PDA

View Full Version : JFK University Official

Jfk University Official
05-25-2015, 06:14 PM
Dear prospective students if you have inquiries or interested please check our website. OR call if you have any question. JFK university have great plans to bring some new changes in field of medicine and needs your help so inquire from our office.

Scott1981
05-26-2015, 05:14 AM
i went to your website and im quite surprised at how poorly created it was. its a bunch of pictures from various areas in curacao and has quite a few broken links. if one wants to find out anything about the clinical program they cant because its a broken link. no other information about the faculty. lastly, the overall quality of the website is atrocious.

Jfk University Official
05-26-2015, 01:03 PM
I have checked the jfk website it is a basic website, JFK university kept is simple and straight. If you interested in clinical program you can always ask about it or send a message. There are number of school do not put faculty pictures up and when JFK university decide it will. But I am not sure who you are interested in university or only want to check the quality of the website. Yes every thing is not up yet this means may be busy doing more important stuff and off course the website will be adding more stuff as it needed. Thanks for visiting the side.

Jfk University Official
05-26-2015, 10:41 PM
Hi Scott 1981 the tech was informed for the broken links and hopefully it will be taken care. Thanks for pointing that out I appreciate it very much.

Jfk University Official
05-26-2015, 10:46 PM
Jfk University is going to work to make some changes which should be made for the future Caribbean medical residents and the future caribbean graduated physicians For that lots of volunteers will be needed. Soon I will put agenda online if you are willing to participate you be more than welcome to joine us. We will appreciate it very much. Thanks and hope to hear from you.

Scott1981
05-27-2015, 06:38 AM
you gotta understand something here. you are trying to recruit potential medical student applicants to your school. you are also trying to collect application fees for a school that may or may not exist. your website was built by a cheap do it yourself go daddy application and is far from professional. you have extremely limited information about your school other than broken links and curacao promotional videos. you have a few pictures of hotel pools. you have very generic information about your school. you have no clinical information and no faculty listed. what you do have is an address for people to send in applications along with a check.

i am sorry, but i would advise any potential student to steer clear of your school as i am unsure if it even exists or not. i could probably create a better looking website, create a sub S corp in the united states, and open a PO Box to collect checks from unsuspecting applicants in under a day.

explain how a potential student can tell the difference between a nigerian scammer with a website like yours and a true start up medical school.

dont feel offended, im just giving an outsiders objective point of view with the limited information available.

Jfk University Official
05-27-2015, 07:16 AM
JFk university school of medicine will have someone to monitor these kind of comments.

Jfk University Official
05-27-2015, 08:03 AM
Dear Prospective students JFK University school of Medicine is a new school and starting out with the fresh breath and we are going to bring many changes as a educational institute. Starting from ignoring the negative and taunting people on line or valuemd. Go to the Jfk University School of Medicine in Curacao website. It is a simple website and as we go, there will be new info added to it and it will keep on updated. If u have a question please feel free to call or send us e-mail. Students are grown people have mind of your own, u have every right to make your own mind because it is your money and your choice. Come and join with us and lets grow together and put the medical field back where it was not being bully or have no respect for any body or any thing. Before you become any thing it is more important to be a kind and a better human being and that will take you far and make you win your patient's hearts and minds. A doctor is suppose to be kinder, gentler and compassionate and of course every body's friend disregard to the race, color, gender and ethnicity. Let join together to make your dream come true to be a doctor, the best one and most successful who cure not just patient rather wins the hearts of your community, collegues and your patients. Make a world little better place for the people who sick and suffering from the disease. May God bless you to do all the good deeds and rewards you for it. Remember no good deed ever go wasted.

Scott1981
05-27-2015, 08:47 AM
Mr. Scott whoever you are sounds like a board certified, NOWAY, you are another bully on the valuemd to bud into people's buisness. Check the IMED directory and you can find the John F. Kennedy University School of Medicine enlisted there. So there goes your Nigerian theory. The link are broken or no, nobody asking you fix it and you comparing a medical school with Nigerian scammer even Avalon University have a P.O.Box in OHIO and it is perfectly legitimate school and so is JFK. I think you are the guy who have multiple accounts and being board certified you have no job, just reading people's website. Why don't you go scam some patient's and leave people alone. When JFK university have its own web builder who can take care of it. All the time talking about clinical don't worry we have enough clinical students and clinical sites, may be there is some work need to be finish and may too busy to pu it up. It is none of your buisness and I think you sounds like Verokmed, may be you and him both same. Because some people are born to be miserable, don't worry at the end of the day, you are going to raise your blood pressure and give yourself a heart attack, good for you. There is no way you are board certified otherwise you will have better things to do. Lets put your website up see what you got????? some fake patients, fake clinic or have you given an adress of a parking lot to collect money from poor old medicare and medicaid patients and screw the Government. Take chill pill and call and call yourself in the morning. JFK University will do what they did before keep working hard and leave it to God, he wants to bless JFK University he will and don't need to ask. If you are a school I bet you have stuff on your website which does not even exist in your school so go and fix your own mess.
Wow. That is a scary response from a school official. You are not doing your school any favors by having such an irrational response when responding to very basic questions and a critique on the limited information out there on your school. Besides having a juvenile response by attempting to insult me, do you have anything concrete to add to the conversation?

PS....as a moderator of VMD, I suggest you read the Terms of Service. Flaming and insults are against the TOS and will only result in future infractions on your account.

So just to rehash.....somebody asked why a new school should warrant a look a by a potential applicant to send a check for an application and possibly invest thousands of dollars in a school ......when the school website is not professionally done and gives no info about the school

Then the school official replies that
1. I am a multiple account user
2. I'm not a doctor
3. I have no job
4. I am not board certified
5. I am scamming patients
6. I am scamming medicare
7. I screw the govt
8. I am going to have a heart attack and high blood pressure
9. I am another user on VMD and own a competing school

This is not a professional response from what is supposed to be a medical school representative. It reflects very poorly on the school.

Lastly, it is very easy to get listed in IMED. To this day, there are schools listed that were determined to be scams still listed in IMED. They were also shut down long ago, but still listed. Look at some of the schools based out of St. Kitts to start, such as St Theresa's and Mal1k University. All currently listed on IMED. All closed down.

Summer2013
05-27-2015, 01:22 PM
Probably better if every one cools down and let students figure out facts on their own. No school is perfect and there is always good and bad that goes with every school and no one can make every one happy. I am sure the current students if there are any at JFK can voice their views and explain their stories and experience that can be beneficial to other students to know more about the school.

Scott1981
05-27-2015, 02:03 PM
Probably better if every one cools down and let students figure out facts on their own. No school is perfect and there is always good and bad that goes with every school and no one can make every one happy. I am sure the current students if there are any at JFK can voice their views and explain their stories and experience that can be beneficial to other students to know more about the school.

When somebody is actively recruiting and advertising their school on an open forum, they must be prepared to answer simple questions without lashing out with insults, some which seemed incoherent.

There is nothing wrong with asking very basic questions about the school in light of the current information available.

Unfortunately there are many students out there desperate for a chance to become a physician. They will not do simple research. I have seen many hurt down the road when a school closes shop or turned out to be a scam.

I am in no way saying JFK is a scam, but I am asking the school official who was advertising here simple questions about their rudementary website and school. I did ask them to simply give some info to differentiate themselves from simply a website fronting a fictitious school. I am curious. There is no real substantial information out there.

Yes, it only hurts students down the road....... but there is nothing wrong with vetting a school on this forum. In fact, this is why open forums are so valuable. It gives potential students objective information.

I have been interested in caribbean medicine since I myself attended a school there over a decade ago. I am currently involved in academic medicine stateside. From this perspective, I cannot recommend certain places to applicants. It only my opinion. Nothing for people to get bent out of shape over, but I would like to think I have some beneficial knowledge to give on this topic.

Summer2013
05-27-2015, 04:12 PM
Scott1981, I agree with you. There is nothing wrong in asking the questions and it is important for the students to understand the details about the school they are going to attend especially which is far away several hundreds or thousands of miles and spending tens of thousands of dollars.

I personally attended couple of schools in Caribbean and burned my fingers and lost time and money. I support the ideas of gaining the knowledge and information so students can gain right information and make decisions. I guess schools could get defensive about this. I think it might be better to ask questions using the private message and if proper response is not posted then respond back in the forums. I am a Caribbean Medical Student my self and it helped me to teach and train my kids. My older daughter considered Caribbean, but couple of weeks ago she got accepted into DO school in US and starting school in August. I also have Twin 16 year old daughters completing their college while they are in high school and will start looking at Med School next year and one of them might take the Caribbean school path. That is the reason, I watch and observe different schools closely and try to see what different schools are doing.

I think you are asking lot of right questions and I am sure it will be certainly helpful for students to understand the facts. Perhaps talk to the school directly and see what information they might provide. Also the input from current students would be extremely valuable if they are willing to give their feedback on their school.

Jfk University Official
05-27-2015, 04:30 PM
As a school official one put their heart and soul in it and if you are a moderator then why are you calling it Nigerian scam to a new school. I think summer 13 is right lets students to make their own mind.

Jfk University Official
05-27-2015, 04:32 PM
Hi Summer 2013 you right, let students to make up their own mind. Thanks

Scott1981
05-27-2015, 05:15 PM
As a school official one put their heart and soul in it and if you are a moderator then why are you calling it Nigerian scam to a new school. I think summer 13 is right lets students to make their own mind.

im sorry if you read my post wrong, i merely wanted more information about your school. i used a nigerian scam as an analogy as anybody can make a simple website with broken links that gives no real information about the school that can be verifiable.

i understand that you have a vested interest in making your school work. maybe you took the critique a little too close to heart because you do have the vested interest.

however, you should not build up so much hostility when responding to simple inquiries. people are going to have these basic questions. you have to remember, your website is your front door. it is your store front so to speak. that is the first impression and that is why i was a little taken aback, because quite frankly, you need to invest in having a professional web hosting company set that up. if you are looking to attract students, they should at least see that you have the basic resources to create a good website.

as far as my recommendations, the old time members on valuemd would tell you that i never recommend new schools to people. the track record of most of them are not that good, so why would i recommend a student to risk a lot of time, energy, and money on a school that is not stable. there are too many other options out there.

also, it is a common theme that most of the schools that have no track record are the ones who have people come on VMD and disparage the other schools. i have already seen an example of this with you calling out CMU and avalon. this type of behavior makes me uneasy as it appears like the school is desperate to fight for survival and is doing anything it can to one up the competitor. that is not how a medical school should be founded.

i wish you the best with your venture and i hope all your students eventually succeed. maybe i will see them on the nrmp interview trail. however, at this juncture, i cannot recommend your school to anybody. take that criticism and strive to make the school succeed and rise above the rest. prove me wrong in the long term.

as a new school, you should start to get used to questions. you can even benefit your school by giving some answers. stateside, from personal experience, i can assure you program directors want to know what type of school they are dealing with, especially from the caribbean.

lets start fresh. i have a few questions.

1. i see you do not require an mcat, however, your program seems to insinuate that you offer a premedical program for high school graduates with no college experience. are you aware of licensure ramifications of that in the states?

2. what does your campus encompass? any detailed pictures of the campus?

3. your website mentions dorms on campus? what are the fees for them?

4. is there an anatomy lab? are you using plastinated cadavers, virtual, or the real thing?

5. What academic calendar do you run on? semester or trimester

6. do you employ fulltime faculty or visiting faculty? are they from the states or elsewhere?

7. where is your usmle review course for 5th semester offered?

8. where are you clinical rotations for cores located, which states?

9. are the core clinicals in acgme teaching programs "greenbook" or bluebook with various preceptors?

Scott1981
05-27-2015, 05:29 PM
I think you are asking lot of right questions and I am sure it will be certainly helpful for students to understand the facts. Perhaps talk to the school directly and see what information they might provide. Also the input from current students would be extremely valuable if they are willing to give their feedback on their school.

unfortunately that does not always work. there are quite a few schools over the years that would have representatives on this actual website knowingly give false information. some schools posted fake match results. others claimed students do their rotations in NJ which a knowledgeable person in field would know is false (NJ bans all carib schools from doing rotations outside of SGU and ROSS). anybody can go on the CMU forum and see the drama over the years with school representatives.

again......my analogy about the nigerian scammers....... all those emails about winning the lottery or getting a $25 million inheritence in your spam box...... you can call those telephone numbers and will actually speak with a live person and it will sound totally legit to unsuspecting people...... thats how they get scammed. they take peoples word without doing their own objective research. again, merely using it as an analogy, not saying JFK is scamming anybody.

aimu observer
05-28-2015, 02:49 PM
JFK University is probably no worse than most of the other bogus medical schools that have sprung up in The Wet Indies in the lat 30 years or so.
Why is a VMD moderator attacking this school, when in the past VMD have been quick to shut down other posters who were absolutely telling the truth about other medical schools that the posters had attended or were attending?

I will probably get banned for telling the truth but VMD has gone a long way down since its inception in early 2003.

Today, there are so many ads on VMD where the poster advertises fake passports and other fake documents, but when posters tell the absolute truth about place where they have been, the posts are pulled down or the poster gets an "infarction" or the thread is locked!

Scott1981
05-28-2015, 04:35 PM
JFK University is probably no worse than most of the other bogus medical schools that have sprung up in The Wet Indies in the lat 30 years or so.
Why is a VMD moderator attacking this school, when in the past VMD have been quick to shut down other posters who were absolutely telling the truth about other medical schools that the posters had attended or were attending?

I will probably get banned for telling the truth but VMD has gone a long way down since its inception in early 2003.

Today, there are so many ads on VMD where the poster advertises fake passports and other fake documents, but when posters tell the absolute truth about place where they have been, the posts are pulled down or the poster gets an "infarction" or the thread is locked!

Users get banned or get infractions when the violate the Terms of Service.

Please review it here: Disclaimer (http://www.valuemd.com/disclaimer.php)

We have strict guidelines we must follow. Although regular users just see that a user was banned, rest assured that it was strictly due to violating one of those rules. The most common reason when somebody gets immediately banned without any infractions is due to them having multiple accounts which is proven by the VMD administration first. In fact, we have had to ban school deans in the past for posing as students.

So, rest assured, there is no censorship, although some people would love there to be some. As long as users follow the Terms of Service, they are fine.

And as far as the fake passports etc posts..... those are not real people, they are bots. Unfortunately, these bots pop up as fast as we can ban them and delete their posts.

devildoc8404
05-28-2015, 06:49 PM
Asking reasonable and pertinent questions is not "attacking." (It might feel like it to people who are on the shady side, but it is absolutely reasonable -- my kid reacts the same way when she knows that she has done something wrong and I ask her about it... it's human nature.) In fact, these are precisely the kinds of questions that should be asked in any worthwhile forum.

Granted, if I were seeking out a medical school in which to invest time and money and saw a website replete with loads of misspellings and broken links, it would send more than a few red flags waving in my head -- but I am a bit older than most applicants and have become rather suspicious with time.

I quite agree that VMD has taken a substantial hit over the past couple of years. The ill-timed crash of the website (for several weeks, as I recall!) a few years back really set it on its heels and a full recovery has not been forthcoming. Regardless, I believe that it still has something to offer.

MrTexas78
05-28-2015, 07:31 PM
Hey Scott 1981,

I dont feel like you are being fair towards the JFK University Official. It feels like you are attacking the official rep personally. Did you get rejected from the school? I just checked the credentials of the school and its actually legit. There are five medical schools at Curacao. So I am pretty sure the school is legit. Honestly just leave JFK alone because you seem like a vindictive person and its really disgusting coming out from an internal medicine nurse such as yourself!!! Stop attacking the school and please get a life..

Take care

devildoc8404
05-28-2015, 07:53 PM
Exactly which one of the questions was "unfair?"

pirateofthecaribbean
05-28-2015, 08:09 PM
Having a new school around can create a healthy competition. Every school starts out small, and it is the quality of the students that make a university grow into greatness. Every great professor may have been fired a few times before rising to greatness. Bashing is a sign of fear, and being that fear is expressed....must mean JFK has got a chance to become something greater than other schools around. I have faith in JFK and I believe that its students will make the difference. Let's work together in teamwork and partnership, rather than focusing on faults (which every school suffers from).

Scott1981
05-28-2015, 08:15 PM
Hey Scott 1981,

I dont feel like you are being fair towards the JFK University Official. It feels like you are attacking the official rep personally. Did you get rejected from the school? I just checked the credentials of the school and its actually legit. There are five medical schools at Curacao. So I am pretty sure the school is legit. Honestly just leave JFK alone because you seem like a vindictive person and its really disgusting coming out from an internal medicine nurse such as yourself!!! Stop attacking the school and please get a life..

Take care

Difficult to tell if you are serious. Especially with the way you throw juvenile insults. Don't know if you are baiting a terms of service violation of not. Let me give you the benefit of the doubt here. Ill give you a little leeway, but still scratching my head how you blatantly violate the TOS, especially to a moderator. I would suggest you edit your post.

First of all, you are doing a disservice to all the hard working nurses out here. You seem to call me a nurse as to use it as an insult. I'm sorry you feel that calling somebody a nurse is an insult. Secondly, I hope your attitude changes if and when you roam the wards as an attending or resident. We don't need physicians that look down at nurses the way it appears you already have a stigma towards. I cringe the day I come across an applicant during the NRMP cycle with that perception.

Jfk University Official
05-28-2015, 09:10 PM
I was never a member on valuemd and I can't believe how much negative and bad stuff is written on it. I think I am going to watch ****** story from Bible(just to forget the last few days of negativity) how ******'s own brothers threw him in the well and how he was sold to slavery but God relieved him from the slavery and blessed him in such a way he came the second most Powerful man in the world. The biggest thing God blessed him was how he saved so many people from dying of hunger if he did not come up with a solution how to handle the famine times. I heard this story so many times and have seen the movie so many times but every time watch it teaches me something new and also give me the courage to do good. If you have not seen this movei and have a chance must watch you will enjoy it.
God bless you all and stay safe.

MrTexas78
05-29-2015, 11:44 AM
So as a moderator I need to be scared of you and I cant voice my opinion on your lack of ability to criticize a school professionally?? I do not have any problems against nurses so please stop using that as bate. You should never be a moderator you are more like the terminator. You act like you care about any students and I guarantee you you do this in spite. Which is a disgusting trait you have!!! Honestly talking about you as an internal medicine give everybody that is in the healthcare field a target due to your immaturity as an adult, lack of professionalism and lastly have wayyyyyyyy to much time to keep positing on Value MD. So stop asking questions that are irrelevant to the school and start becoming a positive person!! No wonder you are sitting in your house alone without anybody around you. SICKENING!!!

devildoc8404
05-29-2015, 12:21 PM
Once again (placing your impolite nonsense aside)... exactly which question was unprofessional, irrelevant, or unfair?

Suggesting that the issues raised by Scott1981 somehow do not matter smacks of either gross ignorance with regard to medical education, or an ulterior motive.

(Or, like, both.)

Scott1981
05-29-2015, 01:01 PM
Once again (placing your impolite nonsense aside)... exactly which question was unprofessional, irrelevant, or unfair?

Suggesting that the issues raised by Scott1981 somehow do not matter smacks of either gross ignorance with regard to medical education, or an ulterior motive.

(Or, like, both.)

most likely both.

Jfk University Official
06-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Jfk University School of Medicine will be offering scholarship to
the academically outstanding students. We also bringing some
more changes for our financial aids for the students.

Summer2013
06-02-2015, 03:46 PM
This is a good news to your students. All the best to your students.

Jfk University School of Medicine will be offering scholarship to
the academically outstanding students. We also bringing some
more changes for our financial aids for the students.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.