PDA

View Full Version : Anyone care to share their program final costs?

CanadianEh
01-11-2016, 01:30 AM
I'm in the process of figuring out the financials for going to Saba in May. Does anyone have an estimated total cost including tuition they would care to share?

Lionceau
01-12-2016, 07:33 PM
I'm in the process of figuring out the financials for going to Saba in May. Does anyone have an estimated total cost including tuition they would care to share?

If you go to saba.edu and on the upper right hand side click on the "program integrity" link, it'll have the financials listed.

CanadianEh
01-13-2016, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the reply. I did do that, but from how I interpret it it's a low estimate and doesn't include travel costs, vehicle, or other misc expenses.

4jm77
01-24-2016, 05:21 PM
Hey so I"m just finishing up fourth year and went back through my expenses, overall I spent ~$220k CAD (although our dollar wasn't too bad for a lot of it). In US dollars I spent about $132 thousand on tuition, they don't advertise it but you have to pay extra for most of your electives, usually ~$1000 for electives at their sites, I did a handful at other sites which were cheaper though. I also spent ~$24 thousand on rent over the four years, but that number would be highly variable depending on where you live on island and during rotations. Then things like board exams, and residency applications are gonna cost you another couple thousand.

axiomofchoice
01-24-2016, 08:35 PM
Remember that tuition keeps going up. I was on the island in 2009 and my first semester tuition cost me about 8K and change. Its up to 14K plus fees. Nevertheless, I still think SABA give you a great shot at a reasonable price.

I have to say, I expected tuition to sky rocket when the govt loans became available. Kudos to them...

devildoc8404
01-26-2016, 05:53 AM
I have to say, I expected tuition to sky rocket when the govt loans became available. Kudos to them...

It didn't?! That is amazing. Respect to the SABA folks.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.