PDA

View Full Version : AUA Typical Student's Class Schedule

PrettyLucky
05-07-2015, 11:26 PM
Would any current AUA student like to share a typical (lets say 1st semester) weekly class schedule? Thanks in advance!

PL

DoctaDocta
05-10-2015, 01:03 PM
1st and 3rd semester classes go from about 1-5pm monday to friday.
2nd and 4th semester classes go from about 8am-noon monday to friday.

On top of that you have anatomy wet lab for one hour a week in 1st and 2nd semester, and also small group work (clinical skills and case based learning) for about 2 hours a week.
In 3rd semester you have a lot of extra activities that take up a lot of your precious study time... clinics, hospital, health fair, sim lab, microbiology lab, behavioural sceince lab, clinical skills, case studies, etc.

RxBigdaddy
01-01-2016, 12:46 PM
Do they have a note taking service? Are the lectures recorded?

jjs4348
02-26-2016, 10:35 AM
Im a 3rd year who finished the island months ago...Yes every lecture is lecture captured meaning that all sound and video is recorded that can be downloaded after lecture. I don't know of any note taking service unless you can convince someone sitting next to you to take them for you lol good luck with that. hope this helps

learn90
02-27-2016, 03:10 AM
What is the typical class schedule like nowadays? Also what is island life like actually my main concern is running out of water, electricity and crime.

jjs4348
02-27-2016, 07:34 AM
If your living in Aua housing, don't worry they all have generators and water cisterns for backup...if your going for off campus housing then make sure to ask about backup gen and water cistern...lol my place that I lived didn't have either but It wasn't bad enough to make me move lol...as for crime, I had no bad experiences and idk anyone who did...don't go for a run at night, dont pick up hitchhikers, don't leave your door open at night, don't walk around town wearing your fav Louis vutton shoes and Gucci hat cuz your on an island and no one wears that crap, and don't piss off too many people and your fine...common sense really

jjs4348
02-27-2016, 07:38 AM
O didn't see the class schedule question...that's a hard one cuz every semester has a different and changing schedule but for the most part you will spend 4-5 hrs a day in lecture and I would say about 2-3 days a week you will have a lab or small group added to that time for about 2 hrs a day...some days less some days more

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.