PDA

View Full Version : Attention prospective students

CaribbeanStudentDr
01-20-2016, 11:19 AM
I am currently a CMU student who has completed my basic sciences on the island and is currently studying for my Step 1 exam. As someone who has attended the school from the first semester of basic science, CMU had prepared me extremely well not only for the USMLE exam, but to be a great doctor. Some of the intangibles that you don't learn from a book were very elequently taught to me at CMU. Patient care and empathy were two skills that I learned first hand during my stay at CMU with the mobile clinics. The mobile clinics allowed us basic science students to practice real patient interaction with the locals on the island. This was one of the many rewarding experiences I've been privileged to receive at CMU.

One of the reasons why I (A US Citizen) chose CMU over the traditional route was due to the low tuition costs which are a fraction of what a US MD or DO school would cost me. If you are interested in attending this school, consider using the code "IG2523" on your application. This will not only WAVE your application fee, you will receive a $1000 discount on your tuition if you chose to fully attend CMU. This code is from the CMU Student Referal Program.

Take it from someone who is currently in the process of receiving their MD from CMU, CMU is the real deal and is easily the most bang for your buck when it comes to medical schools. Excellent staff and excellent teachers are what made my time at CMU very rewarding.

Once again, the code to get your application fee waved AND get $1000 OFF your future tuition bill if you attend is IG2523. If you do use this code please DIRECT MESSAGE me on here for confirmation. If you have any questions about the school, island, or clinicals, please do not hesitate to message me.

Good luck future Doctors!

don1
01-20-2016, 05:30 PM
How do you know if the school prepared you well if you haven't written step 1 yet, did any clinical rotations or most importantly got into residency? Even after getting into residency, the quality of education and a persons ability to learn and apply medical knowledge really shows on their patient care. I'm not debating the strength of your academic training but that you still have a way to go before reflecting and saying things like CMU prepared you to be a "great doctor".

I am currently a CMU student who has completed my basic sciences on the island and is currently studying for my Step 1 exam. As someone who has attended the school from the first semester of basic science, CMU had prepared me extremely well not only for the USMLE exam, but to be a great doctor. Some of the intangibles that you don't learn from a book were very elequently taught to me at CMU. Patient care and empathy were two skills that I learned first hand during my stay at CMU with the mobile clinics. The mobile clinics allowed us basic science students to practice real patient interaction with the locals on the island. This was one of the many rewarding experiences I've been privileged to receive at CMU.

One of the reasons why I (A US Citizen) chose CMU over the traditional route was due to the low tuition costs which are a fraction of what a US MD or DO school would cost me. If you are interested in attending this school, consider using the code "IG2523" on your application. This will not only WAVE your application fee, you will receive a $1000 discount on your tuition if you chose to fully attend CMU. This code is from the CMU Student Referal Program.

Take it from someone who is currently in the process of receiving their MD from CMU, CMU is the real deal and is easily the most bang for your buck when it comes to medical schools. Excellent staff and excellent teachers are what made my time at CMU very rewarding.

Once again, the code to get your application fee waved AND get $1000 OFF your future tuition bill if you attend is IG2523. If you have any questions about the school, island, or clinicals, please do not hesitate to message me.

CaribbeanStudentDr
01-20-2016, 09:17 PM
Well you get an accurate idea about your readiness for step 1 based on NBME examinations. I may not have taken step 1 yet, but I believe my scores on practice tests have reflected how CMU greatly prepared me in basic sciences. As far as clinicals and patient care goes, the experiences I've received on the island really put everything in perspective for me. When I say great doctor- obviously I don't mean it in the literal aspect (I need my degree to say that). I mean it in the aspect of understanding the crucial fields of patient care such as empathy, communication, and application of knowledge. Those three things are what I received from CMU along with basic science education. Yes, patient care will be amplified during clinicals;however, the mobile clinics and clinic visits during the last semester gave me that "pre-clinical" experience. Now, obviously residency is extremely important. However, as for any foreign medical school- you need to score well and have good character to get your foot in the door. Just because I haven't graduated or got to a certain point in my training doesn't mean I can't express to prospective students why I found CMU to be a great school.

That is why I find it acceptable for my reflection of why CMU prepared me to become a "great doctor", but I do appreciate your input.

Cheers

Torontomed
01-20-2016, 09:51 PM
How do you know if the school prepared you well if you haven't written step 1 yet, did any clinical rotations or most importantly got into residency? Even after getting into residency, the quality of education and a persons ability to learn and apply medical knowledge really shows on their patient care. I'm not debating the strength of your academic training but that you still have a way to go before reflecting and saying things like CMU prepared you to be a "great doctor".

You should probably "WAVE" your right to your valuemd membership if you couldn't distinguish between a sales pitch and a genuine post after so many years :p Come on now.
Sorry. Couldn't resist!

don1
01-21-2016, 07:06 AM
point taken. i know, I couldn't resist either.

You should probably "WAVE" your right to your valuemd membership if you couldn't distinguish between a sales pitch and a genuine post after so many years :p Come on now.
Sorry. Couldn't resist!

CaribbeanStudentDr
02-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Who ever uses the code IG2523 to waive their application fee and get $1000 off their first semesters tuition, please make sure to send me a direct message to confirm! Thank you!

Doc
02-10-2016, 02:21 PM
If you are interested in attending this school, consider using the code "IG2523" on your application. This will not only WAVE your application fee, you will receive a $1000 discount on your tuition if you chose to fully attend CMU. This code is from the CMU Student Referal Program.

Once again, the code to get your application fee waved AND get $1000 OFF your future tuition bill if you attend is IG2523. If you do use this code please DIRECT MESSAGE me on here for confirmation.

Who ever uses the code IG2523 to waive their application fee and get $1000 off their first semesters tuition, please make sure to send me a direct message to confirm! Thank you!

CaribbeanStudentDr:

The above quotes are the reason people are questioning your motives. In fact, I'm debating whether to move this thread to the CMU Free Classifieds Forum, except that I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt (bumping the thread with a reminder to use the code is not helping your case). If you want to share your experience and tell why you believe your school is good, I'd advise doing so without including your student referral code. I realize you may not get as much credit for doing so, but if your intentions are truly to help others, that shouldn't matter.

Best of luck in your studies!

Medstudentsrus
03-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Hi!
I'm interested in transferring to CMU. It won't let me direct message you yet because I have not posted 5 posts yet. But I would love to ask you some questions about the rotations and your experiences with them.

Thanks!

CaribbeanStudentDr
03-20-2016, 07:21 AM
Sure, I'm only a 2nd year right now but I'll be happy to try to answer any questions you have. I just PMed you. If you didn't get it lemme know so I can just post the info here.

Thanks

shannkenoyer
04-15-2016, 05:53 PM
Do they have federal financial aid yet? And what is the culture like in Curacao? Is there a lot of crime?

CaribbeanStudentDr
04-15-2016, 06:34 PM
I don't believe they have federal aid yet (at least in the US). I think there is a 10 year rule before a medical school can apply for federal aid but I could be wrong. The culture in Curaçao is pretty modern and comprised of mostly Dutch and locals. Pretty much everythings is accessible over there. I was on the island from the start of MD 1 and have not had any problems with crime. The area is mostly a tourist grounds with hotels and resorts literally down the street from campus.

Hopefullpremed92
06-28-2016, 11:58 PM
Do you know if there are any student loans available from this school ?

Med grad
06-29-2016, 09:48 AM
Do you know if there are any student loans available from this school ?

The right question to ask is does this school have any residents? There are none listed on their website except that they are applying for "NY approval next year"! That statement has been there for years.

Do your own research before worrying about financial aid and that goes for any school. Because at the end of the day the school you are not considering may not be worth attending even if they have student loan.

CMU
06-29-2016, 05:39 PM
I agree and you should do your own research and to answer your questions: Yes CMU does have residents and you can find more information on our website at CMU Residency Placement (http://www.cmumed.org/academics/residency.htm#placement).
CMU's USMLE passing rates are one of the highest among Caribbean med schools. http://www.cmumed.org/news/content/16/05-25.htm
Im not sure where you saw NY approval next year.

humamian
09-06-2016, 08:03 AM

Once again, the code to get your application fee waved AND get $1000 OFF your future tuition bill if you attend is IG2523. If you do use this code please DIRECT MESSAGE me on here for confirmation. If you have any questions about the school, island, or clinicals, please do not hesitate to message me.

please PM me

The_Truth_Will_Set_U_Free
09-21-2016, 07:48 PM
This post is a fake. Sorry to bust that cherry. Yes it is a fraction of the cost of US schools but the headache that comes with this school is enormous and not worth it. If you people did the right thing (which you won't) you would not have to come on here posing to be a satisfied student.

Drserb89
10-31-2016, 05:48 AM
Hi I am interest in CMU but I'm not sure requirements for being place in MD1 semester? Where can Find such informations? Thanks

CMU-ADM
10-31-2016, 12:48 PM
Hello Drserb89,

The requirements for the MD program: CMU | Medical School Admissions Requirements (http://www.cmumed.org/admission/requirements.htm#md)

If you need anything else, please contact admissions: Caribbean Medical University School of Medicine Contact Information (http://www.cmumed.org/contactus/index.htm) - please scroll down for contact information.

Thank you for contacting us!

DokotelaYYC
03-14-2017, 11:57 AM
I also wanted to send a direct message but I don't have the requisite 5 posts just yet. Is your discount code still valid and I have a few questions I'd like to pose to you about the school and island life. Thanks

CaribbeanStudentDr
03-14-2017, 12:09 PM
Yes! The code is still active. Please feel free to contact me at (dm0cfwax @ gmail . com) for any questions you may have!

hulk2356
03-01-2018, 11:56 AM
dont count on getting yoru discounts with the school telling people to use there own. but good school right? graduating soon?waived usmle too?

hulk2356
03-01-2018, 11:57 AM
the quality just keeps getting better here. MD in admissions, academics, dean. Maybe the ceo should be md too.

Idktriple6
05-15-2018, 01:07 PM
Except for the fact that CMU is not "appropriately" accredited yet. Therefore, it does not fulfil the new ECFMG 2023 requirements.

LinkMD
05-15-2018, 01:41 PM
One of the reasons why I (A US Citizen) chose CMU over the traditional route was due to the low tuition costs which are a fraction of what a US MD or DO school would cost me.

No-one chooses to go to a Caribbean med school over a US Allopathic program... if they did it would be extremely foolish, however - they certainly would not choose CMU over the more established schools where you can practice in all 50-states (no offense to CMU).

The fact that people continue to claim that they "chose Caribbean MD vs US MD" is astonishing.

hulk2356
05-30-2018, 09:54 AM
its sarcastic man.
whats up with admisisons, sent people to talk there and parents arent impressed with a doc in admissions. come on, you get yr md and work in admission? a joke, major redflag for them, this md person they tell me she tells them to apply and not answer questions first lol like sure they will. sure apply blindly.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.