PDA

View Full Version : Failed cs plz help

Drred7
01-22-2016, 05:19 AM
Hello fellow doctors! I am an img .. With a step 1 score of 224 and step 2 ck score of 223.. I failed ice part of cs .. It's tearing me apart! What are my chances of matching in IM! Yog 2015

axiomofchoice
01-23-2016, 05:51 PM
Are you a US citizen. Do you speak english? What are you applying to. Failed CS is probably one of the biggest/reddest flags....

Drred7
01-23-2016, 10:10 PM
Are you a US citizen. Do you speak english? What are you applying to. Failed CS is probably one of the biggest/reddest flags....

Hello axiomofchoice.. Thank you for the reply . I am not a U.S. Citizen.. I speak English.. I was planning to take step3 and apply for a residency in internal medicine .. I have 2 months Of USCE and 2LOR s , also have 2published research papers and one poster presentation.. I understand that Cs fail is a red flag and that it is going to hurt my chances in the match .i wanted to know if it is wise to go ahead with internal medicine with those scores and an attempt on cs or if I should concentrate on some other speciality 😔

axiomofchoice
01-24-2016, 01:40 PM
Well the only specialty thats arguably less competitive is family medicine. So I would suggest adding FM to the IM application. Unfortunately there's no undoing the CS failure. Just make sure you have a passing result before you apply.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.