PDA

View Full Version : Clinicals at Saba

benevolo
04-26-2015, 10:44 AM
I'm a 2012 grad from Saba. I have a couple friends interested in going to Saba, so I'd like to know what the current situation is like for clinicals. Are people getting placed into cores quickly? And what cores are available these days? I know when I left there were concerns about there being positions left for people at St. Luke's, do we still have surgery IM and OB cores there? I wouldn't want to recommend Saba if all we had for cores were the essentially scam rotations at places like Wyckoff. Also I never rotated there but heard the Houma and Baltimore sites were also higher quality. Do they still have those? And have there been any new additions which are decent?

J.MD
04-27-2015, 02:48 PM
I'm a 2012 grad from Saba. I have a couple friends interested in going to Saba, so I'd like to know what the current situation is like for clinicals. Are people getting placed into cores quickly? And what cores are available these days? I know when I left there were concerns about there being positions left for people at St. Luke's, do we still have surgery IM and OB cores there? I wouldn't want to recommend Saba if all we had for cores were the essentially scam rotations at places like Wyckoff. Also I never rotated there but heard the Houma and Baltimore sites were also higher quality. Do they still have those? And have there been any new additions which are decent?

Think there's a mix of solid cores and not-so-great cores. Just a matter of pining for them.

People still do IM @ St Luke's and electives. We have a number of core rotations in Baltimore (good rotations) @ Union Memorial and Harbor. Houma seems pretty solid with good teaching. Can't say much about OB (did mine a Wyckoff - had a not so great experience there). Core rotations at Bridgeport, CT (afiiliated with Yale-New Haven).

Heard some people doing rotations at Waterbury, CT. List goes on. Not sure how its going to be for the upcoming couple of years.

benevolo
04-28-2015, 04:58 PM
Think there's a mix of solid cores and not-so-great cores. Just a matter of pining for them.

People still do IM @ St Luke's and electives. We have a number of core rotations in Baltimore (good rotations) @ Union Memorial and Harbor. Houma seems pretty solid with good teaching. Can't say much about OB (did mine a Wyckoff - had a not so great experience there). Core rotations at Bridgeport, CT (afiiliated with Yale-New Haven).

Heard some people doing rotations at Waterbury, CT. List goes on. Not sure how its going to be for the upcoming couple of years.
Damn, so no more OBGYN or Surgery at St. Luke's? It's good to see they still have Houma, and I heard Bridgeport was good too. Wyckoff was awful - did peds there and I can't honestly say it could be considered a real rotation.

J.MD
04-29-2015, 10:32 AM
Damn, so no more OBGYN or Surgery at St. Luke's? It's good to see they still have Houma, and I heard Bridgeport was good too. Wyckoff was awful - did peds there and I can't honestly say it could be considered a real rotation.

I think I saw some students who were doing obgyn and surgery at st luke's. There were also a bunch of DO students as well. I THINK we still have obgyn and surgery at St Luke's. St Luke's was amazing though. The hospital was enormous. Kansas City = GREAT!

benevolo
05-05-2015, 10:29 PM
I think I saw some students who were doing obgyn and surgery at st luke's. There were also a bunch of DO students as well. I THINK we still have obgyn and surgery at St Luke's. St Luke's was amazing though. The hospital was enormous. Kansas City = GREAT!
Haha yea I was pleasantly surprised by Kansas city. Decent night life, lots of nice museums+art galleries, the jazz district, the sports teams (even if they arent very good), good shopping, and don't forget the BBQ. I almost want to come back just to go eat some Oklahoma Joes.

J.MD
05-06-2015, 07:35 AM
Haha yea I was pleasantly surprised by Kansas city. Decent night life, lots of nice museums+art galleries, the jazz district, the sports teams (even if they arent very good), good shopping, and don't forget the BBQ. I almost want to come back just to go eat some Oklahoma Joes.

Yeah, when I was there their sports teams did pretty well. Kansas City Royals made it to game 7 of the world series! Chiefs... not as good. Funny thing, Oklahoma Joes was in process of being renamed to something like Kansas City Joes

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.