PDA

View Full Version : Information about CMU

AV90
03-14-2015, 10:04 PM
I'm interested in enrolling into the CMU program and wish to gain further insight from those that are currently enrolled into the pre-med program and those that are on the island. I have been reading the forums and information provided online and have received various reviews in regards to the program. The questions I have are:
1) If CMU is not officially accredited by WHO, how does that affect the overall process of obtaining a job after completing the program and passing both levels of the USMLE.
2) I saw that CMU is not approved in New York and California, does that mean that I would be unable to complete my residency in those states or not approved to be considered for a position in those states either.
3) If I am unsatisfied with the curriculum once I arrive on the island, what is the possibility of transferring to another university on the island or in North America to complete my schooling?
4) What is the success rate of students in this program of passing the MLE and the job placement success rate?
5) If I do not take the MCAT's, would that have any negative affect on my overall resume when applying for a position after completion of the CMU program?
6) Would I be receiving a bachelors equivalent degree after completing the Pre-Med program?
7) I am currently interested in pursuing the Pre-Med program in Canada, how would the student visa work since I would be travelling to the islands to complete the final duration of the program?
8) For Clinicals, since it is in the States and I am a Canadian citizen, would obtaining the appropriate Work Visa be a particular hurdle for me or will I be disadvantaged in any way?

AV90
03-14-2015, 10:20 PM
Also, I am curious about the reputation of the school as I have seen reviews where students were disgruntled with being misinformed in regards to the level of academics, living policies, and instabilities of the school remaining open for the duration of our program. I want to ensure I make the wisest choice as this is something that will be life changing in many ways. I hope to receive a great amount of feedback and reviews to assist with my decision.

Thank you all.

1215Ethix
03-20-2015, 03:26 PM
AV90- there are better choices than CMU.Do yourself a favor and go to a better school.

AV90
03-21-2015, 10:20 PM
AV90- there are better choices than CMU.Do yourself a favor and go to a better school.

Hi,

I do agree with you that there may be better choices in regards to Medical school. But, I do wish to get some further information about this school and it's somewhat embarrassing I have had so many views and this was the only information I was able to obtain from current and past students of this institution.

1215Ethix
03-22-2015, 07:56 AM
Hi,

I do agree with you that there may be better choices in regards to Medical school. But, I do wish to get some further information about this school and it's somewhat embarrassing I have had so many views and this was the only information I was able to obtain from current and past students of this institution.

okay so you are fixated on this school-congratulations. What do you want to know?

AV90
03-22-2015, 05:10 PM
okay so you are fixated on this school-congratulations. What do you want to know?

If you read the original post to this school instead of jumping to conclusions, you would understand the questions I am seeking answers to other than a simple "don't go here" without any further explanations as to what's the pro's and con's for this school.

CMU
03-30-2015, 07:35 AM
Dear AV90
You can contact our students or the Admissions department to get your questions answered. On VMD you will notice that most of the posts are from either dismissed students or agents of other schools posting "Don't go there" with no further explanations as you stated. CMU is proud of having 2-3 times more students than most of other caribbean schools and they are with us for a reason.

psychvmd
03-31-2015, 09:41 PM

RMK06
04-02-2015, 10:58 PM
When searching the WHO database, you have to select the "Include non-UN member States" box.

psychvmd
04-02-2015, 11:03 PM
.................................................. ..................

1215Ethix
04-09-2015, 08:32 PM
O.M.G. really

1215Ethix
04-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Dear AV90
You can contact our students or the Admissions department to get your questions answered. On VMD you will notice that most of the posts are from either dismissed students or agents of other schools posting "Don't go there" with no further explanations as you stated. CMU is proud of having 2-3 times more students than most of other caribbean schools and they are with us for a reason.

What reason is that CMU school official? To be lured in by hype and then later find out it's all garbage? Self proclaimed best medical school always say they are number one. Oh please!!

Does your school have financial aid that everyone can get?
Do you actually have students in residency?
Why is the website full of hospitals who have never heard of Carribean Medical University?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.