PDA

View Full Version : Best Medical School in UK

graags12
12-11-2015, 06:10 AM
As I think the best medical education can only get in UK, because of their quality of studing. Which is the best medical school in UK?

Tricuspid
01-24-2016, 12:32 AM
There is no best medical school in the UK. All UK schools are accredited by the GMC and deliver the same high quality education and all are extremely competitive.

devildoc8404
01-24-2016, 05:18 AM
With that said, a CV will look a lot different with a degree from Oxford or Cambridge listed on it, than one from Keele or Pensinsula. Just saying. :)

devildoc8404
01-24-2016, 09:37 AM
As I think the best medical education can only get in UK, because of their quality of studing. Which is the best medical school in UK?

The UK is great, but ONLY in the UK? Nonsense. Other options with excellent medical school training include:

Germany
United States
Canada
France
Belgium
Sweden
Republic of Ireland (not Northern Ireland, and not UK)
Switzerland
Holland
et cetera...

airwick
02-02-2016, 08:04 PM
The UK is great, but ONLY in the UK? Nonsense. Other options with excellent medical school training include:

Germany
United States
Canada
France
Belgium
Sweden
Republic of Ireland (not Northern Ireland, and not UK)
Switzerland
Holland
et cetera...

Do you know of any medical schools in those countries that offers a full scholarship for foreign students? I am from the Philippines with a bachelor's degree, and I'm really interested in joining a medical school that will give me better opportunities to practice abroad, but education and living cost in those countries are very expensive compared to Philippines! :(

devildoc8404
02-03-2016, 12:26 PM
Nope.

If you are a non-EU citizen, Europe is an extremely unlikely destination for a scholarship. (Granted, the tuition costs in Germany -- and some other countries in Europe -- are extremely low... but living expenses will not be anywhere close to the Philippines.) North America is essentially out, period, since you do not have a US or Canadian bachelor's degree, or MCAT scores. Working overseas after graduating from medical school in the Philippines is probably your best bet, to be honest, considering the fiscal considerations here... there are training and practice options overseas as long as you are a strong student who can pass the requisite examinations and match into a residency after graduation.

There are no guarantees, though. Remember that the international requirements change all the time, and you are responsible for keeping abreast of the regulations and likelihoods for practice as a foreigner in every country that interests you.

Above all, you will need to work your butt off and prepare both intelligently and comprehensively. Good luck to you.

KateH
04-10-2019, 07:06 AM
Absolutely agree with your opinion. Because my sister is studying there and she has already been offered a job. Training at the highest level.
medical research topic (https://papercoach.net/blog/cant-decide-on-a-research-topic-try-our-iterative-approach) for you.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.