PDA

View Full Version : UNIBE Jan 2015

DrSMR
12-10-2014, 10:13 PM
I wanted to get in touch with other people that are also starting UNIBE Medical School in January 2015. Please, It would be great if we can form a group and together we can help each other out. Also, if you are in the process of applying or thinking about it, I could provide you with information. I did my application and unlike anything I have read here, mine was a very smooth one. My girlfriend also decided to apply and she also had the same experience. Again, if you have any doubts or concerns of the process I will be more than happy to guide you. I cannot say anything about classes or the school, yet because I have not started.

Thank you !

Nina Perez
01-12-2015, 04:43 PM
I wanted to get in touch with other people that are also starting UNIBE Medical School in January 2015. Please, It would be great if we can form a group and together we can help each other out. Also, if you are in the process of applying or thinking about it, I could provide you with information. I did my application and unlike anything I have read here, mine was a very smooth one. My girlfriend also decided to apply and she also had the same experience. Again, if you have any doubts or concerns of the process I will be more than happy to guide you. I cannot say anything about classes or the school, yet because I have not started.

Thank you !

Hi, i would like help with my admission procedure please!!! Thank you

DrSMR
01-13-2015, 06:31 AM
Hi, i would like help with my admission procedure please!!! Thank you

Hi Nina,

Sorry for the late response. I am currently in the DR and I don't have Internet at home yet. What do you need help with in specific ?

Nina Perez
01-13-2015, 11:56 AM
No problem, how long they took to give you an answer?
How was the interview?
I bet yo start school already and how you experience is?

All the best for you!!!!

DrSMR
01-13-2015, 12:07 PM
No problem, how long they took to give you an answer?
How was the interview?
I bet yo start school already and how you experience is?

All the best for you!!!!

Thank you for your encouragement. I applied with my girlfriend and they took about 3 weeks to give me an answer. My girlfriend received hers first and mine took like an extra week. I actually contacted them for the answer since they were reviewing my credits to be transferred and all that. The interview was short and really straight forward. They ask you like 5 questions about why do you want to be in the program and after that you wait. I did start my classes last week. I honestly would tell you to disregard any negative comment that you see in this forum. Understand, UNIBE is not a perfect university; but again you won't find a perfect university in any part of the world. So far, my experience has been amazing. People are friendly and the professors are good. You'll encounter many student in the same situation, which would allow you to feel better and not alone. Do not hesitate to e-mail them and ask question. They are really helpful, just keep in mind that like you there are many others so they might take a some time to reply.

Nina Perez
01-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Thank you for your encouragement. I applied with my girlfriend and they took about 3 weeks to give me an answer. My girlfriend received hers first and mine took like an extra week. I actually contacted them for the answer since they were reviewing my credits to be transferred and all that. The interview was short and really straight forward. They ask you like 5 questions about why do you want to be in the program and after that you wait. I did start my classes last week. I honestly would tell you to disregard any negative comment that you see in this forum. Understand, UNIBE is not a perfect university; but again you won't find a perfect university in any part of the world. So far, my experience has been amazing. People are friendly and the professors are good. You'll encounter many student in the same situation, which would allow you to feel better and not alone. Do not hesitate to e-mail them and ask question. They are really helpful, just keep in mind that like you there are many others so they might take a some time to reply.

I am so happy to hear that!!! All the best with classes and everything else.
I planning and getting my paper ready to apply, You've been really helpful and I appreciate that.
All the best for the girlfriend to, Both of you can do this LETS GOOOOOOOOOO.
If you know they have classes start for May-August??

DrSMR
01-26-2015, 02:20 PM
I am so happy to hear that!!! All the best with classes and everything else.
I planning and getting my paper ready to apply, You've been really helpful and I appreciate that.
All the best for the girlfriend to, Both of you can do this LETS GOOOOOOOOOO.
If you know they have classes start for May-August??

Hey Nina, awesome to hear that you are getting ready to apply. If you have any questions with the process just let me know and I'll guide you as best as I can. To answer your questions, yes UNIBE has classes during May thru August. The semesters starts like this:

2015 Academic Calendar

January 6th thru April 18th

May 5th thru August 15th

Sept 1st thru December 13th

These dates I got them from my 2015 Academic Calendar. In the Medical program you take classes every semester.

Any other question, let me know! Good luck !

Nina Perez
01-27-2015, 06:38 AM
That's good.
I emailed them but you answer me quicker then they do LOL
When is the deadline for application for May if you know??

DrSMR
01-27-2015, 07:28 AM
That's good.
I emailed them but you answer me quicker then they do LOL
When is the deadline for application for May if you know??

That I do not know because in their website they only have the deadlines for the Jan and Sept semesters. Try to contact Lourdes and she will be able to answer that. When they take long to reply always keep in mind that during weekends you will not get an answer because they don't work. So, when they go in on Monday they have many emails waiting for them. Try to be patient and if you see that you got no answer, then email them again. In the meantime gather all your documents and have them ready.

Nina Perez
02-03-2015, 04:05 AM
Thank you very much once again!!! How it's going so far in school with you and you're girlfriend??
Remember you guys can doo this!!!

DrSMR
02-03-2015, 11:18 AM
Thank you very much once again!!! How it's going so far in school with you and you're girlfriend??
Remember you guys can doo this!!!

It is going great. We already are pretty much used to how the things are here and honestly I love it haha. Yeah sure some things are slow like Claro (which is the internet, TV and phone provider), but anything else you can get it done fairly fast. Also, I love the fact that anything deliver to your house not only the Colmados (little markets) there are billions of them lol, but any restaurant you want KFC, Taco Bell, Jade Tarayaki...anything you call them and they deliver your food lol. School is going super, you make a bunch of friends from the start and I feel really part of the Medicine family. The professors are great and some of them really funny. What I really like is the fact that they treat you really well they want you to achieve your goal and they are always willing to help. When you come, you are going to meet Elizabeth, whom I like to refer as our "Yoda" hahaha she is your person to go to when in doubt and she is always available for you so that is awesome. Other than that, I am in paradise LOL.

DrSMR
04-09-2015, 12:12 AM
Hi Nina,

How is everything going? Please, tell me how did it go? Were you able to apply?

bigred2012
04-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Dr SMR, I would love some advice on how apply to UNIBE. I completed my undergrad here in the US but did not take any of my pre-med requirements (with the exception of one). I haven't been to school in over three years and so I may not be able to obtain solid letters of recommendation at this point. Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking of enrolling in a local university in order to take courses in the sciences and build relationships with professors and then apply in about a year. Ultimately, I would love to know what the process was like for gaining admission into the pre med program at UNIBE. A big thanks in advance! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DrSMR
04-24-2015, 09:30 PM
Hey bigred2012,

Yogur case is similar to mine. When u applied to UNIBE I was out of school for a year and a half. Honestly, I would suggest getting in touch with some old professors and asking if there is a chance of you getting the letters. If you see that this is absolutely not an option then go ahead and start in a local college to get to know some of your professors and ask them. Now, I would recommend starting the process of collecting all the documents required by UNIBE since some process may take some time. If you haven't taken any science classes, do not worry many students haven't and they start from the medical program and in no time they are in medicine. The way I did everything was that I applied for the September semester but notice my documents weren't all together so I decided to postpone it to January and after submitting everything I got an interview with them and then two weeks from that date I was accepted. In conclusion, just gather all the documents. See about the letters (I'm sure some professors will help you) and then see where you stand and take it from there. The important thing is to go ahead and move forward. Good luck my friend and if you need anything else do not hesitate to contact me again.

bigred2012
04-24-2015, 10:20 PM
Thank you for your quick and awesome reply, all of the information is very helpful. Just curious, how is the program so far? Do you feel like you are on track for practicing medicine here in the US? And finally, were you able to secure loan money to cover for the costs for the pre-med portion of the program? Thanks for everything!

DrSMR
04-24-2015, 11:56 PM
Thank you for your quick and awesome reply, all of the information is very helpful. Just curious, how is the program so far? Do you feel like you are on track for practicing medicine here in the US? And finally, were you able to secure loan money to cover for the costs for the pre-med portion of the program? Thanks for everything!

The he program is great (in my opinion). There are a little bit of everything. Students that complain and say they are not a good university and others that stay quite, eat their books and perform amazing. It all depends on you and how much effort you put into achieving your dreams. I am currently in my 4th semester since I needed to finish the organic classes and physics. In sept I'll be in the medical program. However; I do know many students in their 11th semester and even 14th (there are 16th semester to complete the program) and they all say the same. It's how much and how bad you want it. You need to study hard and make sure you perform well and learn all you can. No school anywhere in the world will spoon feed you and some students unfortunately feel that way. The loans are given by de US department of education and are available for your pre-med and medical program as well. Also, if needed you could apply to Sallie Mae as well.

bigred2012
04-25-2015, 01:36 PM
Awesome - thank you for all of the help! Suerte, good luck with your studies. Hopefully I make it to the campus soon.

Sharleen I. Hernández
09-02-2015, 08:51 AM
Heey guys, you don't know how happy i am to find this site. I am applying to UNIBE for May'16 and i am so nervous, are you guys like on it? I was in the UCE ( a medical school in San Pedro de Macoris RD) but federal loans got cut off. I would like to know how you guys are going in your classes? Are you enjoying the life in the capital? Do you think the school is preparing you for the STEPS?

DrSMR
09-05-2015, 08:16 PM
Heey guys, you don't know how happy i am to find this site. I am applying to UNIBE for May'16 and i am so nervous, are you guys like on it? I was in the UCE ( a medical school in San Pedro de Macoris RD) but federal loans got cut off. I would like to know how you guys are going in your classes? Are you enjoying the life in the capital? Do you think the school is preparing you for the STEPS?

Classes are going fine. The capital is good, really hot but it is good lol. I am really happy with the Medical program and they do prepare you for the Steps.

bolmd
09-06-2015, 09:15 PM
What about clinical rotations?? can you do them in FL?? all two yrs? or you're forced to stay in DR? tks

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.