PDA

View Full Version : BTMD Program February 2016

Patsfan2000
10-25-2015, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone!!

So I received acceptance to the February 2016 BTMD program! I have been told that there are about 20 people so far in the program for February and I would just like to reach out to see if any of you would like to form a solid study group before we start. I happen to work in a hospital with a alumni from AUA and have heard great things about the school; so I look forward to meeting great people, passing the BTMD program and start AUA in the fall of 2016! Also, I read some good information about the BTMD program from the BTMD program 2015 thread. However, please feel free to add any additional information about the program here, to anyone else who has gone through the program. Thanks!!

Hopeful101
12-30-2015, 12:14 PM
Hey!
I got into the spring 2016 BTMD program? So far from reading blogs, I feel that its better to study ahead, and get a grasp of the material before starting classes.
Where are you from, anywhere in the GTA?

Icewawda10
01-01-2016, 01:29 AM
Hey friends!

I'll be joining the spring 2016 BTMD as well. I currently live in Austin Tx. I have a friend who completed BTMD and he said that we will be ahead of the pack upon entry into med school. I would like to reassure that you'll have received the ISBN # for the books we will be using during this program. I too am looking to begin studying ASAP.

1. Clinical Neuroanatomy, 7th Edition, Richard S. Snell Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. ISBN‐13: 978‐0781794275.

2. Medical Biochemistry, 4th Edition, John W. Baynes and Marek H. Dominiczak. Publisher: Mosby, Elsevier. IBSN 978‐1‐4557‐4580‐7.

3. Physiology, 5th edition, Linda S. Costanzo. Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences. ISBN: 978‐1‐4557‐0847‐5.

Kind regards,
Eric

Sairam12
01-02-2016, 08:20 PM
Hey guys! I am a little confused. Couple days ago I got an email and a call/voicemail saying that I have been offered a seat in the BTMD program this February. But I received a rejection letter from AUA saying that I have been rejected. Is this the case for you guys too? Please let me know ASAP. Thanks and congrats all!

Icewawda10
01-02-2016, 10:59 PM
Hello sairam12,

It was a similar case for me as well. I was offered btmd over the phone but days later received a rejection letter for " direct admission. If you would like to join us in the btmd program, you will need to call admission office to confirm you seat and also leave a security deposit to hold your position. If you can't get in touch with anyone, you can contact [email protected] .org and she will walk you thru confirming your seat. Congratulations on your offered position as would be glad to have you aboard. Hope this was helpful.

Kind regards,
Eric

Sairam12
01-03-2016, 12:00 PM
Hello sairam12,

It was a similar case for me as well. I was offered btmd over the phone but days later received a rejection letter for " direct admission. If you would like to join us in the btmd program, you will need to call admission office to confirm you seat and also leave a security deposit to hold your position. If you can't get in touch with anyone, you can contact [email protected] .org and she will walk you thru confirming your seat. Congratulations on your offered position as would be glad to have you aboard. Hope this was helpful.

Kind regards,
Eric

See that's what I am confused about. I received a letter yesterday in the mail but the actual date on it was December 22. I got the email and call offer days later. I am thinking (and praying) that they changed their mind and decided to offer me the BTMD seat after already sending me the rejection letter. I know I can call and ask them directly but i have to wait until the weekday and my anxiety is going over the roof now. So I thought I would ask the fellow applicants first. Thank you for the advice though!

dhermon
01-04-2016, 04:57 AM
Congratulations on your acceptances! If your letter mentions BTMD then the committee has already reviewed your application for that program already and offered you a seat. It's a two step review process, so if your letter did not mention BTMD but you received a phone call about the program that likely indicates that your letter was sent between the first and second review and you'll receive a new letter with the BTMD acceptance.

Sairam12
01-04-2016, 02:19 PM
Congratulations on your acceptances! If your letter mentions BTMD then the committee has already reviewed your application for that program already and offered you a seat. It's a two step review process, so if your letter did not mention BTMD but you received a phone call about the program that likely indicates that your letter was sent between the first and second review and you'll receive a new letter with the BTMD acceptance.

Oh ok. That clears my confusion! Thank you so much for the clarification!

Sairam12
01-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Another question, how are you guys paying for the BTMD tuition and other fees. Federal loans don't cover this program. So private loans are the only option, but I am not sure which private loans are the best to get. Any suggestions? Thank you!

classylady712
06-10-2016, 11:07 PM
How was the BTMD? I am considering going into the program Fall 2016

Luvei
11-19-2016, 07:37 PM
How was the program ? I was offer a seat for Feb 2017. Any inside as far as to what to expect ? Thank you !

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.