PDA

View Full Version : Tell me your reviews about Slovak Universities , please !

promed123
08-22-2015, 08:29 PM
Hello Everybody !

I am igor and actually i am studying the serious possibility to study medicine in SLOVAK.

I am considering deeply the possibility to study in Russia too.

But i wish reviews ( several reviews ...) from students that lives there ( citizens and non-citizens).

Teachers are nice with their students? Are they teaching with a good quality ?

What is your general (AND critical) review of the course offered by Slovak universities ?

If the person decides to rent a small apartament to live... should be easy to rent something cheap ?

Universities in Czech Republic are really rigid and difficult... maybe more hard that a Slovak university ( i guess ... ?)

thx! igor

janamedica
09-03-2015, 10:07 AM
Hey Igor,

I am a student at Comenius University in Bratislava and am very excited to start. I can't tell you much about the classes and teachers, but so far I have only heard good stuff from students already studying at Comenius University. About my personal experience I can tell you once school starts!

About finding accomondation I can tell you that there are several Facebook Groups where you can find rooms, apartments and people searching for roommates.
Of course it depends how close you want to live to the university ( it is located in Stare Mesto, the ''old town'' which is a more expensive neighbourhood than for example ruzinov or pertzalka, which are farther away), but apartments can be found easily (with help of a realestate agency or without ) with nice conditions and a low price! Rooms are even more cheap and since you will be a student, I bet it will be nice to live with other students as well!

So far I have found that slovakia has not been getting a lot of attention from foreign students but it is getting more popular now and will probably become more difficult to join in the future too! Prague has been well known for a while now and is therefore harder to get into.

But I can tell you that from my visits so far and from finding accomendation and talking to people, Bratislava / Slovakia seems like a good place to study with mind open people and nice surroundings. The city is not to big ( for a capital ) and seemed very safe to me! :)

Hope that helped a bit!

slovakguy
11-02-2016, 10:42 AM
Hello Igor,
in my opinion, studying in Slovakia makes more sense compared to Russia (if you wish to work in European Union afterwards)
Degree is internationally recognised in European Union which means process much easier compared to Russia.
There are 2 universities in Slovakia, that should be taken into consideration (i would not really decide for Slovak Medical University, due to bad reputation)
1. Commenius university - TOP 500 university, 2 faculties of medicine - one is directly in Bratislava (Faculty of Medicine), second is in Martin (Jessenius Faculty of Medicine). regarding accommodation for students in Martin, Jessenius faculty provides dormitories for students. I am not quite sure about Faculty of medicine in Bratislava
2. University of Pavel Jozef Safarik - Faculty of medicine. Located in Kosice, second biggest city of Slovakia. There are almost 1000 international students and number rises each year. Regarding accommodation, there are dormitories at Popradska for international students.
Let me know if you need more info :)

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.