PDA

View Full Version : Semmelweis vs Charles

Shivang26
02-28-2016, 02:19 AM
I have just been admitted to Charles University in Prague. I might also get in Semmelweis in the upcoming month. Which should I go for ? I have heard Budapest is a better city for students as Prague is always crowded and touristy. And also Semmelweis has a better rank in the Medicine. But Semmelweis has oral exams which I don't have any experience with. Seriously, which should i go for ?

afid
03-22-2016, 09:02 PM
Hello Shivang26,

I have been admitted to Semmelweis University. Budapest is a very nice city but I don't know anyone who studies at Semmelweis who actually has the time to enjoy the city to the fullest. Most of them are stressed the whole time. A lot of pressure and those oral exams can be quite intense. So start working on getting some hard skin in order to survive if you go there.

I know very little about Charles University but the city is impossible in the summer time. Way too many people.

Semmelweis ranks higher but the tuition fees are also way higher. Is it worth it? No idea.

I was accepted in Gdansk as well and at this point I am very keen to accept my place there rather than at Semmelweis (40.000€ difference in study fees is something I MUST consider).

Good luck with your decision. No matter where you end up, don't look behind. :p

phenyleeleenine
09-05-2016, 09:44 AM
.......:......

Karriewoods22
11-14-2018, 11:19 AM
Hello there! I am looking to applying for both Charles University and Semmelweis University next year and have started preparing myself for both exams. I am really hoping to get any advice in terms of preparing for the exam. I can see that Charles University has recommended some books on their website to help applicants study for their entry exam. But I could not find any academic books or source recommendations from Semmelweis. Could you kindly recommend me any studying materials for Semmelweis perhaps?? It would be more than appreciated! Also, my other question is, which entry examination did you find to be more difficult when you applied for both?? What would your advice be in terms of preparing for both interviews? So sorry for the bother but I am quite anxious and would really appreciate any advice or recommendations! Thank you so much in advance.

clara cleren
02-11-2019, 11:15 AM
Hello, Semmelweis is a perfect option and Budapest is an amazing city I went there last year on a vacation and it's really nice, and Semmelweis university has a very good reputation. I highly recommend you go there :)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.