PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone transferred medical schools then registered with the GMC?

frix15
10-18-2015, 12:38 PM
Hi guys, I need your help please, has anyone transferred medical schools and then successfully registered with the GMC? If so what year did u transfer in? Ive been asked to withdraw from my course and wanted to transfer to europe to finish, but i want to be able to register with GMC afterwards

doodleface
10-30-2015, 05:52 PM
Hi,

I looked into this situation and a few people did manage to register with the GMC after transferring as long as they completed no more than 50% of their course, for example if you are asked to withdraw from the course in the 5th year in the UK, then the maximum you can transfer to in Europe is the 4th year (of a 6 year course, or the 3rd year of a 5 year course) to ensure that you have completed at least 50% of your course at the University you transfer into.

I am extremely interested in knowing any University which accepts transfer students as I am in a similar situation and would love to know options for where I can go from a UK school, looking for help for any University in the EU that will accept a transfer student into the 4th year.

Thanks

candyswift
12-30-2015, 12:35 AM
Wish you good luck!

kitkat291
10-16-2017, 11:19 AM
hi doodleface & frix15

I have found myself in a similar situation now (withdrawn from a UK medschool with just final year to go). I was wondering if either of you had any luck transferring medical schools, and did this affect your GMC registration? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially in terms of which european medical schools are most likely to accept transfers into later years? Thanks in advance :)

frix15
09-19-2018, 04:11 AM
So sorry for the late reply, University of Pavia, in italy
And GMC registration took 3.5 months but it all worked out :)

hi doodleface & frix15

I have found myself in a similar situation now (withdrawn from a UK medschool with just final year to go). I was wondering if either of you had any luck transferring medical schools, and did this affect your GMC registration? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially in terms of which european medical schools are most likely to accept transfers into later years? Thanks in advance :)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.