PDA

View Full Version : Semmelweis post-acceptance; applies to any university

rjkhemlani
05-16-2015, 06:26 PM
Hello!
I have been accepted to Semmelweis University for the medical 6-year program. Who else is joining me this year?
I wanted to know how you are all dealing with official documentations and procedures, as well as housing issues. There is no real dormitory, so we need to go and rent apartments, right? We also need to register ourselves and everything, right?
I need help, I am sure others need help. Let's discuss and fill each others gaps. I wrote what I kind of know so far.
Thanks.

Dasred
06-03-2015, 06:30 AM
Hello!

I have just made a group on facebook if you or anyone else is interested as no one is really discussing anything here.

The group is called : Semmelweis Freshers 2015/16 (I am unable to post links here)

asianstudent
06-23-2015, 06:57 AM
Hello!

I am also accepted to Semmelweis University this fall! I am puzzled as well! Where will you guys rent the apartment?

Chrisgha
08-23-2015, 12:39 PM
Hey guys,
You will indeed have to rent apartments as there are no dorms in the university. There are people who may help you with this for a small fee, however how helpful they actually are is controversial. They can be found in the same building that will be handing out your payment certificates, however an appointment should be made. I can't remember their name at the moment, but it has something to do with McDaniels. It should be mentioned in one of the documents provided together with your acceptance letter.
If I recall correctly, after recieving the payment certificate, the registration takes place in the main university building at a specified date (you should have this) where information will be given; this includes your health insurance.
It is important to note that there are many associations within the university for different nationalities. The Israeli, Spanish, Norwegian and Japanese ones are especially big, so you're in luck if you belong to any of those as they can often provide much needed help.

Emmanuella
12-18-2015, 05:52 PM
hi, although slightly behind.... I would be applying to debrecen next year.
Have some few questions:
1. Did you write the exams before application or after they accepted you?
Did you get to choose between physics and chemistry or you did both?
should I really apply to debrecen? I was also considering Semmelweis ... I would love to hear from you and your valuable experience.
Thank you

rjkhemlani
12-19-2015, 07:54 AM
Hey, me too.
Who would you actually happen to be? Like what's your name?

rjkhemlani
12-19-2015, 07:57 AM
You apply and write the exams "at the same time" roughly.

Rules might be changed but there was no physics last year for me. But for Debrecen, you will need physics along for sure., it's not a choice. This is from the agent that got me admitted in but I chose Semmelweis.

Haven't been to any other university other than Semmelweis. It is very nice but extremely hard. Easy to get in but extremely hard to stay and keep passing. I had the best high school marks in my school in years, (along with my classmate and best friend), I am on the verge of failing here.

Tinbite
08-31-2016, 03:17 PM
Hi, sorry, i know I'm a little late, but <i just wanted to know how the school was. Is it friendly? Do the teachers provide support?

Thank you in advance!

anaya
09-01-2016, 11:06 AM
heyy guys i applied to the university of debrecen and my entrance exam is in january ... has anyone else applied to debrecen uni and if selected going there in septemeber 2017 ?

Ahmed El Sayed
09-16-2016, 05:53 AM
heyy guys i applied to the university of debrecen and my entrance exam is in january ... has anyone else applied to debrecen uni and if selected going there in septemeber 2017 ?

I applied to debrecen too and doing the entrance exam this jan in dubai.

anaya
09-16-2016, 07:59 AM
I applied to debrecen too and doing the entrance exam this jan in dubai.

wooww thats great :) me too giving the exam in Dubai..

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.