PDA

View Full Version : What Is Going on With This School?

The_Truth_Will_Set_U_Free
02-10-2015, 07:08 PM
Every semester this school is getting worse and worse.

thxleave
02-10-2015, 11:38 PM
Every semester this school is getting worse and worse.

What a vague statement.

02-13-2015, 06:32 PM
This week was horrible. Im starting to think about transferring to another school. Hopefully one that is more positive than here and not ran by a dictator.

valuablemd6
02-15-2015, 06:20 PM
I'm so glad to have discovered this forum. I need as much guidance as I can get. I was actually looking to apply to CMU this week as a transfer, but wanted to know more about the school first. Please any information will be appreciated. You seem to have a first hand experience. It's hard finding CMU students. I feel like they'd be the best people to speak with.

verokmed
02-16-2015, 05:46 AM
Hi Valuablemd
I transfered to CMU long time ago and it was the best decision I ever made about my medical education. Now Im in clinicals and have absolutely no issues. Rotations are scheduled back to back and done at really great hospitals. I have learned a lot and now getting ready for Step 2.

02-16-2015, 11:09 AM
I need as much guidance as I can get.
Sure. Hopefully others will join in.

I was actually looking to apply to CMU this week as a transfer, but wanted to know more about the school first. Please any information will be appreciated.
Are you transferring into basic or clinical sciences? Basics "keep looking" Clinicals "you're better off"

You seem to have a first hand experience.
Unfortunately

It's hard finding CMU students.
Many won't write here because we have to deal with "a person" who is hateful and vindictive. I don't care. My account with CMU is current, I am passing my classes, and I have nothing to hide. What attracted me to this school was the price. I guess you get what you pay for. Right now, I am paying a heavy price of frustration dealing with this school. If you want my frustration and the frustration of so many others, send them your money (and they'll take it) and come on down.

valuablemd6
02-16-2015, 01:16 PM
Thanks for your reply. What State are you in? Since you said back to back, I'm guessing Chicago. If Chicago, do you/can you commute with public transportation or must you have a car? Actually, I have a lot of questions, is PM better or is e-mail better?

valuablemd6
02-16-2015, 01:20 PM
I just PMed you. Not sure if you'd receive it. I hope you do. I'm new on here so it said something about I can only PM staff until I reach 5 posts? Let me know if you received it. Thanks.

CMU-ADM
02-16-2015, 01:36 PM
Valuablemd6,

You can try to reach some on CMU's forum or FB page. If you have questions about admissions, or general questions about the school, including terms/rules that upset students when applied or enforced, then please contact me.

CMU Admission Dept.

02-20-2015, 09:21 AM
You can try to reach some on CMU's forum or FB page.
Yes you can but all of the answers to questions or comments will be screened. So the prospective student will only get one sided answers. They are better off taking their chances here on valuemd.

If you have questions about admissions, or general questions about the school, including terms/rules
Agreed. Students can get general information for you since you are the valuemd CMU admin rep.

Questions that upset students when applied or enforced, then please contact me.
I don’t think so. Will you be honest with your answers? We are going through a lot of drama right now and we are very upset about it, but yet you are here trying to recruit new students to share in our pain. If the weather is rainy don’t try and paint a sunny picture.

02-20-2015, 09:38 AM
Yes, come to CMU and be part of my world. The environment at CMU is very unstable. The good days were when we were only threatened by CMU. Going through our rooms without our permission, stealing from us, and fining us US $100 for having a messy room. Even though I have paid my rent for months at a time. If I want to keep my room messy its my business. I am paying to live here. I am not a tourist. I can’t cook anything because I will be fined US $100. Who ‘s getting that money anyway?

All this was happening when life was good at CMU. Now CMU’s landlord is messing with us.
We lost our cafeteria (did I mention I can’t cook in my room). We lost our internet/Wifi. We are being threatened to have our water shut off any day now. We are soon to be without electricity in a molded hotel which get’s very hot. So far no assurance from people who go over the top to show us they are in charge. I left one greedy school to come to another. I am mad.

valuablemd6
02-20-2015, 02:41 PM
That's really unfortunate and I'm sure you all have spoken to the school about it. Very unfortunate. I understand your frustration. Do you know people doing their Clinical in the States? Do you know what their experiences are like? How they feel in general about their clinical spots/location?

mjw
02-20-2015, 10:48 PM
Thanks for your reply. What State are you in? Since you said back to back, I'm guessing Chicago. If Chicago, do you/can you commute with public transportation or must you have a car? Actually, I have a lot of questions, is PM better or is e-mail better?

Hi,

I was a transfer into CMU and it's been great. I did all my rotations in Chicago so far. I'm originally from Chicago so if you have any questions let me know. I have a car but a lot of my friends don't and they get around just fine. Hope you get all your answers. You can PM me if you want.

02-22-2015, 09:01 AM
I understand your frustration. Do you know people doing their Clinical in the States? Do you know what their experiences are like? How they feel in general about their clinical spots/location?
No you don't.. Its bad here right now. No one I know is doing clinicals right now because we must pass step 1 first, but we also have to pay the school close to $10,000 before we get started.

CMU
02-23-2015, 06:14 AM
Dear Student
The issues you are having are not related to the school's operation but the housing situation of one out of 3 dorms. We are aware of it but you should understand that CMU leases the building for the students but the maintenance is done by the hotel management. They obviously are not doing their job therefore next semester we will be offering other hosing options to our students unless they finally fix all those issues. We truly apologize for the inconvenience but we have limited control over the way the Clarion manages the hotel.

CMU-ADM
02-23-2015, 11:24 AM
Hi TTWSUF! I didn't really reply to you, and I wrote "...questions about admissions, or general questions about the school, including terms/rules that upset students when applied or enforced, then please contact me." I wrote to the person who was asking, and anyone is free to contact anyone anywhere. So, please, if you quote me, please do so the exactly way I wrote. Thank you!

No, contacting students through FB or the forum are not screened if done from person to person; obviously, all forums from a particular school are screened by such school. This is not peculiar or particular solely to CMU.
If you create your page/group for something you do/offer, you will screen things. Reviews are not the same as posting on those type of media.
You may post a question or request at the forum and they can contact you privately through either means. How's that going to be screened by the school on FB if I were a student, posted a request for a student to contact me, and he or she writes me from his/her account to mine? Contrary to many people's beliefs, no, we don't have the power neither can we monitor their personal FB accounts/communications.

I have always been honest. There is nothing to hide. There are strengths and weaknesses in ALL schools including the ones in the U.S. or anywhere in the world. However, if I go also to any school in the U.S., which I have attended one in the recent past that I wasn't happy with it, and do attend one which is not great but not awful because no school will be able to have professors that cater to my learning style/preference for every class nor that every professor is great (according to what I think that is), not all administrators are awesome (some I have liked more than others just like my classmates, etc.), not all decision about what I thing should be done or not will be considered and applied, and the facilities are not without flaws, and everything is perfect to my taste, etc. If I go with this mentality, I probably would not join ANY even Ivy League schools which I have been invited to attend, and are NOT without flaws!

If I call them or join them hoping that they will let me know ahead of time what problems I am going to face, even known ones by the administration, how do you foresee them being able to anticipate all that I may like or not like especially with leadership? It's not something done anywhere, by any institution, organization, or any business. So, please don't post things depicting CMU as trying to hide something or not doing anything. People have good/bad experiences with any place and they way they handle that is what makes a difference.

I can hear and understand part of your frustrations, but I believe we should learn to channel our frustrations professionally & maturely which is expected of adults, but I also understand we grow and mature at really different rates; it's not an age thing.
To continue my story, I wasn't satisfied with a school I joined last year for some reasons, but not all was bad. Two of the professors I had were awesome, then another was not so good in my opinion; but she may have been great to others, there were other deficiencies with it as well in my opinion, and after the second time happening, and contacting several people regarding the issue (related to their departments), with unsatisfactory answers/resolutions, and instead of posting rants and upset messages which can also mislead others because it's one sided (other may not ever experience what I have, they may view/deal with things differently, it may not be an issue, etc.), so I evaluated the program I was enrolled, the school (and if I wanted to really graduate from there), and my options. In my case, I weighed the options and chose to change my program and go somewhere else (which does NOT mean the new place is free of deficiencies either), but to me, it worked.

Like I said, many students may like CMU (which I know personally that many do), some are OK, and others are disgruntled with many things including having to follow rules, and sometimes, they are upset with good reason; I don't discount that, but many times also, they have no reason at all and are upset with terms/rules they don't want applied to them, some want to be treated as an exception to all rules, payments, requirements, etc. There are many students who are deficient of personal responsibility/accountability and want to even dictate terms/rules! I've seen that myself, many time!
I don't know who you are, and am not trying to find out, but can you honestly say that you have not seen this either or do you think all who complain are absolutely right? Things are not always like that or right just because a student is complaining and or even because some unprofessional faculty members/admin stir them up. And everyone can make their judgment.

Please don't say that we don't try to resolve the issues or that it's a dictatorship because academics is enforced or because some didn't get the grade they wanted, or the housing is this or that, that we stole from students, etc.
When we rant and post these types of things it's like we're spitting on the plate we are eating, and it's also one sided as most happy/satisfied people/students are not vocal or enough and post happy experiences, etc. And again, even good/great experiences are also subjective. I do know and admit that.
"Truth" may be subjective as most of us don't simply depict facts; we add emotion, our personal ideas/views, etc. which distort the whole thing. What you posted is your "truth," the way you view it/experienced, through the lens you view the world. That's fine. I just feel that it's unproductive. However, if you want to stir up issue and steer away prospective students, and that will satisfy you, it's your choice too. Just remember that this is your school.

Many issues may take long to get done/resolved because things on the Island are not resolved at the speed many of us would like, and on top of that, we still may have issues with 3rd parties which you have been experiencing.
Yes, it is the school responsibility as we lease that, however, please also understand when things are really also out of our hands even though we are trying to do ALL we can to help and deal with it!

There are plans underway, but they cannot be resolved from night to day, unfortunately. Believe, I am feeling impatient with this as well and would love for CMU to get away from the buildings issues and those creating havoc which affects all of you and us!
I am not there, but I know the issues there (and had seen issues in the past), I have been contacted by some students, and have told them what I know, how I feel, and what I believe will be done, but again, it cannot be done in a blink of an eye, unfortunately.

Of course I am continuing my job; I have never heard of a school or institution or organization simply halting all work because of issues that happen. That's life and we have to deal with all. I am not here to paint anything, but to provide admission information for those who want and seek. It's not about being deceiving. Once you graduate, and have your own practice, if you will, or will be having customers if you will, you will understand this part!

I will leave you to your posts as is and if you believe or not what I posted/replied, I will also leave it to you. I have learned a long time ago that you can satisfy everyone neither you can make people believe you. So, please ignore this and go on as it may bring you happiness.

Hopefully, we all will learn and grow from good/great and bad/difficult experiences which are part of life and go through them as they happen, not stall or stop because issues will always happen.

Well, wish you the best, and have a bright, sunny day there!

* Those are my personal expressions and a reply to TTWSUF, and CMU does not endorse neither is responsible for this.

CMU-ADM
02-23-2015, 11:28 AM
Right, students must pass Step 1 and pay for their first clinical semester to be certified as we also pay the hospitals for their spots. They can begin rotations right after passing the exam and do all 72 weeks rotations in Chicago.

cadmd4
02-26-2015, 12:35 AM
Island life for basic sciences is hard for ANY caribbean medical student. I have so many stories from the island (not on Curacao) including freezing milk in my freezer, maggots in my cereal, cleaning staff walking into my room without consent, the list can go on. Every student has these stories which makes the island experience so much more unique lol. However, it was an experience. But i survived and life is SO MUCH BETTER when you transition to clinicals. Hang in there!! I promise there is light in the other end of the tunnel. I am graduating this year planning to apply to match. So i did it. And i have NO DOUBT all you CMU students on the island will make it too!!good luck! Pm for questions.

02-26-2015, 01:51 PM
The issues you are having are not related to the school's operation but the housing situation of one out of 3 dorms.
The housing situation is the school’s situation. That’s where my money is being paid for a semester of housing. Since I am paying you, that makes it CMU’s responsibility regardless. If my financial resource doesn’t give me the money to pay tuition, CMU is still going to hold me accountable for payment whether I received it or not.

We are aware of it but you should understand that CMU leases the building for the students but the maintenance is done by the hotel management .
Again.. this isn’t our problem. We pay CMU for housing and that should be the end of it for us. What ever problems CMU has with the hotel management should be worked out, with us students being left out of it.

They obviously are not doing their job therefore next semester we will be offering other hosing options to our students unless they finally fix all those issues .
After this experience, I doubt there will be a next time for me and many others. My experience living with CMU housing is not good. Why do I need to pay you to invade my privacy? We student’s don’t like that. I can give that money to someone else and have peace of mind. Charging us US $100 for “this and for that” in the dorms we rent, is a rip off and a slap in the face.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience but we have limited control over the way the Clarion manages the hotel.
Are you really? None of you were trying to help us get relocated when the power was supposed to be turned off. We were left to fend for ourselves. If the landlord shuts off power tonight, what would you do to help us? Where is the ceo? Nobody has seen him since the mess started with the landlord. He should be here telling us everything is going to be okay or letting us know he has a plan for us if the situation gets bad. Nothing! Let our tuition check be late. I bet he comes around then. This crisis at the school has given me a new perspective on the ceo. If the school was going down in flames, I am speculating the ceo would probaly keep his mouth shut just to keep collecting tuition before the doors actually close.

Hi TTWSUF! I didn't really reply to you
It is my topic, so everyone is fair game that joins in. I do thank you for expressing your opinion and providing an alternative view point.

You may post a question or request at the forum and they can contact you privately through either means. How's that going to be screened by the school on FB if I were a student, posted a request for a student to contact me, and he or she writes me from his/her account to mine? Contrary to many people's beliefs, no, we don't have the power neither can we monitor their personal FB accounts/communications.
A few students over the past two semester were approached by CMU officials about information on their private facebook accounts. Somebody is snooping and telling.

I have always been honest. There is nothing to hide.
Good. That will make your post more credible. Which is good for you being an admissions administrator.

If I call them or join them hoping that they will let me know ahead of time what problems I am going to face, even known ones by the administration, how do you foresee them being able to anticipate all that I may like or not like especially with leadership? It's not something done anywhere, by any institution, organization, or any business.
Of course, no one is saying that or complaining about that.

So, please don't post things depicting CMU as trying to hide something or not doing anything. People have good/bad experiences with any place and the way they handle that is what makes a difference.
I am not depicting anything that is false. I am saying it exactly how it has been so far. CMU is responsible for their reputation. If CMU does not want certain information circulating out in the public, then CMU needs to hold itself accountable and not do certain things.

I can hear and understand part of your frustrations, but I believe we should learn to channel our frustrations professionally & maturely which is expected of adults, but I also understand we grow and mature at really different rates; it's not an age thing.
I am glad you touched on this subject. Yes we are all adults on campus and should be treated with respect and professionalism but we don’t receive that. What we get is immature and unprofessional behavior by someone we have to rely on heavily. That does not go well with me. I am a paying customer of this school and I should not have to deal with that. I guess you’re right. Some of us grow and mature at different rates. Sometimes these are the people holding the keys to your future.

Like I said, many students may like CMU (which I know personally that many do), some are OK, and others are disgruntled with many things including having to follow rules, and sometimes, they are upset with good reason; I don't discount that, but many times also, they have no reason at all and are upset with terms/rules they don't want applied to them, some want to be treated as an exception to all rules, payments, requirements, etc.
Students including myself want to be treated fairly. There shouldn’t be a set of rules for me, a set for someone who is more likeable by certain admin people, and a different set for those that are deemed attractive and desirable. We all should be treated the same. My money has the same color and value as the next person. We want fairness. Is that too much to ask for?

There are many students who are deficient of personal responsibility/accountability and want to even dictate terms/rules! I've seen that myself, many time!
Of course that is not right but, that is a small percentage of students. So the rest of the students must pay?

I don't know who you are, and am not trying to find out, but can you honestly say that you have not seen this either or do you think all who complain are absolutely right? Things are not always like that or right just because a student is complaining and or even because some unprofessional faculty members/admin stir them up. And everyone can make their judgment.
Oh I am sure someone is hard at work trying to figure out who is telling all CMU’s dirty little secrets. I do agree with some things you say. My point on posting here is, the school needs to take students more seriously and not take us for granted. We chose to pay CMU are tuition instead of the other 2 schools on the island. So respect that. Respect that we chose CMU and not somewhere else. Don’t take my money and then treat me as if I don’t matter. I can take my tuition check and give it to someone else. Respect my money.

Please don't say that we don't try to resolve the issues or that it's a dictatorship because academics is enforced or because some didn't get the grade they wanted, or the housing is this or that, that we stole from students, etc.
If I complain of a dictatorship and items being stolen from student housing, the thing to say is, we’ll look into it. CMU is quick to shut down any complaint or concern. That doesn’t show respect for my tuition check.

When we rant and post these types of things it's like we're spitting on the plate we are eating
This is not a rant. This is a true concern. If CMU is concerned about its plate, then CMU should be even more concerned about the hand that feeds it (students). Without students there is no CMU. If half of the student body dropped, some people will lose their jobs, others commissions, and so on. So why would CMU make us unhappy, especially if your livelihoods depended upon us (students) being there.

And it's also one sided as most happy/satisfied people/students are not vocal or enough and post happy experiences, etc. And again, even good/great experiences are also subjective. I do know and admit that.
Everyone has an opinion. This one is mine. The other students are more than welcome to join in and voice their opinion.

"Truth" may be subjective as most of us don't simply depict facts; we add emotion, our personal ideas/views, etc. which distort the whole thing. What you posted is your "truth," the way you view it/experienced, through the lens you view the world. That's fine. I just feel that it's unproductive.
This is my truth and the truth for many others. Why do I have to come here to voice my frustrations? There is no Dean of Students for students to go and express issues. There is only one person. Most of us would rather drink poison than talk to him about any of our concerns.

However, if you want to stir up issue and steer away prospective students, and that will satisfy you, it's your choice too. Just remember that this is your school.
I am not trying to stir things up. I am expressing my concerns publicly. Which I can do that. This is the era of reviews and rating services. This is me rating the service that I receive at a school I give my money to. I am not steering prospective students away from CMU. CMU is steering away prospective students. CMU needs to give us good reasons to say good things about the school. Avoid doing things that makes us upset. It is so simple. DON’T:
• Invade our privacy
• Disrespect us by talking down to us or yelling at us and being unprofessional. We are adults.
• Steal our items from the dorms
• Show favoritism
• Present sexually inappropriate behavior with select female students
• Assess fine$ (really) – One hundred dollars!
• Recruit low quality Professors
• Leave us to fend for ourselves when things go wrong
• Use home drug testing kits to get back at students because of revenge

If CMU cares about its reputation, not doing the above is a good start.

Many issues may take long to get done/resolved because things on the Island are not resolved at the speed many of us would like, and on top of that, we still may have issues with 3rd parties which you have been experiencing.
Most of us are okay with the Island. The Island is the Island.

Yes, it is the school responsibility as we lease that, however, please also understand when things are really also out of our hands even though we are trying to do ALL we can to help and deal with it!
Understood

There are plans underway, but they cannot be resolved from night to day, unfortunately. Believe, I am feeling impatient with this as well and would love for CMU to get away from the buildings issues and those creating havoc which affects all of you and us!
We’ll see how it goes. Show us don’t tell us.

I am not there, but I know the issues there (and had seen issues in the past), I have been contacted by some students, and have told them what I know, how I feel, and what I believe will be done, but again, it cannot be done in a blink of an eye, unfortunately.
Agreed.

Of course I am continuing my job; I have never heard of a school or institution or organization simply halting all work because of issues that happen.
You’re right but most institutions would at least try to console us and make amends. Compensate for our inconvenience.

Hopefully, we all will learn and grow from good/great and bad/difficult experiences which are part of life and go through them as they happen, not stall or stop because issues will always happen.
Agreed.

Well, wish you the best, and have a bright, sunny day there!
Now that I got that off my chest. It is seeming a little brighter.

CMU does not endorse neither is responsible for this.
Yea, we know, CMU is NOT going to take any responsibility. Ask the ceo, if you can find him.

Island life for basic sciences is hard for ANY caribbean medical student. I have so many stories from the island (not on Curacao) including freezing milk in my freezer, maggots in my cereal, cleaning staff walking into my room without consent, the list can go on.
This Island is better than my last Island. No complaints here.

life is SO MUCH BETTER when you transition to clinicals. Hang in there!! I promise there is light in the other end of the tunnel.
That's what we keep hearing. I hope so.

I am graduating this year planning to apply to match. So i did it. And i have NO DOUBT all you CMU students on the island will make it too!!good luck!
Congrats on graduating this year.

03-08-2015, 07:40 AM
The feelings of insecurity runs high on campus. CMU feels unstable. Many of us feel the school is going to close at some point. The Dean has admitted they are having money issues with the landlord. You cannot get more than that out of him. The Dean is a person you don't want to talk to for more than 30 seconds due to having a low frustration threshold. No one is telling us truthfully the direction and stability of the school, which is never a good sign. With all the instability going on, The Dean is still picking on students. Not enforcing academics (whatever that means), picking on people or trying to intimidate students, because he feels he can. Don't tick him off cuz he'll find a reason to throw you out of school. This is the kind of person that runs our school. Usually the school bully is a student not a paid administrator.

The services at CMU are continuing to get worse. We recently had White Coat which started at one point in a nice auditorium, then to a smaller room but still adequate, and most recently to a small generic conference room down the street from CMU. Not the kind of place I want to invite my parents to see. We are having new Professor issues, library hours have been cut, and access to campus afterhours have been cut. What is going to be next? I will keep you posted out there, because if you are planning to come to CMU "right now" you should know what you are walking in to.

03-16-2015, 06:33 AM
All those considering applying to CMU in the state that this school is in right now. Send CMU your money and come experience it for yourself. If you are lucky, maybe someone will force you into a restroom, prevent you from leaving by locking the door, and have you pee in a cup. Great times here at CMU. Don't miss it. Send them your money.

Matinuk2
03-17-2015, 06:49 PM
@ the_truth_will_set_u_free,
Hi, I went through all of your posts. I'm looking for a medical school at the moment and I can see that CMU has many unresolved issues, but I'm baffled with one question. How come you are still there? Can you not transfer to another medical school?

03-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Hi Matinkuk2:

This school has more than unresolved issues. The people that run this school are corrupt. It becoming more apparent every week. I am still there because the semester ends in 1 month. It doesn't make sense to leave right now. Now next semester, that's a different story. I am most likely getting out of here. This past week sucked major eggs. We have the clinical Dean visiting right now from Canada and I have to tell you. He's a complete joke. I don't know who he is trying to impress by pushing students around and acting like he's the shee-it. He could just talk to us and be real but no... he has to act like he's the almighty. We are not impress. He can go back to Canada for all we care. The regular dean ???????? I don't have enough space on the internet to describe how ridiculous and asinine this man is. This past weekend he visit some of the students rooms that students pay rent for and I mean good money, to harass and bully. He shows up unannounced on this weekend demanding for people to open the door so he can come in. He shows up with the guy from Canada and a woman nobody knows walking into the rooms. What is wrong with this guy? Does he not have life on the weekends? Does he not have a girlfriend or somebody special to spend his time with on the weekend? Noooo he's gotta come and mess with us. Great job Dean of academics. Makes me want to sign up next semester... Not!

Matinkuk2.. you don't want to come here. Not the way these people act, especially the Dean of Academics. Ever since he gave up his one class, he has been on a mission to make students lives miserable. He is doing a great job too because many of us are miserable attending this school. The dean is rude, arrogant, insensitive, unprofessional, and unfair. Worst of all, he bullies students. The atmosphere here is very negative. The owner and ceo of the school does nothing. He ignores our pleas for help and for justice. All he does is cash our check. We are having a meeting tomorrow with the guy from Canada. Let's see what load of garbage he has for us. I will report the meeting here tomorrow. No of us are looking forward to talking with this guy. We've been through this before already. There might be many slots open next semester, so if you want one I am sure you will get one. These greedy people only want our money. That's it. They don't care about anything else.

if you have real questions about this school and life at this school, ask me. I will tell you the honest truth.

fancyproblems
03-18-2015, 02:14 PM
Hello
I am also a student at CMU, yes this school is not perfect, but it’s still better than a lot other Caribbean schools. The money we pay here compare to other schools is nothing. This school is fairly new, and they work hard every day to make the school better. I personally had the best time and did extremely well. Unless you cause trouble, no one says anything to you. The dean of academics works too hard for this school. Many students are involved with illegal drugs and cause lots of trouble so I’m not surprised if the dean has to go to student rooms to make the school environment/dorms safe. I’m sorry if you felt your right of privacy was intruded, I think you should talk with the dean and let him know you didn’t appreciate him entering your dorm. Overall CMU is a great school, and it’s getting better every semester. Personally if you are in the Caribbean looking for a school, CMU will be your best pick, why? Because this school tells u what to expect on exams, they don’t threat to kick students out, the environment is calm, they are very helpful, the dean of academics is really chill and understanding, clinical rotations can be completed in 16 months faster than any other Caribbean school. I think coming to CMU will be a wise choice. It’s not perfect but it will get you your MD. Everyone has the right to their opinion, but I personally love it here!

LeavingRss
03-18-2015, 03:40 PM
Hello
I am also a student at CMU, yes this school is not perfect, but it’s still better than a lot other Caribbean schools. The money we pay here compare to other schools is nothing. This school is fairly new, and they work hard every day to make the school better. I personally had the best time and did extremely well. Unless you cause trouble, no one says anything to you. The dean of academics works too hard for this school. Many students are involved with illegal drugs and cause lots of trouble so I’m not surprised if the dean has to go to student rooms to make the school environment/dorms safe. I’m sorry if you felt your right of privacy was intruded, I think you should talk with the dean and let him know you didn’t appreciate him entering your dorm. Overall CMU is a great school, and it’s getting better every semester. Personally if you are in the Caribbean looking for a school, CMU will be your best pick, why? Because this school tells u what to expect on exams, they don’t threat to kick students out, the environment is calm, they are very helpful, the dean of academics is really chill and understanding, clinical rotations can be completed in 16 months faster than any other Caribbean school. I think coming to CMU will be a wise choice. It’s not perfect but it will get you your MD. Everyone has the right to their opinion, but I personally love it here!

Obviously fake post by CMU official!!! This is hilariously pathetic!

fancyproblems
03-18-2015, 05:19 PM
Thanks for comparing me to a school official. If anything I could care less what my fellow students think. I know I brag about CMU because I have been through worse. As for the individuals wanting to leave CMU, let me guess all of you are in MED 4 and probably failing Pathology because the professor expects you all to work hard. Sorry guys life is not fair, sometimes you have to work hard to earn your grades. It’s not always sunshine and rainbows, this is med school, if you don’t work hard you will fail and blaming the school for your failure or bashing its reputation will not help you pass your step 1. I can understand that everyone is stressed out with finals coming soon, but instead of complaining, if you guys try studying maybe there is chance you guys don’t have to sit for retakes.

fancyproblems
03-18-2015, 05:25 PM

LeavingRss
03-18-2015, 06:24 PM
deleted post

fancyproblems
03-18-2015, 08:31 PM
Wait so let me get this straight, you have never been to CMU. It doesn’t make sense for you to bash or complain about something you didn’t even attend. It appears that someone must have really hurt your feelings to get you so angry at CMU. You accuse me of being a school official, even though I’m a MED 5 student currently doing Kaplan. If anything I feel honored to be looked as an official, so you can continue to view me as one. I’m just so intrigued to know what exactly happened to you to get you so riled up against CMU. It’s okay if it was something very personal that you don’t want to share.

LeavingRss
03-18-2015, 09:10 PM
deleted post

03-20-2015, 01:21 AM
Hello, I am also a studentat CMU, yes this school is not perfect, but it’s still better than a lot otherCaribbean schools.
It is also a lot worse than most Caribbean schools.Toward the lower half to be exact. At the rate CMU is going, it will be on thefloor bottom in a short time.

The money we pay herecompare to other schools is nothing.
Speak for yourself. We are still paying hard earned money.

This school is fairly new,and they work hard every day to make the school better.
How? Who is working everyday to make things better? Thereis no one trying to make anything better especially on the Curacao campus. I can attest to that. I am there.

I personally had the best time and did extremely well.
Good for you.

Unless you cause trouble,no one says anything to you. The dean of academics works too hard for thisschool.
Who goes to med school to cause trouble? The Dean actually works? The only thing he works hard at is tearing the school down. He has the Midas touch for destruction, instead of things turning to gold(success), everything he touches turns to (fill in the blank).

Many students are involvedwith illegal drugs and cause lots of trouble so I’m not surprised if the deanhas to go to student rooms to make the school environment/dorms safe.
How do you know what other students are doing? If that isthe case, why doesn’t the Dean go only to the rooms suspected? How does he findthe time? Personally, most of us think he’s a “peeping tom.”

I’m sorry if you felt yourright of privacy was intruded
It is my fault. That’s what I get for living in their dorms (prison). I should have taken the time to get my own place.

I think you should talkwith the dean and let him know you didn’t appreciate him entering your dorm.
Oh you do. Most of us don’t like talking to him. Imaginehaving an 11 year old be in charge of you. You can’t go and talk to someone who has poor social etiquette. He is not pleasant to be around. He is a piece of work. We all know it here. We try to be nice tohim because he is the Dean but honestly he is not capable. We need someone badly who can do the job.

Overall CMU is a greatschool, and it’s getting better every semester.
CMU could be a great school but it isn’t. The Dean is running the school in the ground with his unprofessionalism and erratic behavior.

Personally if you are inthe Caribbean looking for a school, CMU will be your best pick, why? Becausethis school tells u what to expect on exams, they don’t threat to kick studentsout,
Keep going, don't come here. Not right now. The Dean threatens to kick people out all the time. He also threatens to hold students’ transcripts. He is a big problem. Why would anyone come here after hearing this? If I knew CMU had all of these problems, I would have gone to one of the other schools on the Island. It is not worth the headache.

the environment is calm,
The students are calm for the most part. The Dean is not. He is a troublemaker and he likes to get back at students. You cannot trust him.

the dean of academics isreally chill and understanding,
Which Dean are you talking about? You are not talking about the one that walks around looking crazy at everybody, being the scrub police, having temper tantrums because he doesn’t get his little way. He isanything but chill. I am surprised CMU hired him. He clearly is not qualified for his job. We all know this. He thinks we don’t know how insecure and incompetent as a Dean he really is. We know. We all know.

I think coming to CMU willbe a wise choice.
If you want to be treated like dirt and disrespected by the Dean, come to CMU.

It’s not perfect but it will get you your MD.Everyone has the right to their opinion,
My opinion of CMU: It really could be a good school but that won’t happen until they get rid of the Dean of Academics. He is not competent and it shows. Message to RL: Is this the best you can do?

1215Ethix
03-20-2015, 03:20 PM
I agree with you there. Felons, criminals, and bribers come to this school making it harder and harder to get a quality education then you have the dean of academics who loves being around female students and then blaming his problems on students. There is a large amount of favoritism in this school it's sick! The owner of the school himself is a scam artist.

03-21-2015, 05:35 AM
dean of academics who loves being around female students
Especially at Halloween parties. Boo!

03-21-2015, 04:04 PM
So for this week I will report:

Man from Canada held a meeting with the student body and talked about clinical rotation which was helpful He says there are many CMU students rotating and matching in residency but he won’t give us any details. He also avoided any questions about our concerns on campus. He kept repeating himself “I am here to clean up this place.” It’s weird when he says that next to “man who causes trouble.” You can tell “man who causes trouble” doesn’t like it. He sits there turning beet red but he dare not say anything. We all think head honcho “Man with no Clue” sent “Man from Canada” to check on “man who causes trouble.”

CMU is crappier than last week and the week before that. Thanks to “man who causes trouble.”
Students continue to be insulted and disrespected for no reason by “man who causes trouble.”
We are still left in the dark on what to expect due to the lackluster presentation by “Man from Canada.”
We are not sure by what he means by cleaning up this place, but we can only assume he will start by cleaning up the muddy trotter tracks left by “man who causes trouble.”
Head honcho – “Man with no Clue” during the thick of the battle last month with “Man who carries Big stick” took the guilder and ran. Many of us have not heard from him since. He is returning few emails to students while we get randomly selected for the CMU firing squad.

Current status – It sucks attending CMU “right now.” Hopefully things will change for the better.

03-22-2015, 10:48 PM
No one came banging on my door after-hours today unlike last weekend. Demanding to be let in for a room inspection. Are you serious? Sunday? Unannounced? Really! I mean Really!

I don’t think you people understand what you are doing. Let me help you.

Room inspection = We don’t like you

Room inspection unannounced = We really don’t like you

Room inspection unannounced + being a jerk = We can’t stand you and hope you fall and break your neck on the way out.

Room inspection unannounced while we are not home = You are sick and perverted, probably going through our dirty laundry smelling our underwear. Who does a room inspection without the tenant being home? Sick and perverted people do. Fellow dorm students, lock up your dirty laundry when you are not home.

Every time you officials inspect our rooms just to be nosey, I will come here on this forum and tell the world how CMU invades theirs students’ privacy.

If you are coming to CMU next semester, don’t move into any of their dorms. They do things in your room when you are not home… and that’s the truth!

1215Ethix
03-22-2015, 11:02 PM
I heard that from a professor several times and students. The dean is a piece of work!

1215Ethix
03-22-2015, 11:03 PM
U should take a video with ur phone and show it to admin and/or YouTube

03-23-2015, 05:02 AM
U should take a video with ur phone and show it to admin and/or YouTube
If am going to put anything on YouTube, it will be a phone video I already have. I will title it:
man who causes trouble, gets his "grind on" at official school Halloween party.

If you were there, you know what I am talkin' about.

Shake that nay nay

1215Ethix
03-23-2015, 06:49 AM
Uh no thank you. I love my school in the Texas! Good Luck!

jay12349
03-24-2015, 08:32 AM
.................................................. ...................

03-28-2015, 01:14 PM
So for this week I will report:
CMU remains a troubled campus for another week. Thanks to “man who causes trouble.”
Students and their families continue to be insulted and disrespected for no reason by “man who causes trouble.”
We are still having housing issues because there is no leadership or accountability from Head Honcho – “Man with no Clue” or “man who causes trouble”.
Many of us are worried if we get on “man who causes trouble” wrong side, he will change our grades like he has done for the past few semester to other people he did not like.
“Man who causes trouble” does not like to be “outed” for his dirty deeds, but he needs to be pulled out of the closet and exposed. CMU needs to be a place of learning not a place of fear.
Current status – It still sucks attending CMU “right now.” Hopefully things will change for the better.

03-29-2015, 02:02 PM
We always get an email about someone else not doing their job, or not doing this, or not doing that. Always shifting blame on someone else. We don’t want to hear that. We want to hear, what are you doing about the housing problem, which seems to be nothing. Its never CMU’s fault. All we get is excuse after excuse and no results. The landlord doesn’t like you people for some reason. If you do business with the landlord the way you do business with us, I can see why he hates you people. We don’t like the way you do business with us. It is always one problem after another, student after student, semester after semester but it’s never your fault. This semester has been a total disaster. Maybe that’s not your fault either. Thanks a lot.

1215Ethix
03-29-2015, 02:14 PM
Shifting blame on others is what CMU is all about especially from "the man who causes trouble" . The landlord has not liked CMU for some time now starting with my class (9/12). CMU seems to be getting worse and Thank God I am out of that hell-hole!

CMU
03-30-2015, 07:28 AM
No one came banging on my door after-hours today unlike last weekend. Demanding to be let in for a room inspection. Are you serious? Sunday? Unannounced? Really! I mean Really!

I don’t think you people understand what you are doing. Let me help you.

Room inspection = We don’t like you

Room inspection unannounced = We really don’t like you

Room inspection unannounced + being a jerk = We can’t stand you and hope you fall and break your neck on the way out.

Room inspection unannounced while we are not home = You are sick and perverted, probably going through our dirty laundry smelling our underwear. Who does a room inspection without the tenant being home? Sick and perverted people do. Fellow dorm students, lock up your dirty laundry when you are not home.

Every time you officials inspect our rooms just to be nosey, I will come here on this forum and tell the world how CMU invades theirs students’ privacy.

If you are coming to CMU next semester, don’t move into any of their dorms. They do things in your room when you are not home… and that’s the truth!

One day you are complaining by the room inspections by the landlord and the other you understand the landlord not liking us cause CMU refused to extend the lease due to those issues and room rates increase. From now on you can deal with the landlord by yourself or find a better housing options.

psychvmd
03-31-2015, 09:25 PM

psychvmd
03-31-2015, 10:05 PM

psychvmd
03-31-2015, 10:09 PM
.................................................. .........

RMK06
04-02-2015, 11:49 PM

04-04-2015, 10:23 AM
I can't stand people who post on ValueMd to complain nonstop. Yeah CMU may have its ups and downs but if there is a need to fix something, the admin will attend to that.
Why do you come here? Many of us feel that admin is not capable. If they were capable, the school would not be in the mess that it is in now.

Once you get to clinics, Dr H will take the best care of you and make sure your needs are taken care of.
For what he is charging us to get started, I would hope so. That’s is the least he could do.

Focus on your studies and get the job done.
That would be nice but unfortunately I attend a medical school that thrives and feeds on drama. How can one focus when you have to worry about things coming down from the school everyday.

If you don't like CMU, then go elsewhere. The school has came a long ways since the time I was there on the island from the start to the very last time I was there on the Island back in January 2013 for my final visit to Curacao.
I would like to go somewhere else but there is a person called “man who causes trouble.” He likes to cause trouble for people who would like to try somewhere else. I know it sounds ridiculous but that’s what we have to work with.

Thank u for the apartment lstings J

Some of the locals on the island can be disrespectful & make things complicated.
Most of our complication comes from CMU not the locals

I personally am grateful for the opportunity at CMU. I love the school!
Good for you! Maybe you were one of the select few to get a discount off your tuition or have your grade changed “for the better.” Now that I think about it, I would be grateful too. Everybody knows this is a scam reserved for favorites.

My friends that went to other caribbean schools tell me they have faced similar obstacles. .
I know people at other schools and nobody is feeling the pain like us. They have drama but not drama like at CMU.

We tend to overexaggerate since we came from countries where we had it easy. No point in dwelling on all that drama, just focus on studying.
O.K., speak for yourself. No over exaggeration here. I call it as I see it. I have not listed one thing here on this thread about CMU that is not true or happening "right now."

So for this week I will report: A few classmates were able to find places to live despite the chaos and fiasco of CMU’s housing which admin is totally responsible for, even though they will say otherwise. “man who causes trouble” has made improvements this week by trying to help students, so credit will be granted for this week’s effort. Unfortunately for the disaster, which has claimed out semester, “man who causes trouble” ratings is so far down the toilet with us, not even a licensed plumber can remedy the situation. Head honcho “Man with no Clue” remains clueless and continues to allow us to “get hosed” one way or another while attending his glorious institution. Should I give head honcho “Man with no Clue” more of my money for another semester of disorganization and drama? Hmm, I’ll think about it tomorrow. Gotta start gettin' ready for finals.

Current status – It still sucks attending CMU “right now.”Hopefully things will change for the better next semester.

psychvmd
04-04-2015, 10:55 AM

psychvmd
04-04-2015, 11:12 AM
.................................................. ............

UndercoverDOC
04-10-2015, 05:29 PM
Amazing how much complaining there is. I transferred to CMU from another school and let me tell you, you have it easy if these are the problems you are facing. The school lets you sit for you USMLE and they try to help you the best they can. If you spent all the time you do complaining on forums doing Uworld and slamming the first aid and studying, you would kill your boards. I am not a school official, but I will be more than happy to give you my full name and number if you message me and I will tell you what what a truly poor university is like. Also, the tuition is not bad at all. If you are miserable, leave, finish your pre-reqs with a 3.8 GPA, ace the MCAT, and apply to US schools. Then, when you do not get in, you can go to SGU, Ross, or AUC and spend $400k on your tuition to get the same degree and be treated even worse. The campus is in a third world country, it is always like this. When I attended my previous institution and lived on the island, the police would pull me over, take me out of my car, and put a gun to my head with their fingers on the trigger to extort me for money. So, I can only imagine how traumatized you must have been by the dean entering your room lol. Medicine and anything worthwhile require dedication, it is an endurance race. Stop worrying about these little insignificant things that you will laugh about one day and focus on your boards and enjoying your time on a beautiful island the best you can.

04-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Amazing how much complaining there is.
I know it’s amazing. CMU gives us so much to complain about. We don’t want to do it but they make us do it. You are probably wondering “how do they make you complain?” Well, CMU “shafts us” and “hose us” regularly until we start complaining. I think they want us to do it because when we stop complaining, they start hosing and shafting again. I am afraid to stop complaining because I can’t take it anymore. We have been “hosed” and “shafted” all semester long. Some of us are getting colonoscopies when we go home on break because of the damage inflicted on us this semester.

So, I can only imagine how traumatized you must have been by the dean entering your room lol.
Very! Was it a room inspection or was it creepin’? Most of us think it was creepin’ because he has that reputation, especially after Halloween party 2014, when he got his “grind on” all over the place. It was our party, not the dean’s. I think he came as a Pirate, because he was interested in “booty” and walked with a pegleg all night. We are still disgusted from that horrific event.

The school lets you sit for you USMLE and they try to help you the best they can.
The school is supposed to let me sit for the USMLE. Do you think I am there just to eat chicken and rice everyday? There best isn’t good enough. They need to get qualified people that know how to run a school. We need a regular Joe, who can roll up his sleeves and get the job done. The person we have now is just too smart. I don’t understand why such genius is being wasted at our school. This person should be at NASA or JPL. I think because of brilliance and world accomplishments and nothing here to apply that to, the person over thinks and causes trouble for us. I also think when one speaks too many languages, all the dialects combined with gifted special powers, get convoluted in the brain, and sometimes come out as social awkwardness. We know the intelligence is in there, but the low yield output we receive is killing us. We need a regular Joe or Jane, someone who is in the middle.

I am not a school official, but I will be more than happy to give you my full name and number if you message me and I will tell you what what a truly poor university is like.
You are forgetting I attend one. You don’t have to tell me, I am experiencing it firsthand.

Also, the tuition is not bad at all.
So because of my tuition I should accept being “shafted?” Why would anyone do that?
By the way feel free to pay my tuition. It’s not that bad.

If you are miserable, leave, finish your pre-reqs with a 3.8 GPA, ace the MCAT, and apply to US schools. Then, when you do not get in, you can go to SGU, Ross, or AUC and spend $400k on your tuition to get the same degree and be treated even worse.
You have a strange perception of the world. You can predict my fate? Did you go to those schools?

When I attended my previous institution and lived on the island, the police would pull me over, take me out of my car, and put a gun to my head with their fingers on the trigger to extort me for money.
I can believe it. It probably happens more than what you are telling us.

04-12-2015, 09:41 AM
This information is circulating around campus from a school official. I am not sure what to think of it. It seems as though, I am lined up to pay a lot of fee’s before I can rotate. I added my comments * in italic * under each fee. Tell me what you think.

Please find attached the application form and application submittal checklist. You do not need a letter of good standing and proof of insurance as we will get these documents from your school.

Please do note that due to the strict hospital covenants students are required to pay a one time fee. I have listed the break down of the fee schedule: (these are not included in your Clinical Tuition and are a part of your Integrated Clinical Medicine course). All of the below are mandatory requirements in order to commence your clinical rotations.

$125 - Application & Service Fee
*For what application and for what services (hidden cost). Why $125 versus $50, especially since this is mandatory??

$300 - HIPAA, OSHA, Hospital safety training, bloodbourne pathogens (required by Hospitals)
*Bloodbourne pathogens training at the Red Cross cost $25
HIPPA training cost around $30 or less
OSHA is the name of the government agency that oversee it
So where is the extra $245 going towards?

$750 - Integrated Clinical Medicine Orientation (required by Hospitals)
*What is this? Required by whose hospital? What is the orientation that is worth $750

$100 - USA National Background Check (done internally by our affiliate agency)
*This is fair.

$200 - American Medical Residency Certification Board Course (AMRCB)
*What is this? Why do we need to pay $200 for this? This is not required by the ECFMG. So why is it mandatory that we pay this? What do we receive that we cannot do ourselves to save money.

$25 – Clinical Reference Pocket Book
*This is fair. Books can be expensive.

$50 - CPR/Basic Life Support (BLS)
*This is fair

$225 - Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
*This is fair

$225 - Pediatric Life Support (PALS)
*This is fair

Total= $2000 USD
*I don’t understand why I need to pay an extra $1320 on top of my tuition.

This is the background check required by Hospitals. Online background checks are not accepted.

Please note: You all will also need to complete the BLS/ACLS/PALS Courses within the first 12 weeks of starting your rotations. All three courses are done in 2 days

psychvmd
04-12-2015, 05:10 PM

1215Ethix
04-17-2015, 07:53 PM
Yes you can but all of the answers to questions or comments will be screened. So the prospective student will only get one sided answers. They are better off taking their chances here on valuemd. There are schoolreps with screennames that resemble students.

Agreed. Students can get general information for you since you are the valuemd CMU admin rep.

I don’t think so. Will you be honest with your answers? We are going through a lot of drama right now and we are very upset about it, but yet you are here trying to recruit new students to share in our pain. If the weather is rainy don’t try and paint a sunny picture.
the drama is so intense that another 4th medical school has been created in Curacao called JFK Medical School where a lot of students from CMU go to since they are being terrorized by the idiotic dean. I just got my acceptance letter to JFK medical school so Im happy and agree that everything The truth will set you free says is true hence the reason why I left CMU. CMU is crap in the basic sciences and is even more crappier in the clinical sciences with more lies and misrepresentations.

verokmed
04-23-2015, 05:37 PM
No one is going to any JFK "school of medicine" so dont think there will be even one soul leaving CMU. JFK has been created and struggled for 2 years to get an IMED listing but:
JFK is not accredited by WHO (Avicenna)
JFK has no professor except the lady (dean) who opened it after being fired from CMU for the lowest students evaluations for 3 semesters in a row.
JFK doesn't have a single student in rotations nor one hospital
JFK doesn't have more than few students dismissed from CMU and Avalon
JFK doesn't have solid campus, NO labs and NO dorms. JFK is a nothing more than one rented office and a classroom
JFK doesnt have any financial aid nor students loans. It would have to exist at least 10 years to be eligible for Canadian government loans.
JFK doenst have even one student attempted USMLE not even mentioning passing it so STEP PASSING RATE is ZERO
JFK has ZERO graduates and ZERO residents.

I would advise you not to make fun of yourself by posting such a nonsense please

1215Ethix
05-05-2015, 04:55 PM
Lol sounds like you are an administrator posing as a student misrepresenting CMU as usual. None of those many hospitals on your pathetic website has ever heard of CMU except a few hospitals in Atlanta and Chicago. Lake Shore Hospital is in Ohio, not Indiana and Larkin has never heard of CMU since CMU is not recognized in the state of Florida either. How many graduates does CMU have in residency?1 or 2. For a student, you seem to be adamant about CMU's reputation and that's because you are probably an administrator posing as a student so keep blabbering away. Best school in the Caribbean-lol what a joke...best school in the Caribbean to rip you off and give you a crap education and not take any responsibility for it's students well being and safety. Health insurance plan is a scam, and cell phone is a scam not to mention the medloan is a scam too with the silly things you tell students: "wait until the end of the semester to see semester's grades and still slam students with an outstanding balance since your financial aid department is junk and full of stupid people who can't process more paperwork so later they dump it on students with some ridiculous excuse because the only thing that matters to CMU is how much money you can rip students off." Anyone can say best Caribbean medical school but what do you have to show for it? Not much at all except flashy building full of mold and wanna be classrooms with seasonal professors so keep talking.
No one is going to any JFK "school of medicine" so dont think there will be even one soul leaving CMU. JFK has been created and struggled for 2 years to get an IMED listing but:
JFK has no professor except the lady (dean) who opened it after being fired from CMU for the lowest students evaluations for 3 semesters in a row.
JFK doesn't have solid campus, NO labs and NO dorms. JFK is a nothing more than one rented office and a classroom
JFK doesnt have any financial aid nor students loans. It would have to exist at least 10 years to be eligible for Canadian government loans.
JFK doenst have even one student attempted USMLE not even mentioning passing it so STEP PASSING RATE is ZERO

I would advise you not to make fun of yourself by posting such a nonsense please

1215Ethix
05-08-2015, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=verokmed;1516130]No one is going to any JFK "school of medicine" so dont think there will be even one soul leaving CMU. JFK has been created and struggled for 2 years to get an IMED listing

You sound so sure of yourself school administrator

verokmed
05-09-2015, 03:53 PM
Sure 400 students do rotations in few hospitals in Chicago and Atlanta. You are dreaming. Farah S created that fishy JFK "medical school" cause she was dismissed from CMU as a worst professors few semesters in a row. She was my teacher so I know her very well. She cant even speak proper English, besides the fact that she never passed board exams and got the MD degree from a non-existing medical school in Belize. I dont have to defend CMU cause 700 attending students speak for itself but tell me what JFK has or prove me wrong that cause JFK medical school is a rip off due to:

Scott1981
05-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Sure 400 students do rotations in few hospitals in Chicago and Atlanta. You are dreaming. Farah S created that fishy JFK "medical school" cause she was dismissed from CMU as a worst professors few semesters in a row. She was my teacher so I know her very well. She cant even speak proper English, besides the fact that she never passed board exams and got the MD degree from a non-existing medical school in Belize. I dont have to defend CMU cause 700 attending students speak for itself but tell me what JFK has or prove me wrong that cause JFK medical school is a rip off due to:

this is the most important thing on your list. unfortunately, CMU does not speak volumes for that bullet point either. it has been 8 years since the school opened its doors, to this day only one graduate in residency has been paraded despite the CMU website stating that "some graduates have distinguished themselves as chief residents, fellows and researchers."
http://www.cmumed.org/academics/residency.htm look at the bottom.

about a year or two ago, a thread on the very topic of their deceitful website led them to remove bogus statistics essentially showing 100's of residents. they still left a relic of the deceit on their website. one can hope that it is an oversight, but its hard to swallow that when there is a continual pattern. of course, ive been around this website for more than a decade to remember that the original CMU website was a direct word for word copy of the SGU website, so this is small potatoes compared to that violation (copyright violation and an ethical violation).

i can only hope things change as the years go on. one can hope CMU will revamp their website and be truthful on it. one can also hope that they will produce real residents..... but as the years go on, it does not look like much changes.

1215Ethix
05-09-2015, 07:43 PM
User can't play nice.

1215Ethix
05-09-2015, 08:30 PM
***************, it's been confirmed there are several students leaving CMU and will expose the atrocities of CMU in multiple places so please stop making fun of yourself so much SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR. If you got nothing to hide, then answer questions and don't be quiet about it but since you do got something to hide, the facts are obvious so please be careful. LOl ur so comical.
In addition, CMU will not exist past 2018 if they don't get their act together.

1215Ethix
05-10-2015, 10:43 AM
The silence is golden as the school administrator is trying to figure out what to say.....I rest my case!!!

SparrowMD
05-11-2015, 02:41 PM
I just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I transferred last semester to CMU from one of the top 5 medical schools in Caribbean (as The_Truth_Will_Set_U_Free mentioned - CMU is an affordable school, since I was denied the loan this was my other option). To be honest, I like this school and like my other schoolmates who transferred here some time ago and recommended CMU to me (they are doing rotations now) I am very happy with my decision and the school. Curacao is a beautiful island, the school atmosphere is not "toxic", I feel like I have enough time to go home after classes, relax a bit and study. One of my family members went to a US school and I personally got a chance to sit in few of their classes and I have the ability to compare CMU to the other school I went to and to be honest CMU is a good school. Sure each med school in the Caribbean has room for improvement, however, I have to agree with one of the doctors I worked with - no matter what school we attend, it is all about self study - we have the books, we have the slides, we are not kids and cannot be spoon fed. We have all the resources available and our job is to study. If you study, you will do well in most of the schools you attend. If you come in with a positive attitude, positive mindset - that's how your semester will go. Most of the professors here have MD degree and I have great respect for that. The class sizes are small and I feel like all of my classmates are like family. No matter what color, religion or nationality we are - we all get along well and we help one another - I really like that since it's not easy to be far away from home and family.
Thank you guys for all your support, accepting me and helping me transition well. As for the administration, the professors and the school staff - I had only positive experience with them so far. When I had small issues with the housing it was taken care off in a matter of hours which is absolutely great.

Scott1981
05-11-2015, 08:38 PM
I just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I transferred last semester to CMU from one of the top 5 medical schools in Caribbean (as The_Truth_Will_Set_U_Free mentioned - CMU is an affordable school, since I was denied the loan this was my other option). To be honest, I like this school and like my other schoolmates who transferred here some time ago and recommended CMU to me (they are doing rotations now) I am very happy with my decision and the school. Curacao is a beautiful island, the school atmosphere is not "toxic", I feel like I have enough time to go home after classes, relax a bit and study. One of my family members went to a US school and I personally got a chance to sit in few of their classes and I have the ability to compare CMU to the other school I went to and to be honest CMU is a good school. Sure each med school in the Caribbean has room for improvement, however, I have to agree with one of the doctors I worked with - no matter what school we attend, it is all about self study - we have the books, we have the slides, we are not kids and cannot be spoon fed. We have all the resources available and our job is to study. If you study, you will do well in most of the schools you attend. If you come in with a positive attitude, positive mindset - that's how your semester will go. Most of the professors here have MD degree and I have great respect for that. The class sizes are small and I feel like all of my classmates are like family. No matter what color, religion or nationality we are - we all get along well and we help one another - I really like that since it's not easy to be far away from home and family.
Thank you guys for all your support, accepting me and helping me transition well. As for the administration, the professors and the school staff - I had only positive experience with them so far. When I had small issues with the housing it was taken care off in a matter of hours which is absolutely great.

good report. good luck with your studies.

SparrowMD
05-11-2015, 08:46 PM
Thank you very much Scott1981! - one more semester to go :)

1215Ethix
05-11-2015, 10:17 PM

School administrator ran out of ideas and asked a student to pitch in and say only good things about the school. If that was the case then a lot of people would be going to CMU and not compete so much for the top 4 schools (ST GEORGE'S,AUC,ROSS UNIV, AND AUA). All carib schools are self study we all know that b4 even starting. Small issues with housing like what? you probably received preferential treatment which CMU is known for. Weak rebuttal but okay nothing surprising.

dontcare22
05-11-2015, 11:06 PM
Valuemd is an open form for students to exchange information regarding medical school. But since this post is all about dissing Caribbean medical schools, let me join in on this charade. Let’s start off by the former dean of CMU, the one with the profile 1215ethix he is now the new dean of some school in the Turks. This man is only upset because he lost his job and wants to make his new school popular so he is dissing his previous school. **********************
Now let’s talk about the dean that runs this new JFK school. *************************
Now lets talk about two X professors that are also posting things against CMU, One of them was Pharm professor and another taught Ethics. ****************
Let me not forget the school called Windsor who paid money to spread rumors about CMU so students can pick their school. Honestly you are all scammers, running a business. Which is cool, just be kind to each other or else Karma will come and haunt you all. By destroying other people someone somewhere along the line will destroy you.
I am not on anyone’s side I hate all Caribbean school who only and only care about business and forget the purpose the real deal which is to educate students to help them create a better future. And this is true about all Caribbean school, St George, Ross, AUA, AUC all the deans diss each other, professors are destroying each other,******************
*************** Work hard to get your business going, stop spreading rumors, and even if it’s true WHO CARES, ************** leave others alone. ******************** Just do what you came to do, Run the race without trying to trip others cause someone will come and trip you even harder. ********************

SparrowMD
05-11-2015, 11:29 PM
School administrator ran out of ideas and asked a student to pitch in and say only good things about the school. If that was the case then a lot of people would be going to CMU and not compete so much for the top 4 schools (ST GEORGE'S,AUC,ROSS UNIV, AND AUA). All carib schools are self study we all know that b4 even starting. Small issues with housing like what? you probably received preferential treatment which CMU is known for. Weak rebuttal but okay nothing surprising.

I feel like I'm being attacked here for no reason. This is a public forum and all of us should be able to be civil and share our personal experience of the school. I got disappointed that there are so many unnecessary negative things being posted.
Preference you say? I had bed bugs, asked the office for help and they took care of it while I was in school - got home had a new bed waiting for me and no problems since then (minus the nasty bite marks on my legs - I'll survive - this was my choice to come here, I've been through much worse before and I'm thankful each day to be alive after the other island traumatic experiences.) Self study applies not only to us Caribbean students but to US students as well. I'm a bit disappointed that future doctors (God willing) have all this time on their hands criticizing the school. This is my home now I want to be able to say it with pride that I graduated CMU. I work hard and I try to see positive in everything - life is too short to pay attention to small redundant details ...I don't want to share all the pain with complete strangers ... I lost tooo many people in my life who wanted to see me become a doctor and I'm doing this for myself and in their memory. CMU is giving me a chance of becoming what I have dreamt of since childhood - it is a stepping stone and a building block for my future career. Sure there are better rated schools out there, if a person is rich enough they can go to those schools. My parents could not afford $19,000 tuition a semester after my moms cancer surgery and all the treatments - I'm blessed to have the little money left that we have and be able to continue my medical education in CMU. I have all the necessary books to study from and I have the excess to the professors during office hours or via email and that is all I need. We, medical students are here for one reason, and one reason only and that is to study, pass Step 1, 2, 3 and become doctors. Eveything else that has nothing to do with my goals, anything that might cause a distraction I block out - we need to prioritize what is more important to us all. I know once the goals are set nobody should have the power to knock you down. My life is dedicated to helping people and by finishing CMU or any other school I will be able to do so on a more professional level.

1215Ethix
05-11-2015, 11:53 PM
Valuemd is an open form for students to exchange information regarding medical school. But since this post is all about dissing Caribbean medical schools, let me join in on this charade. Let’s start off by the former dean of CMU, the one with the profile 1215ethix he is now the new dean of some school in the Turks. This man is only upset because he lost his job and wants to make his new school popular so he is dissing his previous school. And as for rumors: You were found having sex with two boys in the clarion hotel. And you were found using drugs and selling drugs to students.
Now let’s talk about the dean that runs this new JFK school. She also use to be a former professor, didn’t do her job right, was too busy banging maintenance guys at the WTC, got fired and is now dissing this school, to make her school look good. Well hun JFK is dead so is your school!
Now lets talk about two X professors that are also posting things against CMU, One of them was Pharm professor and another taught Ethics. Both men were busy banging prostitutes and trying to get with students and spend all their paycheck gambling. One of them was always high on weed another was high on steroids.
Well since all of you people like to spread dirt on the deans of CMU and the owner, I think it’s only fair when some dirt gets out on you all as well.
Let me not forget the school called Windsor who paid money to spread rumors about CMU so students can pick their school. Honestly you are all scammers, running a business. Which is cool, just be kind to each other or else Karma will come and haunt you all. By destroying other people someone somewhere along the line will destroy you.
I am not on anyone’s side I hate all Caribbean school who only and only care about business and forget the purpose the real deal which is to educate students to help them create a better future. And this is true about all Caribbean school, St George, Ross, AUA, AUC all the deans diss each other, professors are destroying each other, everyone is sleeping with students. Well you know what have fun sleeping with students, because no one gives a F** on a Caribbean island. And for students STEP 1 cannot sleep with you so study!
If anyone has enough balls to post something after this you are a Loser. Work hard to get your business going, stop spreading rumors, and even if it’s true WHO CARES, focus on your own pathetic life and leave others alone. Everyone is a loser in the Caribbean from deans, professors to students end of story. Just do what you came to do, Run the race without trying to trip others cause someone will come and trip you even harder. Also all the rumors above are false that’s why it’s called rumors, but they can also be true…………………… WHO CARES. Because of pathetic losers like you one day all
Caribbean school will not be recognized by U.S.

************* you got that much time to talk...go ahead....cmu is known for this too you seem to know all this oh but wait you are probably ****** cmu student too-comical. lol ah business life.
try again just created an account....get your story straight! Due to scandalous school ways, they will not be recognized in the US like CMU.

dontcare22
05-12-2015, 12:59 AM

dontcare22
05-12-2015, 01:03 AM
If you are who I think you are than you should really stop, you are making yourself look like a fool cause you lost your job. Please do yourself a favor and stop trashing CMU, because you are only doing this to get your job back.

1215Ethix
05-12-2015, 05:51 AM
L********* keep talking reject place to exchange gas school administrator-sounds like your nerves got pulled and this is your typical retaliation method-nothing has changed **********keep talking. LOLOLOLOL not trashing but bare truth you are too hot headed to see school administrator....the only point you are proving is that you are a ****omg ********* Continue misrepresenting and false advertising-OMG you miss the point*******-a CMU tactic. ***************CMU using students to do their dirty work as always. You just joined ValueMD because you are weak and lack logic tool so blast away. **************probably like you and you proved yourself to be not only a loser yet also a tool talking away************* CMU should be renamed ******************

Scott1981
05-12-2015, 09:08 AM
TOS violations are not tolerated. I will say, there are some people whose performance on these forums is disheartening considering they are aspiring to be physicians. I hope they eventually grow up from the juvenile attitudes they are exhibiting on these forums. If not, I cringe the day I come across one of their applications for residency.

dontcare22
05-12-2015, 10:03 AM
SCOTT1981
You say TOS violations are not tolerated, this entire form has individuals saying disheartening things about CMU, and you let these people run their mouth. It wasn’t till someone has to cross the line only to show you what you are allowing on this specific form. If you truly care about future doctors, especially the ones that go to this school delete this entire form.

Scott1981
05-12-2015, 12:13 PM
SCOTT1981
You say TOS violations are not tolerated, this entire form has individuals saying disheartening things about CMU, and you let these people run their mouth. It wasn’t till someone has to cross the line only to show you what you are allowing on this specific form. If you truly care about future doctors, especially the ones that go to this school delete this entire form.

What you are asking for is censorship. That goes against the meaning of an open forum. That is not something I am willing, nor the admin of VMD is willing to do. We will however enforce the Terms of Service which everyone agreed to when they signed up to be a member. If you do not like comments or questions from a particular poster and it irritates you, simply ignore them. Better yet, answer the criticism with facts or other pertinent information that will refute it. Degenerating into name calling matches is not the way to do it.

dontcare22
05-12-2015, 01:09 PM
I agree Scott, this is an open form and only facts are allowed. So here is my last fact and I will rest my case. 1215ethix the guy that clearly first said he goes to some school in Turks, than later said something about going to some other school, and after seeing my original post got so angry and took it so personally, is our school ethics professor, who recently was fired because he didn’t teach the material well. So everything he stated is only out of rage of losing his job.
You yourself banned him. I am no lawyer but if someone takes CMU so personally because of personal issues I think it’s only fair the viewers of the post see the real him. Because everyone in our entire school really liked him as a professor. But this side is something most students will not appreciate.

Cert.pls
05-13-2015, 02:25 PM
I don't know but it seems like you got a nit to pick w/the school and/or the Universal system....lolol. Yu don't seem to know how to get a point across. That's it. lol. Furthermore, if you feel scared or not happy about being a student there, or think they are all trying to attack 'you' and make you a poor man, then just leave. Otherwise it looks utterly ridiculous to stay and complain via an informational resource for aspiring doctors. Believe me. :-(.

verokmed
05-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Amazing how much complaining there is. I transferred to CMU from another school and let me tell you, you have it easy if these are the problems you are facing. The school lets you sit for you USMLE and they try to help you the best they can. If you spent all the time you do complaining on forums doing Uworld and slamming the first aid and studying, you would kill your boards. I am not a school official, but I will be more than happy to give you my full name and number if you message me and I will tell you what what a truly poor university is like. Also, the tuition is not bad at all. If you are miserable, leave, finish your pre-reqs with a 3.8 GPA, ace the MCAT, and apply to US schools. Then, when you do not get in, you can go to SGU, Ross, or AUC and spend $400k on your tuition to get the same degree and be treated even worse. The campus is in a third world country, it is always like this. When I attended my previous institution and lived on the island, the police would pull me over, take me out of my car, and put a gun to my head with their fingers on the trigger to extort me for money. So, I can only imagine how traumatized you must have been by the dean entering your room lol. Medicine and anything worthwhile require dedication, it is an endurance race. Stop worrying about these little insignificant things that you will laugh about one day and focus on your boards and enjoying your time on a beautiful island the best you can.

I was a transfer student like you and we both can compare our previous schools to CMU. I was totally happy about my decision cause CMU gave me a chance and they are fair. The administration really cares about its students and they showed it numerous times when I was in Curacao. I would advise any potential students not to listen to the members who register here just to post crap which doesn't have anything to do with the truth. They have their hidden agendas being either a former employee or an agents of other schools being jealous about CMU's growth. Im happy though that the school have strict criteria to employ professors and it wasn't the case when I was in basic science. Now I heard that academics improved totally and CMU terminates professors for not being up to their standards. Im sorry though that such professors come in here and try to post false statements just because they are upset. Thats just pathetic.

Scott1981
05-17-2015, 07:30 AM
I was a transfer student like you and we both can compare our previous schools to CMU. I was totally happy about my decision cause CMU gave me a chance and they are fair. The administration really cares about its students and they showed it numerous times when I was in Curacao. I would advise any potential students not to listen to the members who register here just to post crap which doesn't have anything to do with the truth. They have their hidden agendas being either a former employee or an agents of other schools being jealous about CMU's growth. Im happy though that the school have strict criteria to employ professors and it wasn't the case when I was in basic science. Now I heard that academics improved totally and CMU terminates professors for not being up to their standards. Im sorry though that such professors come in here and try to post false statements just because they are upset. Thats just pathetic.

how far along in your studies are you? did you finish the island and in rotations? when do you intend to apply for the match?

GIinthesky
05-17-2015, 05:15 PM
how far along in your studies are you? did you finish the island and in rotations? when do you intend to apply for the match?

He's no student, and he's lied before, specifically about being "close friends" with their ONE matched grad.

Scott1981
05-17-2015, 06:42 PM
He's no student, and he's lied before, specifically about being "close friends" with their ONE matched grad.

it wouldn't be the first time or the last time this has happened on this forum.

verokmed
05-22-2015, 06:14 PM
Its really pathetic that as a VMD moderator you first continue to provide false information that CMU has one resident, second you back up a user that does the same.
Here is a profile of my fellow student that matched this year as well, amount other CMU graduates. https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ayham-alagha/82/46/13b

Now If you are a man of honor, I believe you should apologize

Scott1981
05-23-2015, 11:05 AM
Its really pathetic that as a VMD moderator you first continue to provide false information that CMU has one resident, second you back up a user that does the same.
Here is a profile of my fellow student that matched this year as well, amount other CMU graduates. https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ayham-alagha/82/46/13b

Now If you are a man of honor, I believe you should apologize

There is no need to apologize. So the school has two residents, although a linked in profile is hardly proof. However, I did take the liberty to do a little more research and see that he is registered in West Suburban Medical Center.

Does not change the fact of the dishonesty on the CMU website. Even if CMU had 10 residents and even fully practicing physicians, it would be contrary to what the website portends there to be.

Secondly, the amount of dishonesty on this forum is quite amazing. I have no doubt there are disgruntled former employees and or students of your school posting here. However, equally amazing is the fact that there are some posters who claim to be current students who are not. Not saying everyone is untruthful, but there are quite a few. It is very easy for moderators or the admin to tell the two apart using various methods at our disposal, unfortunately for regular users, it is not. I guess the fallacy of an anonymous forum.

verokmed
05-23-2015, 01:27 PM
One of the reasons for VMD being so dishonest is moderators like you that spread rumors, lie or twist facts and even being proven wrong, do not have enough courage to apologize or at least admit it. Moderators set standards here and we, users would follow them but you are not a good example to follow unfortunately and that's why VMD is going down each year.

You DID say that CMU has one resident which is a LIE.

I can keep posting more graduates who got into a residency this year but whats the point if you hate CMU from the first day being on VMD.

GIinthesky
05-23-2015, 02:06 PM
I can keep posting more graduates who got into a residency this year but whats the point if you hate CMU from the first day being on VMD.

Actually, the point of that would be to answer the many, many individuals (including myself) who have asked, "where are these other residents you have spoken of?" The other point of that would be to, you know, promote your school. There would be no point NOT to show off your residents! Taking a defensive stance of, "you don't believe me, so why should I bother" comes off as if you have something to hide, defensive, and somewhat immature. Happily prove me wrong! I want to see proof of CMU success, but so far, my inquiries have been met with silence, redundant links (i.e. posting the same thing over and over again), or defensiveness. Why not take the opportunity to respond with positive proof, if you have it?

Scott1981
05-23-2015, 02:12 PM
One of the reasons for VMD being so dishonest is moderators like you that spread rumors, lie or twist facts and even being proven wrong, do not have enough courage to apologize or at least admit it. Moderators set standards here and we, users would follow them but you are not a good example to follow unfortunately and that's why VMD is going down each year.

You DID say that CMU has one resident which is a LIE.

i was skeptical the day CMU opened for a reason. they opened their doors with a website that was word for word a duplicate of SGU's website, and their website continues to be dishonest with their information. its not hard to go back and view all the drama from back in 2007.

like i have said in the past, i have seen everything. i have been an active member of this forum well before becoming a moderator. i have seen a lot over my 10+ years on this forum. i have seen fly by night schools open and close. i have seen deans of schools pose as students as well as school administrators do the same. i have also seen countless students get scammed by schools. i dont pick on CMU alone. i have seen people post from POLAND and pose as students as well as people claim to miss an island because they are in clinicals while in fact posting from said island. yes, i have seen it all.

in fact, when AUA just started, they claimed on their website that students can do rotations and get licensed in the state of California. as we all know, that clearly was not allowed at the time. the california medical board representative even got involved in that case.

i feel there is nothing wrong with schools that are new...... but be truthful with students about things. dont try to deceive things on a grand website. students do eventually have to pay back these loans. build that track record that a school needs, but they should not take offense when people question about how many residents there are or where students can and cannot do clinical rotations.

i hope CMU succeeds, but do so attracting students without having petty deceptions on the website.

verokmed
05-23-2015, 02:23 PM
Actually, the point of that would be to answer the many, many individuals (including myself) who have asked, "where are these other residents you have spoken of?" The other point of that would be to, you know, promote your school. There would be no point NOT to show off your residents! Taking a defensive stance of, "you don't believe me, so why should I bother" comes off as if you have something to hide, defensive, and somewhat immature. Happily prove me wrong! I want to see proof of CMU success, but so far, my inquiries have been met with silence, redundant links (i.e. posting the same thing over and over again), or defensiveness. Why not take the opportunity to respond with positive proof, if you have it?

I did in my previous post

verokmed
05-23-2015, 02:37 PM
I did review your posts and from CMU's day one, you mentioned that the school would be closed within a year or so and the students would be scammed. I can copy them here but whats the point.

Now CMU is over 5 years old with its campuses in Curacao, Canada and India. CMU so far was very truthful not only to my but to other 700 students who attend it. Now tell me what is dishonest on the CMU website???

I understand being skeptical but you make VMD a dishonest website posting LIES as a moderator and wondering why you have seen so many dishonesty over the 10 years here. If you prove me wrong I wouldn't mind to apologize or admit it but unfortunately you cannot.

GIinthesky
05-23-2015, 02:50 PM
I can keep posting more graduates who got into a residency this year

No, you did not. I genuinely want to know who you have in residency. Why? You stated in earlier posts, "many others" but posted 1. Now you have a 2nd. Who else? Where? Which programs?

Now tell me what is dishonest on the CMU website???... If you prove me wrong I wouldn't mind to apologize or admit it but unfortunately you cannot.

I can do that:

I will quote, "Caribbean Medical University graduates secure residencies at some of the most prestigious teaching hospitals in the U.S. and Canada... Some graduates have distinguished themselves as chief residents, fellows and researchers."

You, yourself, stated it's 5 years old and so far have given proof of one resident and one 4th year student who seems to have matched (I also did some research... providers are registered in the US, which is public knowledge). Fellows? Chief residents? Which of the two have done that, the one who hasn't entered residency yet or the one that isn't out of residency yet?

Additionally, the majority of "hospitals" page on the CMU website (not allowed to link, but it ends with 'academics/hospitals.htm').

The interesting part of this page is that a number of the listed hospitals actually do not allow students from non-LMCE accredited programs to rotate there. That is an unfortunate thing for a student to learn while applying for rotations.

vick2025
05-23-2015, 02:51 PM
Can you share a link or post here the number of students Matched this year (2015) from CMU? I couldn't find that info on CMU's website. Thanks.

Scott1981
05-23-2015, 04:20 PM
I did review your posts and from CMU's day one, you mentioned that the school would be closed within a year or so and the students would be scammed. I can copy them here but whats the point.

Now CMU is over 5 years old with its campuses in Curacao, Canada and India. CMU so far was very truthful not only to my but to other 700 students who attend it. Now tell me what is dishonest on the CMU website???

I understand being skeptical but you make VMD a dishonest website posting LIES as a moderator and wondering why you have seen so many dishonesty over the 10 years here. If you prove me wrong I wouldn't mind to apologize or admit it but unfortunately you cannot.

the school was open since 2007. you have 2 documented residents and claim you have many more. the school posts no match lists so there is no verification. what i can say is that it is almost impossible to find any CMU residents when searching throughout the web.

verokmed, excuse me if i enlighten you on a little CMU history, but i was correct in stating the school would shut down in a year. IT DID. they turned into or merged with AMERICAN GLOBAL UNIVERSITY. the websites merged sometime between 2008-2009. i personally thought the entire school shut down, then it reappeared again.

so, let me ask you what all the students that were enrolled in your school between 2007-2012 received? were they scammed? you are able to come up with a group of active residents that i can count on one hand. the only thing they have is a school loan to pay off, no residency, maybe or maybe not a degree. does that fit the definition of a scam? maybe or maybe not, depending on what they were told when they signed up at the time.

the previous poster clearly posted the dishonesty on the website.

care to reply on the following website issues:

1. what is your take on the whole clone of SGU's website when the school started

2. what is your take on the website listing a pie graph of their residents and the distribution of specialties that would only add up to hundreds of residents if it was true (in fact they took it down after me bringing it up on VMD

3. website continues to talk about graduates that have been chief residents, fellows, researchers, etc etc. clearly, this cannot be the case based on CMU's age
http://www.cmumed.org/academics/residency.htm#placement

4. CMU states that the average class size is 36 students. the total student population is 684. there are 327 rotation slots. and the basic science student to teacher ratio is 24-1. please help me make sense of these numbers, because it does not add up.
http://www.cmumed.org/about/index.htm

as far as other issues, i do have issues when i post legit questions about various schools and various individuals post responses defending tooth and nail their school. there are quit a few, who are legit, but they only posts once or twice. there are others (not just for CMU, but other schools too) who defend tooth and nail and are EXTREMELY dishonest. like i said before, ive seen users post from poland and claim to be active students. ive seen the same individual post about missing the island life due to being in clinicals, yet the post actually originates from the islands.

you wouldnt be the first or the last person to VMD a dishonest website because their are legit questions and concerns about schools. in fact, website forums like these are what usually expose scams and deceit........everything from politics, to pop culture, to news, to yes, caribbean medical schools. i am not saying CMU is deliberately or knowingly doing either, but they sure are walking in a gray area based on my observations and my opinion........ for as much or little that it is worth.

Scott1981
05-23-2015, 04:58 PM
verokmed, i hope to enlighten you further. it appears CMU still has pictures on their website from their american global days. yet another domino in the website. directly from the students section of the photo gallery. picture #1 CMU | Pictures of Caribbean Medical School Photo Gallery (http://www.cmumed.org/about/gallery.htm)

look closely at the picture. recognize the patch? this pic has the best view of AMERICAN GLOBAL UNIVERSITY. im sure a lot of other pictures are the same as well.

WHAT IS REAL AND WHAT IS NOT REAL WITH THE WEBSITE??

verokmed........ THIS IS WHY I CONTINUE TO BE SKEPTICAL OF THIS PLACE..........

GIinthesky
05-25-2015, 05:08 PM
Interesting. Their website is currently down. I wonder if someone decided to update things to vie for legitimacy.

That picture with the patch is a really, really good catch.

cheeseheadmd
05-27-2015, 07:50 PM
Yes, unfortunately each semester does get worse at CMU. The school presents with all the bells and whistles necessary to ATTRACT potential students, but the countless underlying issues with this school outweigh ANY possible positive aspects. I'm not going to elaborate on the many negative issues of the school, since one of the administrators will only negate whatever I say, so I will advise you to look elsewhere for medical education! Best of luck to you!!

cheeseheadmd
05-27-2015, 07:52 PM
I thought you were already a 'doctor', as well as the school's dean!

CMU
06-18-2015, 03:52 AM
Its unfortunate that there are always few newbies on our forum, who just opened their VMD account and bash CMU with vague statements such as "each semester gets worse at CMU". It is our understanding that most of them are students/admins of other 2 schools on the island, who desperately look for new students because they cant get them on their own.
It is also "unfortunate" to you that CMU is among few schools in the Caribbean with a highest population of students (over 700) and twice as many as 2 other schools on the island together even though established way after many others. Students chose CMU not because they are forced to but attracted by our services and recommended by others.

If you have any underlying issues to present, please do it here or contact us and we will try resolve them.

dpmd
06-19-2015, 11:49 AM
i went 2 cmu aroud 13-14 nd althogh theres some good things i think they professionaly shoudl improve nd not date students to for gods sake! one i knew like the "white" dean bc of her comments nd looks when hes around us nd his looks to, nd probably had something wth him too bc shes no saint nd him much less bc of other girls comments of him to them nd now its the other dean she likes, da "brown" dean nd dates. white/brown guys as she call em. i dont go to cmu nd didnt trasnfer yet bt dont attend. dont know much abt the "brown" dean only from visits to curacao,hes gud looking nd some studnets use flirt w him,one said its her husband bc she like him a lot,but the "white" dean i know more he adds students to skype for personal chats flirts left nd right he use to look at my a$$ nd all eveytime nd other girls to from canada, russia, india any girl you name hes all over nd he wuld add us on skype nd make comments like your pretty, beautiful nd poping hints..nd if we wwanted him he wuld be w all of us,girls talk if u dont think nd even if hes hot shouldnt b after students nd hes like ***** bamber look old.he love going 2 pool parties but look old. girls talk a lot!heard some dorm lady local from curacao was w a studnet,another local use to flount herself to male studnets,other local 2 friendly w male studnets in the clarion...
one prof kissed one in a club nd she told everone, he prolly had sex w another at least a rumor nd, a driver dated another.. come on cmu wheres the profesionalism!? starts there to profs,dean "white" or "brown" shuldnt date studnets or flirt w em nd other employers to .improve cmu this is nt gud

dpmd
06-19-2015, 12:01 PM
lololllll jfk is from a prof i had in cmu nd not gud! i dont go to cmu anmor but jfk is jokeforkids bc nd anone for it prolly trasnfered thinking its gud nd found out its bad nd want to get others for discounts hahahahhah

the drama is so intense that another 4th medical school has been created in Curacao called JFK Medical School where a lot of students from CMU go to since they are being terrorized by the idiotic dean. I just got my acceptance letter to JFK medical school so Im happy and agree that everything The truth will set you free says is true hence the reason why I left CMU. CMU is crap in the basic sciences and is even more crappier in the clinical sciences with more lies and misrepresentations.

CMU
06-19-2015, 02:32 PM
I cant really comment on this cause they are 3rd party speculations and it wouldn't take long for the CMU management to find out cause whether a dean is white, brow or purple, such incidents wouldn't be tolerated at all.

I agree however with JFK (JokeForKids) :clapover:

BxDoc
06-27-2015, 04:49 PM
PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!!! I am a student who transferred into this school for a year, took my step 1 and passed (a huge accomplishment coming from a school like this). I attempted to get financial aid from the school via the Medloan to complete my clinical semesters which costs $8,870 and was turned down. I attempted to contact the CEO and kindly ask for his help, and he said there was nothing he could do. I attempted to transfer to a different school and the school is withholding my transcript and alleging that I owe them $8,879 for a semester that I have not attended. I have involved an attorney who has engaged in multiple conversations with the CEO and with the Dean of Academics, who claim to have no solution. This school is a total scam. Please don't go here. For a student like me who is 100% capable of becoming a doctor, this school is hurting me professionally. Please please think about it before you enroll here. This should be your VERY LAST RESORT, and even then I would go with another school.

BxDoc
06-27-2015, 04:53 PM
This is not a good school! They have offered me no financial aid to engage in clinical rotations. Since I cannot come up with $8,870 they are attempting to extort me by holding my official transcript ransom with the hopes that I will give up transferring to a different institution. If your clinicals are going great I am very happy for you because you are able to pay for your education without educational loans. The rest of us are not as lucky and are subject to the greed of the CEO and deans of this school. THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE YOU COME TO THIS PLACE. IT CAN REALLY DESTROY YOUR CAREER BEFORE IT EVEN BEGINS.

SF_CA_415
06-28-2015, 02:44 PM
I agree the The _Truth_Will_Set_U_Free....I'm glad you speak up your mind.

CMU
06-29-2015, 12:01 AM
Miss J.P.
I have talked to the CEO about your case and its very easy to figure out who you are because you are the ONLY STUDENT out of 700 who has this "issue". You should be honest in here and let the readers know that:
1. Your score was barely passing so its is very unusual for a school like CMU since we have students passing with over 240
2. Your last tuition payment was made over a year ago and you were given 2 semesters free of charge to prepare for Step1
3. You have been certified as our student for Step1 which most of schools require one semester of CS tuition payment.
4. You have been given exception from NBME shelf exam
5. You have been declined a financial aid due to High Educational Debt and you knew it few months ago.
5. YOU HAD OVER A YEAR TO WITHDRAW from CMU according to the refund policy without any financial obligations but you haven't done it till now.

You had funds to hire a lawyer, to attend a review program, to prepare for Step1 for almost a year and out of the sudden, once you passed Step1 with us, you are out of funds to continue the program. Yet CMU offered you deferred tuition payment, payment plan and settlement. You have to be mature and responsible enough to plan your career ahead of time especially financially. You were our students for over a year with $0 tuition payment and just because you haven't withdrawn within that year, you are responsible for the tuition charges of the current semester of the MD program.

psychvmd
07-02-2015, 09:02 PM

psychvmd
11-09-2015, 04:06 AM

psychvmd
11-09-2015, 04:10 AM
.................................................. ..........

1215Ethix
11-12-2015, 02:48 AM
just for the record, I am a former student the dean groped and i left the school....not the former dean....i know the personal life of the dean of CMU from Wyoming I will not post here......

09-21-2016, 07:58 PM
Well the update on this school from people I know that are still affiliated. It still sucks and it keeps getting worse and worse thanks to yours truly. Maybe one day they will get a real administrator and quit messing around with these impostors with fake credentials. It's so obvious.

Samidao
10-03-2016, 10:20 AM
That's really unfortunate and I'm sure you all have spoken to the school about it. Very unfortunate. I understand your frustration. Do you know people doing their Clinical in the States? Do you know what their experiences are like? How they feel in general about their clinical spots/location?

Hello guys:

I am currently a clinical student at CMU. I feel very fortunate. In 48 weeks of rotation , I have been able to complete all my cores back to back both inpatient and outpatients, with knowledgeable professors that offer us zillions of opportunities: hard core hands on learning, grand rounds with US students and residents, annual physical Exams at nursing homes( good preparation for step 2 CS), research , and many more.
Plus the school makes you take a shelf exam after every core rotation which makes you study while rotating and it helps when it' time to review for CK.
Finally for those struggling with financial burden like me, you can get reassured that the school will work things out with you as long as you communicate and do your part.

My final word would be put in the work, communicate and this school, CMU will get you through clinicals smoothly.

Med grad
10-03-2016, 03:09 PM
This is becoming very obvious that these posts are by school admin pretending to be current students. There seem to be a huge surge in new users who have just joined and are posting positive, glowing reviews about this school!

By the way, where did the Dean and the Associate Dean of clinicals earned their M.D. degrees? I noticed that information is omitted on the school's website. Are these individuals licensed physicians? There seem to be no record of them having done residency or being licensed anywhere.

This should be a legitimate question on the minds of people looking at this school. Who are the people running this organization is certainly a factor that real prospective students should be concerned about.

Like I always say: Due your own due diligence and ask hard questions. If the school is vague with information or is not forthcoming, run as fast as you can.

Hello guys:

I am currently a clinical student at CMU. I feel very fortunate. In 48 weeks of rotation , I have been able to complete all my cores back to back both inpatient and outpatients, with knowledgeable professors that offer us zillions of opportunities: hard core hands on learning, grand rounds with US students and residents, annual physical Exams at nursing homes( good preparation for step 2 CS), research , and many more.
Plus the school makes you take a shelf exam after every core rotation which makes you study while rotating and it helps when it' time to review for CK.
Finally for those struggling with financial burden like me, you can get reassured that the school will work things out with you as long as you communicate and do your part.

My final word would be put in the work, communicate and this school, CMU will get you through clinicals smoothly.

10-14-2016, 07:09 PM
This is becoming very obvious that these posts are by school admin pretending to be current students. There seem to be a huge surge in new users who have just joined and are posting positive, glowing reviews about this school!

Yes you are correct. The funny thing about it, he thinks we don’t know any better. Wile E. Coyote (Super-Genius)

:lolup:
Are you serious? You mean the loan they charge you $200 to apply for and if you do not qualify for the loan (and many students don’t) they pocket your $200. You mean that one? Communicate with who? The CEO that never shows up or help anybody. You can’t possible mean talk to the Deen”0”Akademicz aka Mr. Low Frustration Tolerance. You would have more luck and sincerity speaking with a child in the third grade.

That’s if you make it to Clinicals. They will do everything possible to make sure you fail in the basic sciences. They will harass you, grope you (cute females with big boobs), drug test without your permission with a home kit, charge you extra money (bogus insurance, bogus med loan, fines they make up), go in your dorm without you being home, hold your transcripts for ** reasons, kick you out of school during your last week of basic science (even though you paid tuition and painstakingly went through all of the courses), talk to you like trash, talk to your family disrespectfully, if you owe money send you through their own collections agent (the agent is the- Deen”0” Akademicz….conflict of interest maybe) threaten to report you to ECFMG on bogus claims, so they can try and wreck your career before it gets started (Why?-because that’s how they do it. No joke!).
Yea! I wanna go to that school. Sign me up.
CMU could be a descent school but unfortunately it will never be. Insecure ego’s, greed, gross incompetence, and unprofessional conduct run rampant at CMU, like rats searching for food during the bubonic plague. The fact that the admin is so desperate to keep posting as a satisfied student is a clear indication that this school (if you can call it one) is on borrowed time.

Ok guys...time for some real talk. I understand many people have different opinions of what the "ideal" caribbean medical school should be like, and lets be honest, the expectations arent so high.

-So let’s get real. You start by speaking for yourself. I do expect a lot. At least my monies worth.

Majority of us go to rock schools because its cheap and you dont need to do well in undergrad/mcat to get accepted (some b/c their parents forced them but thats another story!).

Again speak for yourself. You don’t why any of us choose the school we choose.

Obviously everyone knows that with cheap tuition and easy acceptance comes a catch. That catch is usually the quality of teachers provided. With better teaching comes better salaries, better salaries equates to high tuition for you (although transfers from AUA/Ross have told me, despite triple the tuition, the teachers were not much better or equivalent to CMU).

Are you serious? Everybody knows CMU has seasonal professors.

Student parties 3/4X a week--> crams before every exam/quiz--->criticizes/blames poor teaching ---> repeat. Majority of said students cant even pass a NBME then come on forums and blame CMU for being a crappy school.

Maybe CMU is a crappy school. It sucked going to that school in more than one way. I had to walk away from several thousands of dollars because I did not want to fight for my stolen transcripts. It was easier to start fresh somewhere else.

Its seriously so pathetic, im sorry. I knew CMU(or any rock school in that matter) wasnt going to give me everything i need to do well on my boards. Only I have control over my actions.
That’s right so why are you judging other people.

I am forever grateful that CMU gave me an OPPORTUNITY, and i took full advantage, receiving a 254 on step 1.

Well CMU doesn’t give everyone that opportunity, so why even risk it. Why should someone waste 2-3 semesters of tuition only to realize the school sucks beyond belief, and they are never going to do the right thing (not capable). Ask yourself, Why do so many people transfer out of that school.

Bottom line, if you're the kind of student that expects your school (Caribbean or US) to spoon feed you info and put in half the effort towards your success, please save your money and quit now.

No really, save your money and go somewhere else. I lost time and tuition screwing around with these people. They are not serious. It’s all about ego, power, and control with these people. Not a way to run a school. Nope, not worth the money. Not one dollar. Not even a guilder. I would not give someone a coupon to go there. They (He) treat students very bad over there. I am not kidding. This is not a bash CMU post, but this post is about telling you like it really is. Go there if you want, but at least you were warned.

10-30-2016, 02:15 PM
By the way, where did the Dean and the Associate Dean of clinicals earned their M.D. degrees? I noticed that information is omitted on the school's website. Are these individuals licensed physicians? There seem to be no record of them having done residency or being licensed anywhere. .
It has been mentioned by previous classmates that the Dean earned or attempted his degree from Central American School of Health Sciences (CASHU) in Belize. There were some speculation regarding if he actually graduated. He has told my class that he was a practicing child psychiatrist and he ran a medical clinic in Haiti. He bragged about Haiti every chance he could. I was like geezz, Did you not get enough Similac as an infant?... :rolleyes: I believe he has gone to Haiti but only to practice moving boxes of supplies.

There is no record of him doing a residency or a fellowship anywhere in the states, Curacao, or Belize. He claims to be board certified (who knows by who?) in Hyperbaric medicine. Sources say he did take a hyperbaric medicine course at the Spanish language school, Caribbean International University (CIU) next door to CMU. The course was online and of short duration (a few hours). They give you a little certificate when you’re done. There was no hyperbaric chamber. Nothing!

It was also reported that the clinical Dean earned or attempted his degree from Windsor School of Medicine. There has been some debate on whether he actually has an M.D. or not. Once you matriculate into CMU, and after you meet him, you then realize that he is actually a third party clinical rotations owner partnered with CMU. When you ask him a basic medical question he looks at you like a deer caught in the headlights. :confused:

This should be a legitimate question on the minds of people looking at this school. Who are the people running this organization is certainly a factor that real prospective students should be concerned about.
Like I always say: Due your own due diligence and ask hard questions. If the school is vague with information or is not forthcoming, run as fast as you can.
Agreed.

CMUDean
11-02-2016, 06:32 AM
As Dean I will address some of the things in this thread. Rather than address the false accusations I will only present some of the things that I have done with CMU since December 2012 when I took over as Dean.
1) Removed professors who did not have either the proper credentials or were unable to convey their knowledge through their teaching.
2) Removed students who were violating both the academic and behavioral policies of the university
3) Increased the number of faculty from 5 to 17 in Curacao as well as clinical faculty in the US.
4) Applied for approval by the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) and supervised their 2-day site visit led by Agata Butler, the Vice President of NBME. We were approved in February 2014 to be able to use the NBME Comprehensive Basic Science Exam and all of the subject exams and clinical shelf exams which can all be taken in Prometric centers or on our campus in Curacao, which is an approved NBME test center.
5) Raised our 1st-time USMLE passing rate from about 35% in 2011 to 84.4% in 2015 (according to the official Aggregate USMLE Performance Data sent by FAIMER/ECFMG each year) with an greater number of students each year.
6) Until 2012 most students had A averages but spend several semesters preparing for USMLE to barely pass. Since 2013 we have had many students scoring extremely well on USMLE Exams within 6-8 months of completing Basic Science. This includes many above 240, a few in the 250s and one, who even did pre-med at CMU, who scored 265! Some of those students have posted on this thread and have been attacked for writing about their real experiences.
7) In June 2016 I was able to get us approved for a US loan through EdMEd and CampusDoor which can cover the whole cost of studying at CMU and does not have any application fee. It offers competitive interest rates and 20+ years after residency to repay the loan. Students in Basic Science Can request $36000/year (more if they contact me with a budget showing a greater need) and $40,000/year for clinical rotations (more, if needed). We are by far the cheapest school to have NBME and US loans that cover the full cost of tuition, food and housing.
8) We have reinvested in our facilities as we have grown from 100 students in 2012 to a steady 250+ in Curacao and hundreds in clinical rotations. This includes investments in things like the only Anatomage virtual dissection table in the Caribbean (we have had it since 2014 but we receive 128GB upgrades to the software each year), a full cadaver dissection lab, histology lab, full 1080P HD projectors (will be installed this week). We have made drastic improvements while keeping the tuition at $5900/semester.
9) We have had students match to many great residency programs, all of which were during my nearly 4 years as Dean. These include General Surgery in Chicago and many other specialties in Illinois, Michigan, New York, Nevada, Missouri, Ohio, Virginia, Canada and other places.
10) I have continued to try to inspire the students to go above and beyond the minimum requirements of being a physician so that they can help provide compassionate service to their fellow man. This includes speaking about my year in Haiti as medical director of a 501c3 non-profit partnered with many other organizations but also the mission trips we take our clinical students on to Guatemala each Fall to help the poor people in Chiquimulilla, Taxisco and other places. I have had one of my close friends who was the founding president of the International Federation for Emergency Medicine and past president of the American College of Emergency Physicians come to speak to the students about volunteering, residency applications (he was residency director in Emergency Medicine in North Carolina and again in New York), medical education and other things. He has co-authored several articles and book chapters with me.
11) I will continue to strive to bring CMU to the level where it needs to be- not to compete with any other school but to provide the best possible education and the pathway to a lifetime of service in the calling of medicine. This includes many immediate and long-term goals:
1) CAAM-HP site visit in Spring 2017.
2) Continuing to improve academic quality through better faculty, better facilities, better experiences.
3) Continue to improve the clinical rotations so that all students will have the best possible experience to build upon to help them become better physicians.
4) Continue to recruit students who have a real desire to be the right kind of physician and not just earn a salary.
5) Continue to give back to the world through medical missions, fundraisers for charities and other things as they arise.
6) Continue to use feedback, both positive and negative, to learn what can be done differently.
I invite anyone who has a sincere desire to make things better to contact myself or the CEO with your concerns and suggestions so that we can make this school better. For those of you merely wanting to attack me personally, I understand your frustrations and would be willing to speak with you if you have real concerns but I suspect that is not the case.

11-06-2016, 12:53 PM
To the CMU Dean:

I am glad you decided to share your thoughts and clear a few things up. I will try to be as fair as possible to your reply on this thread, but I will let you know, I am going to be brutally honest with you. I believe honesty and transparency is the best policy. The majority of my previous post I was a little more lighthearted, but truthful, but for this post I am going to be very serious.

Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I worked in the corporate world for many years before I decided on a career change. I have been a manager for many of those years and I well aware of corporate structure and culture. I come from a family of academics; some worked as Executive Deans in Colorado and Texas Universities, which is a nice resource group to have. That being said, I know the role of management quite well. I also know the qualifications to be an effective manager very well.

I am not someone that is easily conned. I decided to read all through the previous CMU post and chat with other students, past students, and people I know in Curacao that has had some working relationship with you in one-way or another before I replied.

The overall consensus about CMU: Only open for the money. Not really trying to create a descent medical school for students to enroll in, as a competitive alternative to the US med schools and the major players of the Caribbean.

The overall general consensus about you: You appear to be inexperienced and unqualified for your job title. There is more to being an Executive Dean than bullying a bunch of twentysomething year old students around. Dean of a medical school is a serious position and requires the best possible candidate to get the job done. I did not see that in you. You seemed to be preoccupied with trivial matters that make no sense to anyone except you. How do I know that? Your business is all out there in the street. Everyone knows about you. Your reputation is atrocious.

The reason you stand out so much is because there is no corporate and leadership structure. There is no team or committee’s or any other personnel to help students except you. You are a one stop shop. So it comes down to and your mood of the day. You are a moody individual. You’re mood changes with the wind and the color of the Sea. How is that good for us when we need services from you on your “off” day?

Professionalism and Business Conduct
Next I would like to address your unprofessionalism. Your behavior is unfitting of an executive administrator. It is obvious that you do not have a BBA or an MBA or any other graduate business level training. If you had training or previous executive experience you would not be making so many mistakes.

A “real” executive would not be wasting his/her time being worried about what is being said about them on Valuemd. If the complaints are valid, that professional would see that their behavior may be harming the business and would change their actions immediately. I do not see that in you.

What I do see, is that you take everything as a personal attack. “Everything”… That is why you replied to this thread as the CMU Dean. A “real” executive never would have done that. Go on a public forum and disclose detailed information about the company. This is one of the many disadvantages of running a one stop shop program. There are no checks and balances in place to keep someone from making costly mistakes. You have free range to do whatever you want. That is the single scariest thing about getting a degree from CMU. Everyone’s hopes and dreams are riding on 1 person instead of a group of professionals. Should we as students take that chance? Absolutely not! There are too many options to choose from than risk it all at CMU. We are spending a lot of money. Some students’ parents are going without so they can pay for their kid’s tuition. That tuition is paying for your Seaview apartment and your nice black crossover vehicle. No tuition = No money for your salary. Have you ever thought about that correlation?

Poor Business Practice
Can you really afford to make students miserable to the point where they go to another school? A “real” executive is not trying to lose accounts, even if he/she does not like the student. In business, it’s all about finance at the end of the day. I will use myself as an example. I was attending your school and I was paying the great deal of $5,999 per semester, but I decided to leave after dealing with your personality a few times and watching what you did to others. Why should I pay your salary so you can act like a 1st class Jerk when I need answers? That is not executive behavior.

I am the consumer. I can take my money wherever I want. So how are you helping CMU grow when you continue to lose viable accounts? YOU personally lost US $23,996.00 from me for the year because of your negative attitude and your rogue business practices. Gone! That action alone would have gotten you terminated in most businesses. Businesses are not in the business to lose money especially over something stupid such as your easily bruised feelings.

I know 11 people that are paying tuition to Avalon School of Medicine because of you. They decided it was better to give their money to Avalon instead of CMU, because of YOU. So how are you helping CMU grow when you continue to lose viable accounts? YOU personally lost US$263,956.00 from those students for the year, because of your negative attitude and your rogue business practices. Gone! So between all of us, YOU lost CMU US$287,952.00 in tuition because you cannot get your attitude together. You are a serious liability. If you do not have the judgement to figure out what you have done wrong, so you can fix it, why should anyone trust your judgement with their career?
Avalon doesn’t need to hire a recruiter. They got YOU. You’ll get the job done and you will do it for free.

These are some of the reasons companies will not hire people without the education or experience to fill executive positions. An amateur or an unqualified person will cost the business thousands to millions of dollars.

You said you were in your position since 2012. I can only imagine how much money you lost CMU in the past 4 years on stupid stuff. Probably at least ONE MILLION DOLLARS. That was money that could have been reinvested in more and better programs at CMU.

As Dean I will address some of the things in this thread. Rather than address the false accusations
Everything I have posted can be verified.

I will only present some of the things that I have done with CMU since December 2012 when I took over as Dean.
You should not have to present anything. Your work should stand out on its own. The more I think about I bet this job was handed to you.

Removed professors who did not have either the proper credentials or were unable to convey their knowledge through their teaching.
Do you have the proper credentials to be the Dean of a medical school?
Can you back up your experience and training?
Have you worked in academic administration before CMU?
How long have you been teaching?
Do you have the credentials to be a Professor?

Weren’t you removed from the other school across town where you taught Embryology? Didn’t they let you go because you were unable to convey your knowledge through teaching? I sat in your Embryology class and it was not all that. As a matter of fact, you were not that good.

This is the difference between and amateur and a professional. “Real” executives do not discuss HR business and student accounts outside of the office and especially on the internet. Again, your actions are a liability to CMU. Why should we trust you with our careers?

Jun 29, 2015 Dear CMU Administration,
We, students, at CMU are concerned about our education. We want to do well and we want CMU to grow and to become competitive. We want to grow with CMU. There are concerns at a particular professor who teaches neuro, embryology, pdi, and ethics. We certainly don't want to list all issues that have occurred with the professor on here. What we are asking is HOW ARE YOU INTEND TO FIX THIS ISSUE? Please no excuses.....just HOW? We, students at CMU are listening.

Nov 20, 2015 This issue will be fixed this semester as the professor wont be scheduled for the upcoming term.
You disclose information about terminating your employee on the internet? Isn’t that humiliating? Insensitive? Mean? Wasn’t your HR head furious at you? Do you have an HR department? I guess you fixed it after all. This is why reputable schools do not hire amateurs to run things. They are a liability.

Is this the person you removed?

Jan 17, 2016
Woman Found Dead In Apartment
(Newspaper article in Noticias Cu****o, use google translate button)

WILLEMSTAD - The deceased was identified as Dr. (deleted), who had already made headlines in recent days for trying to end her life by causing herself several wounds and leaving open the gas key inside her apartment.. Apparently, it appears that the unfortunate teacher finally achieved her goal.

Dr. (deleted) worked as a professor at the medical school of Caribbean Medical University (CMU) and her body was found in the bedroom-apartment that had been assigned by the university. Due to the state in which the body was found, it is presumed that the lady had died several days ago.

Some sources close to CMU who prefer to remain anonymous, indicate that Dr. (deleted)was fired recently and was already showing signs of psychological instability, which seriously interfered with their performance as a teacher. Also to Noticias Cu****o sources they indicated that the teacher had recently ended a relationship with allegedly had with a co-worker.

There was talk among the students and other people that the co-worker was YOU. Was it?

Removed students who were violating both the academic and behavioral policies of the university
Was there a committee that convened and decided the fate of the students?
Did the decision go through the disciplinary committee? Do you have one that doesn’t consist you?
Probably not. So you were the Judge, Jury, and the Executioner?

Who is writing the policies? Is there a committee that convenes to discuss polices or are you writing yourself to fit your needs. I remember you were getting on a classmate of mine about something ridiculous and then you went and rewrote an existing policy so it would fit to discipline my classmate. So you change the rules all the time to fit your needs. A “real” executive does not do those things.

Increased the number of faculty from 5 to 17 in Curacao as well as clinical faculty in the US. Applied for approval by the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME)
You want credit for this? You are supposed to do these things. It’s your job.

Raised our 1st-time USMLE passing rate from about 35% in 2011 to 84.4% in 2015
You did not raise anything. How did “YOU” raise the pass rate?

Until 2012 most students had A averages but spend several semesters preparing for USMLE to barely pass. Since 2013 we have had many students scoring extremely well on USMLE Exams within 6-8 months of completing Basic Science. This includes many above 240, a few in the 250s and one, who even did pre-med at CMU, who scored 265!
So you are going to take credit for transfer students that already came to CMU with a certain fund of knowledge.

I will continue to strive to bring CMU to the level where it needs to be- not to compete with any other school but to provide the best possible education and the pathway to a lifetime of service in the calling of medicine. This includes many immediate and long-term goals:

You are giving 100% lip service. Continue to strive? Doing what? Causing trouble for people. The only level you consistently bring up is the DRAMA. You are always in DRAMA. I presently know 5 people that you are having drama with RIGHT NOW! How can you provide the best possible education for students when you are constantly fighting with people? What is wrong with you?

CAAM-HP site visit in Spring 2017
This is never going to happen. You are going to FAIL. I read the STANDARDS FOR THE ACCREDITATION
OF MEDICAL SCHOOLS online. CMU is nowhere close to those standards. You can’t be? You spend more time in drama instead of school business.

Continuing to improve academic quality through better faculty, better facilities, better experiences
Everybody knows you have seasonal and usually unqualified Professors. When you were teaching, you were one of them. How can you improve academic quality with no experience?

Continue to improve the clinical rotations so that all students will have the best possible experience to build upon to help them become better physicians.
How are you doing this? You are not at the hospital? More lip service.

Continue to recruit students who have a real desire to be the right kind of physician and not just earn a salary.
What is wrong with earning a salary? Who “in their right mind” would go through all this and not want to earn a great salary.

Continue to use feedback, both positive and negative, to learn what can be done differently.
Are you serious? Since when have you been good at receiving feedback? More lip service.

I invite anyone who has a sincere desire to make things better to contact myself or the CEO with your concerns and suggestions so that we can make this school better.
Nobody wants to contact either one of you. The people I know that have complained to the CEO, said he forwards all the emails to the people that they have issues with (including you). How moronic can you be? That’s why I never sent him an email. For what? Does he even know what the word confidentiality mean?

If you wanted the school to be better, you would roll up your sleeves and make it better. Not lose money, chase students away, and cause major problems for people.

Do you take any responsibility for your actions? No! I wouldn’t be surprised that you feel like you’re a victim, and that you are working so hard to make the school better and everyone is attacking little o’l you. It’s all about you. Right? I am going to leave you with a word of advice from Abraham Lincoln.

“You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”

For those of you merely wanting to attack me personally, I understand your frustrations and would be willing to speak with you if you have real concerns but I suspect that is not the case.
I don’t think you could handle anyone speaking to you about their “real” concerns. It’s not in your character.

You have a lot to learn about being a Dean of a medical school. A supervisor in a fast food restaurant has more administrative skills than you do. I recommend that you read and follow the guidelines and tips from this link on PubMed. Maybe this can give you some guidance.
Who would become a successful Dean of Faculty of Medicine: academic or clinician or administrator?

Go to a management seminar or something. At the rate you’re going, you’re a train wreck waiting to happen.

Med grad
11-06-2016, 03:38 PM
I am still waiting on the answer to my question: Where did he go to medical school?

This is a bad sign for a medical school not to have in its management rank people with legitimate academic credential.

I heard several years back they had a psycho as a student who killed a fellow student and injured a teacher. But I didn't know about another teacher being found dead recently. What kind of place is this?

psychvmd
12-28-2016, 02:21 AM

psychvmd
12-28-2016, 02:30 AM

psychvmd
12-28-2016, 02:48 AM

psychvmd
12-28-2016, 03:12 AM

psychvmd
12-28-2016, 08:00 AM

psychvmd
12-28-2016, 08:07 AM

Future caribbean student
12-28-2016, 03:38 PM
I would advise that any prospective student who is considering this, or really, any other school in the Caribbean should visit caribbeanmdstudent.com. this really helped me understand what is going on down there.

psychvmd
12-28-2016, 10:13 PM

psychvmd
12-28-2016, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=verokmed;1516130]No one is going to any JFK "school of medicine" so dont think there will be even one soul leaving CMU. JFK has been created and struggled for 2 years to get an IMED listing but:

Verokomed/CMU Dean are all the same person.

1215Ethix
12-29-2016, 11:39 AM
dontcare22 nope you got the wrong idea and blamed it on the wrong person omg you are a moron for sure.

1215Ethix
12-29-2016, 11:43 AM
If you are who I think you are than you should really stop, you are making yourself look like a fool cause you lost your job. Please do yourself a favor and stop trashing CMU, because you are only doing this to get your job back.

You don't know who I am loser/dropout. I was a student groped by RJ. I attend school in Texas. Fooled all of you!!!HAHA

psychvmd
01-05-2017, 03:34 AM

psychvmd
01-05-2017, 03:46 AM

psychvmd
01-07-2017, 11:52 PM

steverogers
01-26-2017, 06:53 AM
I was considering CMU however I am concerned about the posts made about the lack of verification of the credentials claimed by CMU officials, administration and faculty. For example, the top academic dean, Ryan Jackson, M.D., lists himself as having a Medical Degree on the school website. Also, he lists himself as a Medical Doctor on LinkedIn, Facebook, Mensa, US Association of the Club of Rome, Triple9Society. He lists authorship of a book on Amazon with pictures with boxes of medication with the army. He has posted pictures of himself wearing scrubs and performing medical exams of patients in Haiti as a disaster relief physician. This is all very impressive and honorable work and should reflect positively for those considering CMU.

However, there is not a single instance where Academic Dean Ryan Jackson, MD states where he obtained his medical degree. Nor a single word about the date of his degree, nor anything whatsoever about residency, nor a license to practice medicine. Why would anyone ever with such medical stories and experiences omit their medical education degree granting school? Especially an Academic Dean of a medical school?

It would be the easiest thing to fix such a mistake. It seems like it has gone on like this for years. At least fix it on the CMU website, LinkedIn and Facebook. It would dispel all this negativity about honesty regarding credentials that are in many of this forum's posts about CMU.

psychvmd
01-26-2017, 06:55 PM
Do yourself a favor and check out other reputable schools with known administrators such as UMHS, AUA, MUA, Avalon but stay away from CMU/JFK/ and SMU-CMU arose from SMU and JFK came from CMU-lol hilarious triplet.

CMUDean
01-27-2017, 07:43 PM
I'm happy to report that we do not use the company you name above and we do not charge any extra fees for rotations in Atlanta. I am working with the the hospitals and clinics we use to provide better clinical experiences than before and I am about to meet with some physicians this evening to establish even more rotations. These new contracts are directly through CMU and not through any 3rd parties. I will be returning to Curacao in the morning and on Monday we will start testing our new Oculus Rift virtual anatomy lab- which is to be used in conjunction with our cadaver lab and Anatomage table. We are completing our 3rd year of being one of only about 5 or 6 schools in the Caribbean which have been visited by the teams from the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) to determine eligibility for using the NBME subject exams that the US medical schools use. The vice president in charge of creating the NBME and USMLE exams was on the team that visited CMU in the beginning of February of 2014 and we gained full approval within just 2 days of the visit.
Besides my work in Haiti, which has been mentioned, we take our students to Guatemala each year to help the poor people. I am currently working out the logistics of a volunteer trip to Jordan to help the Syrian refugees there.
I have been a peer reviewer for the American Public Health Association for 8 years now, including reviewing their programs to see which are eligible for CME credits from the AMA- this has also allowed me to keep on top of some of the new research. My recent appointment as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine in the UK will help open doors for our students and graduates there.
We continue to listen to constructive feedback and try to improve wherever we can rather than focusing our efforts on criticizing others. I appreciate those of you who are sincerely trying to help the potential students navigate the complicated world of foreign medical schools so keep it up.
If any of you have other suggestions on how to improve our university you can contact me at [email protected]

steverogers
01-27-2017, 11:39 PM
I'm happy to report that we do not use the company you name above and we do not charge any extra fees for rotations in Atlanta. I am working with the the hospitals and clinics we use to provide better clinical experiences than before and I am about to meet with some physicians this evening to establish even more rotations. These new contracts are directly through CMU and not through any 3rd parties. I will be returning to Curacao in the morning and on Monday we will start testing our new Oculus Rift virtual anatomy lab- which is to be used in conjunction with our cadaver lab and Anatomage table. We are completing our 3rd year of being one of only about 5 or 6 schools in the Caribbean which have been visited by the teams from the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) to determine eligibility for using the NBME subject exams that the US medical schools use. The vice president in charge of creating the NBME and USMLE exams was on the team that visited CMU in the beginning of February of 2014 and we gained full approval within just 2 days of the visit.
Besides my work in Haiti, which has been mentioned, we take our students to Guatemala each year to help the poor people. I am currently working out the logistics of a volunteer trip to Jordan to help the Syrian refugees there.
I have been a peer reviewer for the American Public Health Association for 8 years now, including reviewing their programs to see which are eligible for CME credits from the AMA- this has also allowed me to keep on top of some of the new research. My recent appointment as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine in the UK will help open doors for our students and graduates there.
We continue to listen to constructive feedback and try to improve wherever we can rather than focusing our efforts on criticizing others. I appreciate those of you who are sincerely trying to help the potential students navigate the complicated world of foreign medical schools so keep it up.
If any of you have other suggestions on how to improve our university you can contact me.

Thank you for your thoughtful post. Where did you earn your M.D.? Are you a Caribbean medical school graduate? The practice of disaster medicine often requires doctors to go to different countries. Did licensing issues come into play in your experience? Can you practice disaster medicine with a degree from the CMU or similarly situated medical schools? Thanks, it would greatly benefit those of us interested in CMU and volunteering as physicians as you did to know where you completed your training.

psychvmd
01-28-2017, 12:39 AM
disrespectful disaster who loves to brag....peer review and UK but I always thought you actually graduated medical school but now I come to find out no-explains your unprofessional and disrespectful ways eh RCJ!

psychvmd
01-28-2017, 03:09 PM
if he tells you "I dont think it's a good idea for you to do something " turn around and tell the sob "watch me"...be a real school...you should stop bragging and get to work instead of bsing around-I know it's one of your favorite past times....lol i forgot....u thought heart failure was hypoglycemia at first when the first episode was in class while you were on your ipad talking to your married female student you were in love with...bet you felt like a moron standing there while another trained doctor really knew what was going on during the second episode....RCJ = imbecile! He just gets off on bragging and being ridiculous with all sorts of insane things to post.....he will resist answering your questions and will resort to other means plus he wont deal with you directly- he wont show you that respect and later will act stupid.. #childish....silence is golden! This is what comes to mind about RCJ: unprofessional, disrespectful, non-fiduciary, unethical, no boundaries, deceitful, vindictive, hateful,discouraging, has favorites (attractive females whether they are married or not), uncaring, uncompasionate, shady, user, and pathetic.....

psychvmd
01-28-2017, 03:31 PM
The CEO/owner/fraudster has no clue and only prefers people who he knows will not succeed. He flies in a student who graduated only the basic sciences but has not completed nor will ever complete clinical sciences and/or his MD but has NEVER taken the steps yet preaches pharmacology to students lacking any credentials, SN. The ceo has stiffed people who helped him a lot-of course I would know from personal experience but the guy is a businessman and only cares about how much money he can rip off from students. He will not deal with any problems and instead will forward any complaints to others associated with the school. I remember a time when a disgruntled parent of the same origin as him was questioning him and he had no answer and instead turned to another student to lie for him. Dear CEO, students are not jealous of CMU-they dont like CMU when they say bad things about it from experience. Why does it matter to you people if a student posts stuff on their facebook page about their experiences? You ppl should not approach students about their Facebook posts and you should let them live their lives without having to interfere in their lives.When disaster strikes, then you should do something about it but you don't do that. Imagine if you did that, that would have prevented that horrible disaster in 2011. What did the school do when the student got killed? Now her ghost lurks through the dorms and messes with students in certain rooms on the second floor. Imagine if you went through the samething the professor you did-you would have PTSD for awhile but instead what do you do? You discredit and criticize the poor lady from her traumatic experience-incredibly unprofessional and heartless.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2011/07/jersey_city_medical_student_ki.html

Med grad
01-28-2017, 03:45 PM
I see they removed SH as the clinical dean. That's a good move and if they are no longer doing business with ***** Medical Group that's even a better development. But I still question the credential of people who are running this school. I don't believe the "Dean" has been licensed anywhere. The CEO of the school is a guy from Poland with no medical training or even any higher education in North America. He lists a bachelor's degree from some Polish University, which is difficult to verify. I am told he used to work for another Caribbean school in an administrative capacity. Therefore I see no one in the upper management of this school with educational credentials or experience that would qualify them to run a medical school. If I am wrong CMU should lists the credentials of its management to boost confidence on part of anyone looking to enroll. After all other schools publish this information routinely and I don't see any reason why CMU should be any different.

steverogers
01-28-2017, 07:26 PM
if he tells you "I dont think it's a good idea for you to do something " turn around and tell the sob "watch me"....oh btw the school is not an online school..it's a real school unlike cmu...you should stop bragging and get to work instead of bsing around-I know it's one of your favorite past times....lol i forgot....u thought heart failure was hypoglycemia....bet you felt like a moron standing there while another trained doctor really knew what was going on....RJ = imbecile! He just gets off on bragging and being ridiculous with all sorts of insane things to post.....he will resist answering your questions and will resort to other means plus he wont deal with you directly....one of these days he is going to find out the hard way.....lol the line is growing!!! #DONE

.................................................. ............................................... THE END............................................... .................................................. ...........

It appears that your two of your recent posts have been removed? I think that without them it leaves the above post I quoted out of needed context so that it can be understood clearly. You may want to re-post. Thank you for your efforts to provide information.

steverogers
01-28-2017, 08:14 PM
I see they removed SH as the clinical dean. That's a good move and if they are no longer doing business with ***** Medical Group that's even a better development. But I still question the credential of people who are running this school. I don't believe the "Dean" has been licensed anywhere. The CEO of the school is a guy from Poland with no medical training or even any higher education in North America. He lists a bachelor's degree from some Polish University, which is difficult to verify. I am told he used to work for another Caribbean school in an administrative capacity. Therefore I see no one in the upper management of this school with educational credentials or experience that would qualify them to run a medical school. If I am wrong CMU should lists the credentials of its management to boost confidence on part of anyone looking to enroll. After all other schools publish this information routinely and I don't see any reason why CMU should be any different.

Thanks. Your post states exactly the thoughts I am having about CMU and the other similar medical schools. Because these medical schools are outside the US system they are are subject to significant scrutiny as to whether they are able to provide comparable instruction. Therefore, the CMU website must state accurate and up to date credential information regarding administration and faculty. Dr. Jackson what medical school did you graduate from?

psychvmd
01-28-2017, 10:56 PM
I dont think it's a good idea to even call that pos a doctor....questionable MD, no steps, no residency, and no license....the ceo/owner/fraudster of the school used to work in an administrative person at another medical school I believe was SGU and copied/pasted a whole bunch of schools who never heard of CMU and now that page is gone - took only how many years....lol this school is ran by a bunch of shady panzies as RCJ proved himself time and time again since if you try to talk to him and his nerves get pulled - very predictable - he will contact you indirectly cuz he lacks a pair. RCJ is a very vindictive, hateful and deceitful imbecile. RCJ hates if you mention something you have accomplished something in your life when he told you "you can't do it" and you prove his stupid *** wrong but it makes him feel bad and beneath everyone else while he brags about himself because he feels like his throne has been violated plus he feels entitled to things of students but will come out with some excuse later. If you google ridiculous and braggart, you will find It (RCJ) there. CMU arose from another school on the island called SMU - another school you dont want to even think about. Every semester students leave this shady moldy no credentials school for Avalon-the only standalone medical school that did not arise from anywhere else. RCJ is a nobody now and forever in the US so now he's making it big on the island of Curacao who loves to brag about himself.RCJ stands for Ridiculous Crazy Jack***. If anything happens to you on the island, your life becomes public knowledge and you are talked about in the school. RCJ encourages people he likes but he threatens and discourages people from continuing especially the ones he does not like. One day if you send him a message that you are at a higher level than he is he feels threatened and gets very jealous which is normal for him like their lifetime third year medical student who imitates! LOL

psychvmd
01-28-2017, 11:05 PM
Quotes for RCJ:
"why is it acceptable for you to act like an idiot but unacceptable for me to point it out"

"Being a man is not about how tough you are, it's about how you control the difficult situations that life confronts you with"- just breathe I know it's hard but just breathe!

psychvmd
01-28-2017, 11:36 PM
Better quality choices than this place which lacks respect, courtesy, and professionalism. I mean seriously guy has something to hide if credentials are not even listed.

psychvmd
01-28-2017, 11:52 PM
proved my point again...lol....ridiculous

psychvmd
01-29-2017, 01:52 AM
Students are all adults on campus and should be treated with respect and professionalism but that doesnt happen and instead what happens is immature and unprofessional behavior by the dean of students who is truly a hippocrite in any sense-RCJ can question you but you cannot question an idiot because it goes beyond it's understanding and when you put a bit of pressure on it and makes him feel uncomfortable, silence is the key. Students are paying customers of that place and students should not have to deal with gossip, rumors, and other unprofessional activities.
Students want to be treated fairly. There shouldn’t be a set of rules for me, a set for someone who is more likeable by certain admin people, and a different set for those that are deemed attractive and desirable.Students should be all be treated the same. Money has the same color and value as the next person.#FAIR
Don’t take money and then treat students as if they don’t matter.
If CMU is concerned about its plate, then CMU should be even more concerned about the hand that feeds it (students). Without students there is no CMU.
There is no Dean of Students for students to go and express issues. There is only one person. He will only serve you as long as you are a female and you turn him on and he will make sure you pass your classes if you make him happy....#INURA

Avoid doing things that makes students upset. It is so simple. DON’T:
• Invade privacy
• Disrespect students by talking down or yelling at us and being unprofessional. Dont gossip about students, cause drama between students just to stir them up, and spread rumors about students because you lack a life of your own RCJ.
• Steal items from the dorms(the samething happened to Dr T who is no longer there and was the only MD from a credible medical school in Poland)
• Show favoritism
• Present sexually inappropriate behavior with select female students-RCJ good luck with that-I know it's a bit hard knowing all about you and your history!
• Assess fine$ (really) – One hundred dollars!
• Recruit low quality Professors
• Leave students to fend for themselves when things go wrong-can list 20 instances that happened
• Use home drug testing kits to get back at students because of revenge
Students pay CMU for housing but the housing especially at the moldy Clarion/classrooms as far as I know lacks cooking facilities, no wifi, landlord shuts off power when he feels like it and what does CMU do about it? zippo! What kind of place is that? Not a place to attend!!!

If CMU cares about its reputation, not doing the above is a good start.

Be respectful to students and if RCJ has a problem with someone, let him deal directly with that person rather than acting stupid later - RCJ I know it's hard. Get help given your history! Who would want to attend a school like this?

psychvmd
01-29-2017, 08:50 AM
If any of you have other suggestions on how to improve our university you can contact me at [email protected]

you proved my point again eh RCJ....not a man but nothing but a shady panzy. Brag all about what? CMU has how many grads since 2012?18 out of the 700 students who enrolled....oh wait my bad I bet those students transferred to a different school and the rest of them dropped out. I know how much you love to stalk people....minding your own business is a problem I know very well.....you and your strange shady ways! Where is your MD from RCJ or it is a PhD?
CMU | Residency Match Program (http://www.cmumed.org/academics/residency.htm)
don't know if that figure is right knowing CMU and their shady ways! You are so honest and above the law I know so why dont you answer these students questions if you're really honest - oops my bad that's another one of your downsides I forgot and RCJ Fluorouracil :)

psychvmd
01-29-2017, 09:49 PM
Thanks. Your post states exactly the thoughts I am having about CMU and the other similar medical schools. Because these medical schools are outside the US system they are are subject to significant scrutiny as to whether they are able to provide comparable instruction. Therefore, the CMU website must state accurate and up to date credential information regarding administration and faculty. Dr. Jackson what medical school did you graduate from?

You will not get answers from RCJ because he has something to hide.

psychvmd
01-31-2017, 10:30 PM
____________________________________________the end_______________________________________________ ________________________

steverogers
02-10-2017, 07:28 PM
Where did the Academic Dean for CMU go to medical school?

This information was asked for 3 weeks ago in a very respectful manner. A number of forum members have expressed similar concerns about the missing information. There are posts going back for 3 if not 4 years requesting this information. It is a continuing controversy and undermines the credibility of the institution. Please provide the full name of the actual medical degree earned, year earned, and full name of the school so that it can be verified.

It should not be necessary to post this question as new topic thread. Thank you.

psychvmd
02-13-2017, 12:08 AM

This information was asked for 3 weeks ago in a very respectful manner. A number of forum members have expressed similar concerns about the missing information. There are posts going back for 3 if not 4 years requesting this information. It is a continuing controversy and undermines the credibility of the institution. Please provide the full name of the actual medical degree earned, year earned, and full name of the school so that it can be verified.

It should not be necessary to post this question as new topic thread. Thank you.

Silence is golden with this institution. Respect is a big word for RJ because he is the type of guy that demands it but finds it strange to give others the respect they deserve. It would be a miracle if you get a response but I doubt you will. I would suggest you look for a quality medical school like Avalon since any normal medical school would be happy to post their legit info about their faculty and even then, CMU, does not fall into that category either. Having been to both schools, I can compare both of them but Avalon has a higher list of positive things to list than CMU ever will from experience!

02-22-2017, 12:19 PM
I'm happy to report that we do not use the company you name above and we do not charge any extra fees for rotations in Atlanta.
Anymore! Probably because people are tired of being rip off extra fees. Why didn’t you do this in the first place?

I am working with the the hospitals and clinics we use to provide better clinical experiences than before and I am about to meet with some physicians this evening to establish even more rotations.
So you are still doing it all? So you are the Dean, the office manager, the collections agent and now the clinical rotations coordinator. A one man show. Is the school cheap? Why isn’t their sufficient expert staff?

Besides my work in Haiti, which has been mentioned.
Yea we know. You mention your work in Haiti all the time. Have you considered exclusively working in Haiti?

For one Dr. RJ, you are a major criticizer. Check you post throughout VMD, as you criticize and write very disrespectful comments to people. That is one of your many problems. You have a hard time receiving feedback especially about you. Yes we are trying to help others navigate through all this, because some of the schools are a complete waste of money.

If any of you have other suggestions on how to improve our university.
Yes I do. Resign. This is the single best thing you can do for this school. I am not sure what shape it was in before you got there, but I can tell you many people withdrew their admission exclusively because of you.

I have only heard of an association with Central America Health Sciences University (CAHSU). Still not sure if he ever graduated. He has never mentioned his school or had his diploma on the wall like other proud physicians of their alma mater.

Hello there,
I got accepted into this school and was wondering if anyone knows where the students are now after graduating.
Thank you.
Well if you go, don’t come back here to complain. You know the old saying “You knew the job was dangerous before you took it.” To answer your question. I met only one graduate from this school and that person disassociated from CMU. Other than that, there has been a mass exodus out of there.

doctobe1995
03-12-2017, 09:54 AM
it's been 2 years now. would you mind telling us about your experience in rotations? if you have already matched? and just your general experience since? thanks :)

05-20-2017, 10:54 AM
Police: Indian Woman Missing Since Monday
April 19, 2017 - Curacao Chronicle

WILLEMSTAD - The Indian woman (name with-held) is missing. The 30-year-old woman attends the Medical School at the WTC and lives in an apartment at Moomba Beach. She has been missing since Monday.
Monday night she was spotted around 20:00 at Moomba Beach, across from the Hilton. She wore a bathing suit and slippers.
Anyone who has information on the whereabouts of (name with-held) please report by calling 917 or anonymously via 108.

Missing Indian Woman Found Dead
April 19, 2017 – Curacao Chronicle

WILLEMSTAD – Information just came in that the lifeless body of the missing Indian woman was found today. Police authorities found her at Santa Cruz beach.
We are still waiting for the police report.

-My heart goes out to this woman's family. No one deserves to receive news like this about their loved you. Not saying anyone at CMU was responsible for this reprehensible crime, but this is the third death associated with this school.

CMUDean
05-23-2017, 04:41 PM
Working with the US Consulate to contact the family of a student who drowned was very difficult. We helped the family come to the island to mourn the loss of this kind student but you, a former employee pretending to be a student, try to hurt the family and the memory of this wonderful person in order to serve your childish grudge and claim that this was a crime- how awful. Hopefully you will someday find a job so that you don't have to spend all of your time on these forums flinging mud.

psychvmd
06-09-2017, 05:07 AM
I wonder who verokomed is? Perhaps an administrator pretending to be a student too!

06-10-2017, 10:35 AM
Working with the US Consulate to contact the family of a student who drowned was very difficult. We helped the family come to the island to mourn the loss of this kind student.
All of this information was not in the article but you were compelled to share this in a public forum. How do you know if the family wanted this information shared? Well that’s your style right? You were the main culprit spreading rumors about my classmates and other students. Forget about everyone else… Its all about you isn’t it?

a former employee pretending to be a student.
Nice spin CMUDean (as if you can really call yourself one), why not a student pretending to be an employee pretending to be a student. Heck, throw on its really the prime minister of Curacao.
Really it does not matter who or what you think I am? Well maybe you do because I am letting people know the real deal. All what matters:
What Is Going on With This School? If this post saved one person from being burned by CMU financially, emotionally, wasted time, refused transcripts, lies and deceit mainly by you, then it was all worth it.

try to hurt the family and the memory of this wonderful person in order to serve your childish grudge.
Nice spin. C’mon… you can lie better than that? You are starting to disappoint me.

claim that this was a crime- how awful.
At the time I thought it was. My bad. Still horrific all the same, and I feel bad for this family and the families of the other people that received similar news associated with this school.

Hopefully you will someday find a job so that you don't have to spend all of your time on these forums flinging mud. .
Yeah I will keep that in mind. Hopefully one day you will answer real questions such as:
Where did you go to medical school?
Where did you do your fellowship in undersea and hyperbaric medicine / Master degree?
200 hours from an online course next door to CMU does not represent what you state.

I am bored with you CMUDean. You ain’t fooling nobody.

You are uneducated (fake credentials)
Insecure and immature
Will lie about anything while looking into someone’s eyes
Irresponsible
A wannabe master manipulator
Untrustworthy

Why would anyone trust you with their career?

I am walking away from this thread. Those that want to sign up with you. I wish them luck. Eventually you will screw them over. You can’t help yourself. It’s in your nature.

Go do something productive for CMU and stop coming over here looking for me to abuse you. You keep this up I will have to start wearing my leather gloves and charging you for the sessions.
This presentation has been sponsored by gee eef why eef

hulk2356
03-01-2018, 11:52 AM
What you talkign about man, this school is great!Which school graduates you without usmle and pays you to work for them?which school you get the ceo to FIX anything from academic to professors to excluding exams and making the dean do what we want? My colleage graduated without usmle and this is school is so nice, lets us tell people about it for discounts even though admissions now has awaiving code.but complain to the ceo and he makes finance give it to you.Dont knwo the new admissions person in person, but they now have a doctor in admissions.but it's so nice to talk to someone on the same english level that doesn;t know how to explain things well.The other admissions lady when i got in was too clear and professional and too good english and gave the school a good image which made a bad school because it was trying to be good with admissions and degrees, making sure i was qualified, she;s nice and fast and so much details so you know what to expect. right now people can feel more on the same level, of students.If you don;t know english enough, you can feel at home with her and if you don't understand things, no worries i don't thnk she udnerstands well either. so there you go. AWESOME! sorry for all typos as i'm busy looking for a bad, hard caamhp school.

Idktriple6
04-18-2018, 10:18 PM

Idktriple6
04-18-2018, 10:26 PM
The_Truth_Will_Set_U_Free is a salty man's best friend. But the fact of the matter is this guy had a bad experience at a Caribbean school and is trying to negatively suppress his feelings on to potential medical students who want to study medicine.

I feel sorry for this guy, truly sad and petty...

Idktriple6
04-29-2018, 06:29 PM
I also will add, CMU is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools currently present. However, it is not accredited by CAAM-HP or ACCM.

04-11-2019, 03:55 PM
The_Truth_Will_Set_U_Free is a salty man's best friend. But the fact of the matter is this guy had a bad experience at a Caribbean school and is trying to negatively suppress his feelings on to potential medical students who want to study medicine.

Actually I am your best friend. Didn't you get the lovely cushions for your patella I sent you on your birthday.

I thought you would have learned some sense after the last time I scaled and filleted you on VMD. I guess not. You are too far gone. Hopeless case. Stage IV Anal Cancer.

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE STILL AT IT! (Review from Google)

This review comes from a current student here at CMU. I will not disclose what semester I am in for fear of retaliation from the Dean we currently have.
Just for the reason mentioned above, I would not attend this place. It’s not a school. Just because they are chartered by the ministry here on Curacao does NOT mean they are an accredited medical school. I’m still here because I’m too far in to leave and go somewhere else to start over after the money I have dropped.
Aside from CMU not being accredited (they lack CAAM-HP and are not eligible for U.S. Direct Federal Loan Program which big schools like AUA, St. George, AUC, just to name a few have), CMU is held hostage by a tyrannical Dean of Academics named RJ and CMU’s CEO RL.

I have witnessed Dean RJ harass students and verbally assault anyone who has a question regarding classes or the school’s operations. Dean RJ holds himself in high regard beyond a normal sense. He clearly has anger issues and exploded on students in the past just for asking a question concerning a class. Students have even threatened his life in retaliation----it’s that bad. He treats students with degradation and expects students not to question anything. Students are taught to not question anything, even if it means poor living conditions and teachers that do not adequately prepare you for the USMLE.

My dorm room was entered by school officials and things were taken without notice, there have been reports of students having stuff stolen out of their sealed luggage bags in their room.
The school does not have a campus. They are in the back of the World Trade Center here on Curacao. The dorms are just old buildings and a run-down hotel that once operated in the area. It is filled with mold and mildew and the building has to be kept in around 60 F at all times otherwise, mold spores will make you sick.
Cafeteria is hut-like building that serves mainly the same thing every day----chicken and rice.

As I have said, I’m too far in and cannot wait to graduate CMU and leave this behind me. This has been one of the worst experiences of my adult life. If you keep your head down and pay your money, the school will leave you alone. If you don’t, God help you.
If you’re reading this, pick a different school. Right now, you can assume Dean RJ is reading this and trying to figure out who wrote it so he can kick me out of school. Everyone thinks what I have written just nobody wants to be harassed by our wonderful Dean who loves to make up rules as he goes along and kick you out if he suspects you’re unhappy.

Response from the owner a year ago
False statements written by someone who is not a student and who is using a false name.
It appears that the felon, (Name Withdrawn) used his mother's name to post this, one of three fake posts as part of his attempts to extort us.

My Response
Everyone is a fake except you.

Last I remember you were a;
Fake Dean
Fake MD
Fake Hyperbaric physician
Fake Genius
Fake VMD Resident
Fake VMD Student
and a Fake Fake. You're handler is letting you run loose off the chain frothing at the mouth.

The only way to deal with unscrupulous people like this is to STOP GIVING THEM YOUR MONEY. Stop referring your friends. Now the OP should have seen previous post written about this school. I guess nothing has changed since my last post. Sad Sad SAD!.

Now CMUDean get mad and come on back over here and say somethin' stoopid. You know you can't help it. Sooo predictable and simple.

buenavides1
04-24-2019, 09:40 PM
I feel like they don't care about the students said about it even if it is negative.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.