PDA

View Full Version : Applicants 2015

Veritane
05-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Hello!

I've applied and made the entrance test for 6 year MD program. Anyone else here?
Also, I have a question! I got two e-mails about the acceptance to the university, but I'm a little bit confused. The first one says that I'm on a "waiting list" and they will tell me if they have free spots in June, but then 10 minutes later they sent me another letter saying that I have been "classified" for the 2015/16 academic program and that I should send all the necessary documents until 30th July. That's why I feel a little bit confused...anyone else who is in the same situation?

Thanks!

Veritane
05-25-2015, 04:59 AM
I am accepted! Anyone else? :)

John Chibwe
05-25-2015, 12:52 PM
yap .. im from africa , zimbabwe .. got accepted for the 6 year MD program ......:)

Roy11
05-25-2015, 08:17 PM
Does anyone know if the registration site is down. Also I have trying to log into my account but I have forgotten my password and they don't have the option of resetting the password. I have emailed the school but no one has replied me in the past two weeks. Thanks for the help in advance.

John Chibwe
05-26-2015, 02:55 AM
who is going in july?

nyeem
05-26-2015, 01:17 PM
Are there any graduate applicants? Also do any of you guys know how to send off the application? I've paid and filled it out and its got a green tick but I don't know if its actually sent, I wonder if I just wait.

ilanna
05-26-2015, 02:15 PM
Hello!

I've applied and made the entrance test for 6 year MD program. Anyone else here?
Also, I have a question! I got two e-mails about the acceptance to the university, but I'm a little bit confused. The first one says that I'm on a "waiting list" and they will tell me if they have free spots in June, but then 10 minutes later they sent me another letter saying that I have been "classified" for the 2015/16 academic program and that I should send all the necessary documents until 30th July. That's why I feel a little bit confused...anyone else who is in the same situation?

Thanks!

Hi!! I also got the 2 emails. That was AWFUL. I had to wait the whole weekend to know if I got in or not. (I did finally ;) ) They got a system bug they said...

Smiley9576
05-26-2015, 04:35 PM
Hey I got accepted too. Where you guys from?

Veritane
05-27-2015, 02:24 AM
I'm half Polish, half Norwegian.
Guys, maybe we could create a Facebook group for our year? That would be much easier to communicate :)

Smiley9576
05-27-2015, 02:33 AM
Yeah I think that's a good idea :)

Veritane
05-27-2015, 02:57 AM
WUM 6 year ED 21 - sounds good as a name? or just WUM ED 21?

ilanna
05-27-2015, 03:01 AM
WUM 6 years ED 21 is better I think

John Chibwe
05-27-2015, 04:09 AM
that would be awsome

Veritane
05-27-2015, 04:13 AM
So the name of the grouo is WUM 6 year ED 21, find it on Facebook because I can't post links.

John Chibwe
05-27-2015, 05:09 AM
Thank you Veritane

mani92
05-31-2015, 04:29 AM
If anyone has any questions before arriving, I can try to help (current first year at WUM) :)

Veritane
05-31-2015, 05:11 AM
Hello Mani92! I do have a question. I wonder about the Anatomy classes. Do they teach well? Do you always have teachers during the seminars and classes? In general, are the Anatomy classes good in your opinion? In my previous university they really enjoy kicking out lots of people in the first and second semester (Anatomy and Histology).

mani92
05-31-2015, 06:47 AM
Hello Mani92! I do have a question. I wonder about the Anatomy classes. Do they teach well? Do you always have teachers during the seminars and classes? In general, are the Anatomy classes good in your opinion? In my previous university they really enjoy kicking out lots of people in the first and second semester (Anatomy and Histology).

I'm on the 4 year programme and our anatomy classes are different (only 24 of us in the class) and we have the head who is actually is proper sound and a good teacher!
However on the 6 year MD there's over 100 people and everyone is split into 5 groups and assigned one teacher. All my friends on the 6 year say only 2/5 teachers are decent so I guess it comes down to luck!
But here you have to learn a lot of things yourself and anatomy is the biggest subject!
Main thing is that you have to be prepared before every class to get the most out of it, going to class not knowing what is what (which does happen with the workload of other subjects) does make it hard to understand!
Histology is a killer, but luckily for 6 years you have 2 semesters to do it (we only had one for the same material) but we have same teachers and they aren't the best to be honest it's all down to luck of who you get again!
Had I known before coming anatomy and histo would be this tough (and I've done a degree before hand) I would have read a little before starting here!
All in all some teachers are amazing couldn't fault them and then others are 🙈

cogsci
05-31-2015, 04:31 PM
If anyone has any questions before arriving, I can try to help (current first year at WUM) :)

Hello mani92,
I am still waiting for my decision for 4 year MD program. Is interview part of WUM admission process?
Also, do you think B.Sc. in psyc has enough hours to qualify for 4 year program?

mani92
06-01-2015, 05:01 AM
Hello mani92,
I am still waiting for my decision for 4 year MD program. Is interview part of WUM admission process?
Also, do you think B.Sc. in psyc has enough hours to qualify for 4 year program?

Hey, there are no interviews ams BSc in psyc to be honest don't know anyone here with that same degree, mosty people are biochem, biomedical sciences etc.
But I don't see why it would be an issue so good luck mate 😊

John Chibwe
06-01-2015, 01:25 PM
hello mani92.. was wondering if it was okay for me to come as early as july

mani92
06-01-2015, 01:49 PM
hello mani92.. was wondering if it was okay for me to come as early as july

Hiya mate, jheez that early wouldn't be an issue as you could sort accommodation at dorms as people will have left, but why so early?
Its going to be a hectic year try to enjoy your summer with family and friends or even a holiday if possible

John Chibwe
06-01-2015, 05:07 PM
well mani92, i want more time to familiarise myself with warsaw, especially MUW but from the way you put it ,i might reconsider coming early.. By the way whats the normal dress code for when undertaking an exam and also when can i write USMLE 1 whilst undertaking the 6 year program

Trishbean89
06-02-2015, 05:15 AM
Hi, I'm thinking of applying for the 4yr programme. Iv a BSc in PharmaBiotech and a postgrad in CompBio. I'm from Ireland my main concern is trying to get a loan to pay for fees? Does anyone know of any institutions that give loans for College abroad. In Ireland the banks aren't too keen.

Ramroum
06-03-2015, 01:43 PM
Did any of you guys create the Facebook group?

mani92
06-03-2015, 01:47 PM
well mani92, i want more time to familiarise myself with warsaw, especially MUW but from the way you put it ,i might reconsider coming early.. By the way whats the normal dress code for when undertaking an exam and also when can i write USMLE 1 whilst undertaking the 6 year program

Its casual during exams, basically wear what ever!
Just for anatomy practical classes youve got to wear trousers can't go in with shorts!
Piece of advice for all you guys bring a suit/smart dress for the start as you've got to wear formal dress for one of the days at orientation week, which is when you take the hippocratic oath and obtain your student indexes! Also there is a ball first semester so tux/suit comes in handy for that too!
USMLE I'm not 100% sure as I'm from England, but i think it would 3rd year of your programme as the 4 years tend to sit in the summer of year 2

John Chibwe
06-03-2015, 03:22 PM
ya Ramroun, its called WUM 6years ED 21

John Chibwe
06-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Its casual during exams, basically wear what ever!
Just for anatomy practical classes youve got to wear trousers can't go in with shorts!
Piece of advice for all you guys bring a suit/smart dress for the start as you've got to wear formal dress for one of the days at orientation week, which is when you take the hippocratic oath and obtain your student indexes! Also there is a ball first semester so tux/suit comes in handy for that too!
USMLE I'm not 100% sure as I'm from England, but i think it would 3rd year of your programme as the 4 years tend to sit in the summer of year 2

Is it the duty of the student government to assist you in the acquiring of the ISIS card or is it something you do independently...Also pertaining to ECFMG certificate, is it necessary when applying for residency in the states and what is the most ideal score on the USMLE for step 1, step 2ck ,2cl and step 3 that can guarantee you to an interview to any american medical institute for neurosurgery residency

John Chibwe
06-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Would anyone be so kind enough to give a rough estimate as to how much in cash you might need ,lets say for a month mainly siting the basic expenses like food , clothes , toiletries ...e.t.c.

Veritane
06-04-2015, 02:38 AM
Mani92 - thanks for the reply!
Ramroum - it's MUW 6 years ED 21

Ramroum
06-04-2015, 05:50 AM
Mani92 - thanks for the reply!
Ramroum - it's MUW 6 years ED 21

Ok, for some reason, I can't find the group. Is there anyway to link to the group. Or just add the suffix of the adress?

ilanna
06-04-2015, 05:53 AM
Ok, for some reason, I can't find the group. Is there anyway to link to the group. Or just add the suffix of the adress?

Hi Ramroum! It's facebook(dot)com/groups/1624429841135215/

Ramroum
06-04-2015, 06:08 AM
Wonderful! Thanks =)

mani92
06-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Would anyone be so kind enough to give a rough estimate as to how much in cash you might need ,lets say for a month mainly siting the basic expenses like food , clothes , toiletries ...e.t.c.

After paying for accommodation (I'm at dorms: which is 5500zl per term), i've been using 300 pounds around 1500zl (pays for gym, groceries, going out for meals/nights out etc). If you shop at the right places for food and know how to cook you'll be sound!
Also your questions about ISIS card I don't have a clue what that is mate sorry!

John Chibwe
06-07-2015, 02:17 PM
After paying for accommodation (I'm at dorms: which is 5500zl per term), i've been using 300 pounds around 1500zl (pays for gym, groceries, going out for meals/nights out etc). If you shop at the right places for food and know how to cook you'll be sound!
Also your questions about ISIS card I don't have a clue what that is mate sorry!

Sorry mani92, i meant to type ISIC(International Student Identification Card), see here in Zimbabwe we dont have that type of service available so im clueless on how best to find an alternative way of acquiring one

zg1982
06-08-2015, 04:06 AM
Hi,
Someone applying for the 4 year MD program ?

cogsci
06-08-2015, 05:35 AM
Hi,
Someone applying for the 4 year MD program ?

Hey, Canadian student applying to 4 year program here.
All of my stuffs are submitted so I am just waiting now

Veritane
06-12-2015, 02:28 AM
I have one question regarding the Salmonella&Shigella tests. I've made them before, like 2 or 3 years ago, but I have no actual proof that I've made them. Are those tests like really necessary to do until 30th of June?

zg1982
06-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Hi cogsci,
Good luck !

Arthur91
06-16-2015, 06:39 AM
I'm half Polish, half Norwegian.
Guys, maybe we could create a Facebook group for our year? That would be much easier to communicate :)

That's really cool. I am half Norwegian half Polish as well :) I just finished a degree in Poland and next year I've been accepted to 6 MD program in Poland.
I would like to ask you what made you decide to go with Warsaw?

Veritane
06-16-2015, 07:17 AM
Hey Arthur91! Well, I wanted to study in Poland, because I thought it would be cheaper and quality of studies would be better. I already did first year in other Polish univeristy, but I decided to leave, because the school was just so terrible that I didn't want to waste my time there. I did an entrance exam in May and got accepted! I only heard good things about Warsaw :)

Arthur91
06-16-2015, 07:23 AM
What university did you go to? You mean first year of 6 MD right?
I finished 3-year B.Sc at the Poznan Medical University. I am considering Poznan or Gdansk for now, I've heard they are the best ones, and Krakow of course :) I've spoken to one guy who graduated 4 MD in Warsaw and he wasn't very satisfied with the teachers and school in general. Do you know anybody that goes there?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.