PDA

View Full Version : University of Bogomolets Ukraine

Qudsiyahmalik
12-21-2015, 07:08 PM
Hello ,
I would like to apply for a cheap medical university in Europe that is cheap and secure plus the degree is known all over the world .
Is university of Bogomolets a good choice ? :)
If not , give other choices too .

devildoc8404
12-22-2015, 11:24 AM
Tuition in Germany is much cheaper, if you can get accepted. The German academic degrees are significantly better-recognized than anything from the Ukraine.

Qudsiyahmalik
12-22-2015, 11:57 AM
Tuition in Germany is much cheaper, if you can get accepted. The German academic degrees are significantly better-recognized than anything from the Ukraine.
May I know some good universities ? And a way to apply?

devildoc8404
12-22-2015, 12:13 PM
All the medical universities in Germany are "good." The quality of medical education there is world class. You need to be a very good applicant, and you need to speak German at an appropriate level.

Application requires:
1) passing the DSH (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang) or the TestDaF (Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache) German language test
2) a secondary school diploma from your country
3) a completed application
4) for some countries (I have no idea which) an applicant needs to show proof of passed university entrance exams back home or a couple years of university study

Good luck.

Morann
02-04-2016, 07:04 AM
Yes, it's very nice university in Ukraine.

Qudsiyahmalik
02-19-2016, 03:15 PM
Really ? :)
Thankyou for the reply .
Then I should be going for this option

devildoc8404
02-19-2016, 05:06 PM
That is all that it took for you to decide on attending Bogomolets for medical school? "Yes, it's very nice university in Ukraine."

Wow, perhaps I misunderstood you. My understanding was that you wanted a medical university that was:
1) in Europe
2) cheap
3) secure
and 4) offering a degree that is known all over the world.

Is that right? Well, let's look at the answers to those criteria:

1) No. (The Ukraine is not part of the European Union, so that means that EU countries do not automatically accept the diploma. Ukraine is geographically Europe-ish, but it is NOT in the EU. Be careful with that, many recruiters for Ukraine will play up the European card without mentioning the lack of an EU credential at graduation.)

2) Yes. (OK, I do not have information on Bogomolets specifically, but based on other Ukrainian universities, I am sure that it is quite cheap.)

3) Hell no! (Have you read the news recently about Ukraine? "Secure" does not currently apply there, not by a long shot.)

4) Maybe. (I am giggling because I have to keep checking how to spell "Bogomolets." It is not really "internationally-renowned," although it seems well-respected within its sphere, and the degree -- especially in an English-speaking program -- may face issues being accepted elsewhere in the world.)

With that said, having just briefly checked their website, I see the following potential positive points:

- location in Kiev. Not necessarily the safest place in the world right now, but a cool city.
- the first medical school I have ever seen where students and faculty actually appear to wear jaunty chef's hats in lectures and in clinic. Awesome.
- an absolutely first-rate medical school crest.
- they claim a relationship with several well-respected universities in other countries, including Iowa (!) and UAB in the USA. (If true, that is a darn sight better than anything my medical school had.)

Regardless, I would recommend doing a hell of a lot of research on your own, as well as taking a visit to Kiev... and not relying on one anonymous person who checked in with an off-hand, seven-word recommendation of the school as "very nice."

Just my .02.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.