i have been accepted to Barry University for their 18 months MBS program and just got accepted to AUA's Bridge to MD 4 months program. I'm very confused, since I dont know which one to choose. They both seem to have great benefits, but wanted to see if anyone has been in any of these programs and what do you have to say about them?

paula901
04-26-2016, 09:20 AM
I also got accepted to the bridge program, and I also got my bachelors at Barry. The reason why I did not want to do the 18th months master program is because I think its too long and also I don't mind going to a Caribbean school. If your aim is to stay in the states I say do the 18 month program and then apply to a med school here. If you want the Caribbean do the bridge program because at least you are getting 4 months to prep before you enter the med school and it gives you head start.

Hopefully this helps.

Torontomed
04-26-2016, 11:32 AM
To get into MD/DO schools, you're supposed to do a real SMP where you take med school classes alongside med students. Barry masters is great for Dental kids, but not so much if your goal is med school. If your goal is med school, there are many better/cheaper options out there.
For DO, masters isn't even necessary to be honest. Just retake your C's/D's/F's in an university and use the AACOMAS grade forgiveness policy.
In any case, i'd hold off on AUA and try my luck for a couple of cycles in US before going abroad.

Good luck!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.